• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sp0rsk confirmed in the japanese impressions thread that ZSS is not selectable from the menu.

Piss poor design choice

Jiggy

Proven said:
God, what is with people and the DK stages? I loved them. They were quite simple and you didn't die by accident as much as with Big Blue, G&W's stage or even something like Poke Floats.

And besides, Ice Climbers' Summit stage has a fight that's many times bigger than a Klaptrap, that actually jumps really high when you're close to the edge instead of hitting you only when you're touching the water.
I don't hate the Klaptrap. It's the river.
...and the darkness, but mostly the river.

Does anyone have the guide yet? What time is it supposed to come out? If somone gets it please post
How you unlock Toon Link. Since it looks like he is not unlocked in SSE, please post how! I wanna unlock him 1st!

Well we finally got confirmation on ZSS selectability

Piss poor design choice.

No..no...no way. I refuse to believe it. :(

Maybe its like Sheik in Melee? You had to hold down A on the character select screen to start as Sheik. What if there is a button you have to hold to start as ZSS?

gwiz210

HK-47 said:
Darkness? Jungle Japes takes place in broad daylight
I think you're thinking of the level with the DK rap from melee. This one is the other one with the river that flows left and has a house in the center.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
gwiz210 said:
I think you're thinking of the level with the DK rap from melee. This one is the other one with the river that flows left and has a house in the center.
Hopefully the rap is back.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
gwiz210 said:

Yeah that level is shit. It and the 64 one. Too dark. They could have at least brought back the waterfall one. Its like they just randomly choose a bunch of stages.

CrisKre

Hopefully Jungle Japes is unlockable or something. Best melle stage BY FAR.

3352453.jpg

gwiz210

HK-47 said:
Yeah that level is shit. It and the 64 one. Too dark. They could have at least brought back the waterfall one. Its like they just randomly choose a bunch of stages.
I love it actually, one wrong move can send you in the river and it makes for good multiplayer standoffs.

...I hate the n64 one with a passion though...

boiled goose

good with gravy
Yes! big blue is back! the stage i wanted to most to return.... its such a fun stage.

Is fountain of dreams back? it is beautiful and the music is great!:D

The Crimson Blur said:
No..no...no way. I refuse to believe it. :(

Maybe its like Sheik in Melee? You had to hold down A on the character select screen to start as Sheik. What if there is a button you have to hold to start as ZSS?

I'm thinking the same thing. If this is true that will literally be roster -1 for me. Sigh. Nothing about the roster has truly disappointed me until now.

It's dumb because even if you're a Smash Ball fanatic, you won't necessarily even get to do your FS in a match, or even in several matches if you're unlucky. What if you just want to play as ZSS? Aghh. So disappointed in this.

WHY SAKURAI WHY.

Jiggy

Jungle Japes is so dark I'm convinced that I've lost at least some of my eyesight from the few times I played it.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Jungle_Japes

Anyway, yeah, we need our Fountain of Dreams, forget this Green Greens stuff. :( (And I liked Green Greens!) I also want the orchestral Gourmet Race from Melee to return, and they kind of go hand-in-hand.

Edit: Also, I'm continuing to hold out hope that the 41 stage count only includes new stages. >_>

Wait, isn't it possible to send your USER CREATED stages to your friends via the WFC? And to be able to save them? Or you can only play the "one a day" nintendo picks and thats it?

It sucks to not be able to save the stage, what if its an AWSOME stage, and you're all like "omg my friends gotta play this level next time" but you cant save it? That blows..

Formless

VindicatorZ said:
Wait, isn't it possible to send your USER CREATED stages to your friends via the WFC? And to be able to save them? Or you can only play the "one a day" nintendo picks and thats it?

It sucks to not be able to save the stage, what if its an AWSOME stage, and you're all like "omg my friends gotta play this level next time" but you cant save it? That blows..
I'm pretty sure you can save them, but you can't play them online. Only locally.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
I want both. In fact, I also want the Dreamland 64 version, but I'm trying not to be too greedy here. >_>

Edit: Obligatory mention that I also want the GAF-famous Punch, Punch, Falcon Punch remix, but obviously that'll never happen unless we get custom soundtrack support.

I want custom soundtrack support for all my Ice Cap remixes =(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So... am I right yet? I'm checking out a Japanese Wii from work most likely, and picking up my JPN copy today/tomm... :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MarkMan said:
So... am I right yet? I'm checking out a Japanese Wii from work most likely, and picking up my JPN copy today/tomm... :D

Not yet. Still waiting for stage confirmations. 36 so far

Proven

VindicatorZ said:

From what's confirmed, you can send your own created maps to your friends and they can save them. You can't save the "one a day" maps, but you can recreate them if you like. You have a whole day to do it, and could always just pause, take a picture using the in-game picture feature, and rebuild it later.

People need to read the Dojo more.

Proven

Gunloc said:
So are people considering Toon Link and Young Link to be the same character? Do they play the same?

They don't play the same, but from what I see, Toon has more similarities to Young than Regular. Well, the only real thing I've noticed is that Toon's Up+B on the ground sucks you in like Young's did in Melee.

Someone can insert "Link" later when they quote me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Proven said:
They don't play the same, but from what I see, Toon has more similarities to Young than Regular. Well, the only real thing I've noticed is that Toon's Up+B on the ground sucks you in like Young's did in Melee.

Toon Link is Young Link...all Links save OoT adult and TP Link are Young Link

Proven said:

I see, from what I've heard so far I'm personally considering them to be two seperate characters. (In the same sense that Mario and Dr. Mario are two seperate characters.)

Proven

HK-47 said:
Toon Link is Young Link...all Links save OoT adult and TP Link are Young Link

People want a distinction between Melee and Brawl characters. I was speaking in terms of their Smash Bros characters. The game is calling him something different and giving him new moves as further distinction. I already know about the "all Links but OoT and TP Link are young Link's."

There, happy now?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Proven said:
People want a distinction between Melee and Brawl characters. I was speaking in terms of their Smash Bros characters. The game is calling him something different and giving him new moves as further distinction. I already know about the "all Links but OoT and TP Link are young Link's."

There, happy now?

Well I'm just saying Toon Link is the new avatar of the Young Links

Firestorm

Toon Link is Young Link under a new game. His moveset got the same treatment as most other characters. He's still an awesomely annoying sonuvabitch like he should be.

Too bad everyone so far sucks with him!
I must show them how it's done ^_^

Synless

HK-47 said:
sp0rsk confirmed in the japanese impressions thread that ZSS is not selectable from the menu.

Piss poor design choice
sp0rsk said in the other thread he got a message that says if you hold R while selecting her that it would work, But it still needs to be tested, because he's not sure if it's true yet.

The Doop

wow...I'm having trouble coping with having to wait any longer for this game to be in my arms! I feel a little gay for wanting a kids game so bad, but I can't help it! I guess we can all be gay together!! Thanks for the leaks!

Teknoman

The Doop said:
wow...I'm having trouble coping with having to wait any longer for this game to be in my arms! I feel a little gay for wanting a kids game so bad, but I can't help it! I guess we can all be gay together!! Thanks for the leaks!

You might wanna go back and edit that.

Firestorm

The Doop said:

You sound like a kid so it's okay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Doop said:
Wow...

Anyway, have we heard if the Castle Siege stage has real transitions instead of just a white screen?

Insaniac

Synless said:
sp0rsk said in the other thread he got a message that says if you hold R while selecting her that it would work, But it still needs to be tested, because he's not sure if it's true yet.

!!!! well what's he waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom