• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Pf, maining a pokemon trainer pokemon. EMBRACE the notion of constant switching! That's his STRENGTH! That you foes will have to adapt to fighting a new character every minute or so. That you can always switch to adjust to the needs of the situation. Lighter characters at low percentages, heavier ones as you accrue damage. Speed when you need it, power when you don't! Switch switch switch!

Maining a single pokemon. A travesty!

Linkzg said:
Ganondoft has the best final smash.

Is there another video of it? That Youtube link didn't show it. In fact I've only seen one other video of Ganondorf, have there been more?

The OP should really be updated with characters and a few videos/pics of them. That way people like me don't have to keep asking for things that have been posted. Sorry :(

Insaniac

Zek said:
Has anyone pointed out the Falco differences visible in this video?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9xKVsegWE

3:48, 4:27 and 4:30 - He throws his reflector out like a boomerang
4:58 - He does some kind of big slashing attack, dunno if it's a special or smash

He definitely has been de-cloned to some extent, I don't know Fox well enough to see if his attacks are different though.

you're right, i've never seen that slash attack before, I don't think he grabbed a beam sword... and his reflector is definitely different.

traveler

Not Wario
Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, kind of. 37-character roster for life!

Not that my username biases me in any way.

Any significance to that number for you? This is going to sound strange, but I see the number 37 everywhere. My parking space in number 37, my room number is 37, I always wake up at something-37, etc. To top it all off, my birthday is March 7. It's like the freaking numbers from Lost- it's everywhere!

Sciz

Zek said:
Isn't that his Up-Smash now? It looked like the regular upward kick was his tilt.

It was Falcon's up+A in Melee. I never could pull it off consistently because of the tap jump. :(

Proven

traveler said:
Any significance to that number for you? This is going to sound strange, but I see the number 37 everywhere. My parking space in number 37, my room number is 37, I always wake up at something-37, etc. To top it all off, my birthday is March 7. It's like the freaking numbers from Lost- it's everywhere!

...:0.

On that note, don't forget Lost's Season 4 premiere is tomorrow!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Insaniac said:
you're right, i've never seen that slash attack before, I don't think he grabbed a beam sword... and his reflector is definitely different.

Apparently he uses two blasters...dont know if that true though. Just something repeated a lot

Proven

Zek said:
Isn't that his Up-Smash now? It looked like the regular upward kick was his tilt.

No, that was his uptilt. It's the same as both Falcon and Gannon's Melee, down to the fact that it has a lag time before hitting. Now it sucks you in to make it easier to hit! (although the move's weakness before was the fact that it was so easy to interrupt)

The new UpSmash is the regular up kick (now a back kick, sorta).

I'm glad to hear about ZSS being selectable from the start. It seemed odd she was in so many screenshots, yet the smash ball is supposed to be something special.

I can definitely see PT players "specializing" in a particular Pokemon, but there's no way they'll get through a match without using their others. Which is actually okay by me, I think. Makes sure you don't forget that you're playing the TRAINER, not just a Pokemon variety pack.

Linkhero1

OliveJuice said:
They seem to have nerfed Falco down a little :(. He was one of my main too.
Aww man really? He was my main but I'm guessing they nerfed him down because of Wolf. Damn YOU WOLF! *shakes fist*

Linkhero1 said:
Aww man really? He was my main but I'm guessing they nerfed him down because of Wolf. Damn YOU WOLF! *shakes fist*
They nerfed Falco because of Falco. He was a beast in Melee. As for the music link, I think it was posted earlier in this thread, but I couldn't begin to remember where.

EDIT: nvm, looks like you got it. Awesome!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Damn, so Wolf, Fox, and Falco are all even more different than I thought.

Oooh, but Sonic is still a pretty freaking fast character. Might use him.

But Falcon and Ganondorf are still powerhouses of awesome. Snake seems to be in the same club.

SO MANY WONDERFUL CHOICES

Oh, and ZSS might actually be good too.

Proven said:
No, that was his uptilt. It's the same as both Falcon and Gannon's Melee, down to the fact that it has a lag time before hitting. Now it sucks you in to make it easier to hit! (although the move's weakness before was the fact that it was so easy to interrupt)

Makes me think about Ike's description on the dojo...

Of special importance is the fact that he is resistant to attacks for a moment right after throwing his sword. He’s not flinching?! He’s not really invincible—he still takes damage. But he won’t flinch in the slightest. This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters, so watch out!

I bet Ganon's utilt will be like thatt. Make it a bit less useless! Though I'll admit the suction property is a step in the right direction.

Also holy shit at Falco throwing his reflector. What the heck is that about? Looks awesome. :D

Proven

WastingPenguins said:
I can definitely see PT players "specializing" in a particular Pokemon, but there's no way they'll get through a match without using their others. Which is actually okay by me, I think. Makes sure you don't forget that you're playing the TRAINER, not just a Pokemon variety pack.

This is the same reason why I was pissed about the whole Zelda/Shiek thing, with everyone just using Shiek. It's like Zelda was invisible (or Linkhero1) and only mentioned when there was time to switch and use her Up+B. Nowadays I accept seeing her more as a bonus/completely different character, and the fact that Zelda has been buffed makes me feel better as well.

But now the next foray in this Down+B transformation game won't get off so easily. The switching mechanic is one of the reasons I'm excited to play was Pokemon Trainer.

layzie1989 said:
:lol :lol

the landmaster meme developed while I was gone today

found this on gamefaqs:

Fox laughed as he crushed the Smash Ball in his fist.

Power spread through him and he smiled. He flipped the switch on his com and spoke quickly, before the aura of might faded.

"Fox to Home, requesting Landmaster Backup."

The response came back, tinged with static. "Slippy here. Landmaster on the way."

Fox laughed out loud as the Landmaster descended. He climbed in and ran right over Yoshi. Then he fired the cannon at Shiek, who was blown away instantly.

"YES!" Yelled Fox as he rolled towards his last opponent; Kirby.

All of a sudden, the Landmaster ejected him and began leaving. Fox growled and pinged the Great Fox again.

"Fox to home. What's going on?"

Slippy answered. "Slippy here. Falco grabbed a Smash ball and HE requested Landmaster backup."

Fox growled in annoyance and slipped into a fighting crouch. Pikachu raised its nose in hope from where it had been curled up.

All of a sudden, there was a blast of noise from his Com.

"Fox, you moron! How did you get another Smash Ball so quickly?"

"What the hell are you talking about, Falco?"

"You just took my Landmaster! I was about to win the match!"

"I'm Landmaster-less as well," shrugged Fox.

"Then who needed it?"

A new voice cut in, different from the others. It was cold, but tinged with triumph. "This is Wolf. Thanks to your Landmaster, I have won my match! That, I believe, places me first in the standings thus far."

Fox was speechless. Falco could only say one thing...

"Damn you, Sakurai."

:lol :lol :lol

and thank neptune ZSS is selectable. It would have been obscene otherwise

DarkKyo

chiphalpmeh.jpg

Oh god, this is the only thing standing between me and Brawl right now...
SO SCARED TO INSTALL

Jiggy

traveler said:
-37 is my favorite double-digit number because it's composed of my two favorite single-digit numbers, 3 and 7
-3 is a prime number, 7 is a prime number, and 37 is a prime number
-37 is the number of Vulpix, my second favorite Pokemon
-Three 7s would appear as 777, which is the winning combination for slot machines
-3 is considered a good number by multiple communities for multiple reasons: love triangles, good things happening in threes, the Trinity
-7 is also considered a good number fairly often

I think that covers it, though there might be another random significances I've forgotten. All that said, I wouldn't have tacked a number on if not for basically every message everywhere having somebody or other who beat me to just "Jiggy." >_>

Jiggy37 said:
-37 is my favorite double-digit number because it's composed of my two favorite single-digit numbers, 3 and 7
-3 is a prime number, 7 is a prime number, and 37 is a prime number
-37 is the number of Vulpix, my second favorite Pokemon
-Three 7s would appear as 777, which is the winning combination for slot machines
-3 is considered a good number by multiple communities for multiple reasons: love triangles, good things happening in threes, the Trinity
-7 is also considered a good number fairly often

I think that covers it, though there might be another random significances I've forgotten. All that said, I wouldn't have tacked a number on if not for basically every message everywhere having somebody or other who beat me to just "Jiggy." >_>

Really? Isn't that, you know, not good?

Edit: Maybe you just like seeing people suffer :eek:

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hey, guys, remember Abysswolf? The creator of those fantastic Smash sprites?

Reading through the comments on that "Get ready to Brawl" pic, it seems that Abysswolf will soon be uploading a new version with the entire confirmed roster. :D

Jiggy

Love triangles make stories more interesting. :p Four is too crowded, two is too preordained.

Iam Canadian said:
Hey, guys, remember Abysswolf? The creator of those fantastic Smash sprites?

Reading through the comments on that "Get ready to Brawl" pic, it seems that Abysswolf will soon be uploading a new version with the entire confirmed roster. :D
Super.
http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Get-Ready-to-Update20-57207197

Too bad we probably can't use them as avatars until after the characters are confirmed on the Dojo. D:

SexConker

Banned
Dechaios said:
chiphalpmeh.jpg

Oh god, this is the only thing standing between me and Brawl right now...
SO SCARED TO INSTALL

Arrr, if that's what I think it is (pic dead), bye bye.
(Unless you imported and somehow got it already...)

I can't believe we still have more than a month to go. This is exceedingly depressing.
Seriously, internet hype has peaked. I'm not sure how much I, or this forum can take.

If Wifi works as perfectly as Sporsk and others claim, I wonder if there's any chance of seeing the date pushed up? Wasn't WFC stability the purported reason for the delay?

oh gawd, grasping at straws has begun.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Wait. There are times your computer is on, but no window is open to NeoGAF? :eek:

No, but it's nice to look at in the thirty or so seconds it takes for Windows to boot up and shut down.

Teknoman

Im still holding out hope it'll be pushed into February. Seriously, if No More Heroes can release early, then so can Smash Bros.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
civilstrife said:
I can't believe we still have more than a month to go. This is exceedingly depressing.
Seriously, internet hype has peaked. I'm not sure how much I, or this forum can take.

If Wifi works as perfectly as Sporsk and others claim, I wonder if there's any chance of seeing the date pushed up? Wasn't WFC stability the purported reason for the delay?

oh gawd, grasping at straws has begun.
No, the reason for the delay was production shortages. They couldn't even meet all their pre-orders in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom