• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

SexConker said:
Arrr, if that's what I think it is (pic dead), bye bye.
(Unless you imported and somehow got it already...)
I imported, it's coming soon hopefully(this weekend?)

I don't think you can get banned for discussing modchips, they aren't illegal

Jiggy

Teknoman said:
Im still holding out hope it'll be pushed into February. Seriously, if No More Heroes can release early, then so can Smash Bros.
Yes, yes, clearly Nintendo actually has some capability to put out some copies in Brawl, and will be doing so, but they just "officially" pushed the release date back because they could only fulfill a certain number of preorders. And this is also why they slowed down the VC releases, realizing that they would get overshadowed by Brawl for a good long while due to the earlier release. It's clear. Very clear. Brawl in February confirmed.

AHAHAHA THANK YOU VOICES YOU TELL ME about Brawl the truth THE TRUTH so logical it is THANK YOU oh voices

*gets carted off in straitjacket*

D: Need Brawl now.

Formless

Frozen Fire said:
I don't know you guys, but is anyone interested in Olimar, I loved Pikmin 2 and he looks pretty unquie. His final looks iffy though.
I am, because I liked Pikmin 2. Him and Snake look pretty unique, I wanted to play them a lot before I knew their moves were so unorthodox though.

Teknoman

Jiggy37 said:
Yes, yes, clearly Nintendo actually has some capability to put out some copies in Brawl, and will be doing so, but they just "officially" pushed the release date back because they could only fulfill a certain number of preorders. And this is also why they slowed down the VC releases, realizing that they would get overshadowed by Brawl for a good long while due to the earlier release. It's clear. Very clear. Brawl in February confirmed.

AHAHAHA THANK YOU VOICES YOU TELL ME about Brawl the truth THE TRUTH so logical it is THANK YOU oh voices

lol seriously. At first I was joining in the spoiler topics saying "Hey this is going to be alot of fun". Then I realized how far away March was.... *_*

Jiggy

Fenix said:
Some of us have to work :p
I'm not sure how many people would put up a Brawl wallpaper at work, but even if they did, they'd still have windows open to other places and wouldn't get to see the wallpaper there either. :p Except for those 30 seconds of startup that Canadian mentioned, admittedly!

Jiggy37 said:

It'll be ok, Jiggy. It's coming. Just join me in some retro gaming. A new game every day. Don't have to beat it, just play it enough so that you can get a feel for it. Yesterday was Sonic 2 and Ice Climber today is DKC and Kirby's Adventures.

careksims

civilstrife said:
I can't believe we still have more than a month to go. This is exceedingly depressing.
Seriously, internet hype has peaked. I'm not sure how much I, or this forum can take.

If Wifi works as perfectly as Sporsk and others claim, I wonder if there's any chance of seeing the date pushed up? Wasn't WFC stability the purported reason for the delay?

oh gawd, grasping at straws has begun.

Yeah I'm still wondering about that. It would ease the pain if Nintendo told us what the real problem was. At least give us the demo they're using in Japan! I would play that demo the entire month of Feb!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
crowphoenix said:
It'll be ok, Jiggy. It's coming. Just join me in some retro gaming. A new game every day. Don't have to beat it, just play it enough so that you can get a feel for it. Yesterday was Sonic 2 and Ice Climber today is DKC and Kirby's Adventures.

You know, that's actually a good idea. Going through every game represented by Brawl. A nice way to get in touch with the roots of these characters.

I like the way you think, even if you don't like Ness.

Jiggy37 said:

Oh, dear, Jiggy. You've gone from one voice in your head (your avatar's) to many. Brawl has destroyed the last vestiges of sanity within you.

Proven

Formless said:
I am, because I liked Pikmin 2. Him and Snake look pretty unique, I wanted to play them a lot before I knew their moves were so unorthodox though.

Ugh, I don't like you people. I was super excited about Olimar because of Pikmin 1 and 2, and had no interest in Snake. After seeing their playstyles, I'm even more interested in Olimar and actually interested in Snake. It's like another version of Samus to me, with more ways to perform long distant attacks. Olimar has a built in really cool projectile, and he only uses up his pikmin (as far as I can tell) when they're thrown and get knocked off, so you can go around with a near full set without worry.

As long as I can watch 20 or so new videos of matches each day, I can survive until March.

Iam Canadian said:
You know, that's actually a good idea. Going through every game represented by Brawl. A nice way to get in touch with the roots of these characters.

I like the way you think, even if you don't like Ness.

Oh, dear, Jiggy. You've gone from one voice in your head (your avatar's) to many. Brawl has destroyed the last vestiges of sanity within you.

It's not really Ness, per se. He's just my rival in Smash. I really couldn't have handled it if he was out (I rarely actually beat him when set to level 9. It's infuriating). The first thing I'll do is load up a 1v2 (as soon as I can and face off against Ness and Lucas. It will be painful)

Plus, I didn't have a SNES as a kid, I had a Genesis. And though I did hit the greats, I missed Earthbound. When it comes out on VC, I plan to fix that mistake.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
The trouble is, I've retro-gamed it all. D: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Star Fox, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Ice Climber, Mother, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Wind Waker, Sonic, Pikmin...

That only leaves the NES Metal Gear and some Game & Watch games, but unfortunately neither of those are on VC. >_>

Iam Canadian said:
Well, it would still be more than one even if it was just Evil Inner Thoughts, Colette Avatar in English, and Colette Avatar in--

*realizes he's never heard Colette's Japanese voice acting*

gottagobyesomethingimportanttolookupbye

OliveJuice said:
They seem to have nerfed Falco down a little :(. He was one of my main too.

How can you make that conclusion from one blurry, laggy video? We have no idea who is good and who isn't. We don't even know his whole moveset. Have hope. :D

But, wow, looks like the "clones" are barely clones at all. They share the same ideas (reflectors, arrows, etc.) but use them in very different ways. Hmmm, I want full movesets! Why can't someone go in training mode on Final Destination, get a Giant Mushroom (so we can see the animations better), and perform all the moves for every character (preferably without a shaking camera)? Oh wait, they are too busy playing. Bastards. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
The trouble is, I've retro-gamed it all. D: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Star Fox, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Ice Climber, Mother, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Wind Waker, Sonic, Pikmin...

That only leaves the NES Metal Gear and some Game & Watch games, but unfortunately neither of those are on VC. >_>

Well, it would still be more than one even if it was just Evil Inner Thoughts, Colette Avatar in English, and Colette Avatar in--

*kicks a dog*

Innotech

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

I would imagine that COlette sounds fucking adorable speaking japanese. Just a hunch.

Stage On

I'm disapointed that after all that effort that the developers got a little lazy at the end their with the landmaster overuse and Wolf but the rest of the game is pretty darn sweet so I won't let that one tiny thing mar the experince.

At least I have a new punching bag now xd

Insaniac

Stage On said:
I'm disapointed that after all that effort that the developers got a little lazy at the end their with the landmaster overuse and Wolf but the rest of the game is pretty darn sweet so I won't let that one tiny thing mar the experince.

At least I have a new punching bag now xd

>.> for wolf they couldl've at least used the "call in arwings" idea, calling in his team-mates to fire at his opponents

Jiggy

Ganondorf had some kind of jab, but I couldn't tell if that was his neutral A or a new forward tilt... But I lean toward the latter since it did 14% to Meta Knight. >_>

HK-47 said:
*kicks a dog*
Less than five seconds long and that was the third best scene in the game. :D

Insaniac said:
>.> for wolf they couldl've at least used the "call in arwings" idea, calling in his team-mates to fire at his opponents

I so expected Falco to be given an Arwing final smash. I expected it to sit at the edge of the screen for a few second and you just blasted away at your enemies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've had to search some rather dubious sites but its looking like Smash (legit copy too) won't work on a console with a Mod Chip, importers crushed :(

Jiggy

VOOK said:
I've had to search some rather dubious sites but its looking like Smash (legit copy too) won't work on a console with a Mod Chip, importers crushed :(
Well then, time to import a Japanese Wii as well. D:

...No. No. I must talk myself out of this.

aeolist

Banned
VOOK said:
Yeah, I've been told that it's got pretty crazy copy-protectionn.

DarkKyo

VOOK said:
A patch will be made to work around that in a few days.

Jiggy37 said:

If I remember correctly, it needs the Wii Fit update to run, which is only out in Japan.

Edit: But then that guy got it, so... I am wrong. Whelp, no help for you.

Rlan

Has anyone been compiling a list of Assist Trophies seen? From the ones I've spotted they've all been known for a while. Do you unlock new ones in missions?

Jiggy37 said:
Ganondorf had some kind of jab, but I couldn't tell if that was his neutral A or a new forward tilt... But I lean toward the latter since it did 14% to Meta Knight.

Ganon's jab has indeed changed. It's the same basic idea but a different animation and sadly, no electric shock. Ganon's ftilt is a straight kick just like it used to be.

Duderz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

Seriously, if ever there was a game that made me consider going above and beyond the means to get it, it would be this.

So unfair that we have to wait so long for this game. :(

Sigh... a Star Wolf team Final Smash would have been so awesome. Leon, Pigma, f'ing ANDREW, flying in to laser some fuckers in their suped up Wolfens. Ahhhh.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Rlan said:
Has anyone been compiling a list of Assist Trophies seen? From the ones I've spotted they've all been known for a while. Do you unlock new ones in missions?

Actually, I find it odd how few Assist Trophies I've seen in these gameplay videos at all. Off the top of my head, I can only remember seeing the Devil, Dr. Wright, and Knuckle Joe.

Rotanibor

If they insisted on cloning Wolf's FS, I think they should have just cloned Captain Falcon's FS. He jumps in his Wolfen and flys across the stage. Simple enough.

Economan

Rotanibor Eht said:
If they insisted on cloning Wolf's FS, I think they should have just cloned Captain Falcon's FS. He jumps in his Wolfen and flys across the stage. Simple enough.

They'd be cloning gannon's fs too then.

Rotanibor

Economan said:
They'd be cloning gannon's fs too then.

Is that how it works? He runs across in beast form? You can't control it like Giga Bowser?

Either way I think it would be less noticable in the end. At least it wouldn't be three of the exact same looking tank.

Linkhero1

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hey so is the roster still 35 people?

I am not going to read this whole damn thread to answer that question.
Yes 35 characters. Not including each of the PT's Pokemon individually, ZSS or Sheik

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Hey so is the roster still 35 people?

I am not going to read this whole damn thread to answer that question.

Yeah, after Wolf was unlocked I believe a notice saying every character was unlocked also showed up.

Insaniac

Linkhero1 said:
Why didn't the use the Arwing as a fs for Fox or Falco?

cause in lylat cruise / corneria, you see arwings flying around. It wouldn't make sense. Hence it would totally work for Star Wolf to summon his allies.

Linkhero1

Insaniac said:
cause in lylat cruise / corneria, you see arwings flying around. It wouldn't make sense. Hence it would totally work for Star Wolf to summon his allies.
True that you'd see arwings but does it matter? It would have been cool if they did something like this in first person view but with the arwing.

327427.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom