• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Zek said:
Yeah, Dark Samus could easily be a Mewtwo clone. Samus, though? Besides their looking very similar there is no reason that would happen. What's the point of even adding a character if you're going to completely ignore all their abilities? I'd rather have Wolf.

I really don't understand what game you guys are playing. Dark Samus can easily be a Samus clone. She's just as acrobatic when it comes to physical attacks, and most if not all of her long distance/special attacks are just super versions of Samus'. Sure she floats, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be a clone that floats. Look at Mewtwo to Lucario.

Well of course, I'd consider Dark Samus a Luigi'd clone, but the fact is that she can be a clone.

And either you guys don't really understand how her moves worked in the Prime 2 and Prime 3 boss fights, or you have some lofty image of her in your head much in the same way I've seen people with Mewtwo. In fact, some of you are comparing her to Mewtwo, what a coincidence.

Rotanibor

I am not surprised about the custom maps thing at all. And I am surprised so many thought you'd be able to use them over wifi in an anyone match even.

The only thing I was holding out for, was being able to use the 'custom stage of the day' online.

With 41 stages, and not a ton of them seeming iffy like last time around in Melee, I don't see whats to complain about here.

I have not been following this thread lately, one more question. Has anyone played through the single player campaign? Any impressions on it?

So, what the hell does Luigi's Final Smash do apart from creating a large green bubble?

Also, does he have a Poltergust attack to replace Mario's FLUDD attack? If not, Sakurai am fail.

Proven

StrikerObi said:
So, what the hell does Luigi's Final Smash do apart from creating a large green bubble?

Also, does he have a Poltergust attack to replace Mario's FLUDD attack? If not, Sakurai am fail.

It slows people down, it looks like it does constant damage to at least shields (someone had their shield out and it looked like it was getting pummeled) may put you to sleep, all sorts of weird things.

Oh, and Luigi does a really funny dance.

And about the SSE video, that guy makes Olimar look like he sucks. That's bad.

Proven

Seeing this on Smashboards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHaOs4FBpwE

Has made me wonder about ROB play videos. I saw one video from an Event Match (it was like, match 25 or 30, which goes to show just how quickly you're supposed to unlock these characters) but the video had the player really confused or something and he lost without showing much.

gwiz210

1up said:
1: Pictures taken in game can be saved on an SD card, but are encrypted and, as of right now, can't be viewed on a PC. Same goes for replays.
Ah crap. I was hoping they saved as image files so I could use screenshots as desktop backgrounds. Do you all think theres a chance someone will make a converter that can turn wii .bin files into something standard like .jpg?

PkunkFury

gwiz210 said:
Ah crap. I was hoping they saved as image files so I could use screenshots as desktop backgrounds. Do you all think theres a chance someone will make a converter that can turn wii .bin files into something standard like .jpg?

I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen sometime

dsbrawl3.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Can't be disappointed now can I? :lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Holy Order Sol said:
Is this Snake contacting the StarFox team by mistake ?
Because that's one of the things I kept saying as a joke after the codec conversations had been unveiled. :lol

The actual conversation would probably just be Snake and Slippy screaming in terror at the sight of each other.

Crushed said:
The actual conversation would probably just be Snake and Slippy screaming in terror at the sight of each other.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of

- USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH
- the fuck you say

SantaC

DayShallCome said:
Uh that totally blows. I definitely thought they could be used online... I thought that was the whole flipping point.

what? Isn't the point having fun with them with your friends? Online isn't everything.

Azar

Kind of sucks when your friends who plays Smash Bros. don't live especially close by. It's always a letdown when quality game features are left out of online play, especially something as versatile as a level editor. But being Nintendo I'm not entirely surprised.

SantaC

Azar said:
Kind of sucks when your friends who plays Smash Bros. don't live especially close by. It's always a letdown when quality game features are left out of online play, especially something as versatile as a level editor. But being Nintendo I'm not entirely surprised.

there is like 41 normal stages, I am sure you can be busy with them online.

1up said:
I hope I can use Luigi as my main again. I love his winning pose. I stopped using him in Melee because they toned down his UP+B a lot. He looks really good now. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh man, if anything I thought he was stronger in melee despite UP+B nerfage since his A moves were so strong, especially his aerial attacks and running and sliding into an Up+A was always brutal. Plus down+B rules and he's so hard to kill with the torpedo they added in Melee.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Rumor going around /v/ is that Jungle Japes, Green Greens and Pokemon Stadium are back. Big Blue was mentioned too but no one has any screens.

All I have to say is fuck Green Greens where is Fountain of Dreams or Dreamland

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So have any interesting new assist trophies been spotted? Considering we only really knew maybe a dozen, you'd think there'd be a lot more to go.

Jiggy

Yay x50 for Big Blue, Yay x25 for Pokemon Stadium, Boo x2 for Green Greens, Boo x350 for Jungle Japes.

Edit: Also, I for one would like to say that with how awesome some of the Subspace Emissary levels look, it's a shame that it won't be possible to play multiplayer on them. >_> Like the
Donkey + Diddy + Captain Falcon + Olimar
team on that platform with the awesome background of the
floating island

Aras

MisterHero said:
SUPER SMASH BROS. vs. CAPCOM

You know you want it.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

*megaman fighting against mario*

omg get out of my mind ><

Proven

Jiggy37 said:
Yay x100 for Big Blue, Yay x50 for Pokemon Stadium, Boo x2 for Green Greens, Boo x350 for Jungle Japes.

God, what is with people and the DK stages? I loved them. They were quite simple and you didn't die by accident as much as with Big Blue, G&W's stage or even something like Poke Floats.

And besides, Ice Climbers' Summit stage has a fight that's many times bigger than a Klaptrap, that actually jumps really high when you're close to the edge instead of hitting you only when you're touching the water.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HK-47 said:
Rumor going around /v/ is that Jungle Japes, Green Greens and Pokemon Stadium are back. Big Blue was mentioned too but no one has any screens.

All I have to say is fuck Green Greens where is Fountain of Dreams or Dreamland

2lstes5.jpg

:D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Yay x50 for Big Blue, Yay x25 for Pokemon Stadium, Boo x2 for Green Greens, Boo x350 for Jungle Japes.

Edit: Also, I for one would like to say that with how awesome some of the Subspace Emissary levels look, it's a shame that it won't be possible to play multiplayer on them. >_> Like the
Donkey + Diddy + Captain Falcon + Olimar
team on that platform with the awesome background of the
floating island

totally I was like why didnt they just throw that in with the stages. The tilting was awesome

So have any more ROB videos come? And is there confirmation that there is no way to switch to ZSS except for the smash ball?

The character roster seems pretty much perfect to me. People complaining about clones is funny. There are less clones in this game, and the differences between clones seems to be exaggerated now. In melee, the differences between some clones made it so that they played completely differently (Ganondorf v. Falcon, Fox v. Falco, Luigi v. Mario especially) and this game seems to be no different. Lucario doesn't look anything like Mewtwo from what I can see. His smashes are different, his aerials are different, and the one move he shares, his shadow ball, goes straight across unlike Mewtwo. Hell, half of Mewtwo's moves used his tail, how can Lucario even be a clone? Wolf seems really different too. There haven't been many good videos, but he will definitely play differently from the other two, but probably more like Falco than Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom