• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Official Thread part 4, continued from here. OP by Oichi.

4537623831_d394c54aa6_o.jpg

Welcome to the official NeoGAF Super Street Fighter 4 thread! I am your host, the fantastically scrubby Oichi, and with the help of iplaywinner.com's haunts and Raging Spaniard, we are happy to bring you a new thread to replace the official Street Fighter 4 thread, one of the most active threads on NeoGAF for the past year!

4538254038_797ee18e47_o.png

Japan: April 28th
North America: April 27th
Europe: April 30th

4538252930_ed8bbc8c68_o.png

Super Street Fighter IV is an upgraded and souped-up version of the multi-million selling Street Fighter IV, released in 2009. Here is a rundown of what is new and improved in Super Street Fighter IV!

New Characters!
4537761669_0e799b5f9c_m.jpg

Ten new characters are rendered faithfully in 3D, with some coming from previous Street Fighter games, and others who are totally new! Did we mention that every character will be selectable from the start? No more having to play through Arcade Mode just to unlock characters!

New Ultras n' More!
newmode_costume04.jpg

Every character in the game now come equipped with two selectable Ultra combos, making it even more important to know your matchups. Some Ultra combos are great against projectile characters, while others are better suited against grapplers. Knowing your character and their strengths is more important than ever! In addition, all returning characters have been tweaked and balanced to make sure that everyone has a fighting chance! Vega players, your time has finally come! Guile players... sorry! Haha.

New Bonus Stages!
4537738165_051c877892_o.jpg

Bringing back one of the most nostalgic parts of Street Fighter are the bonus stages. There are two bonus stages, Barrel Buster and Car Smasher, which appear during Arcade Mode. In Car Smasher, players must destroy a car in the allotted time, while Barrel Buster tests the player's ability to smash as many barrels as possible.

New Online Modes!
4538369560_833cb2bc89_o.jpg

Improving on the 1 on 1 rooms of Street Fighter IV, Super IV introduces a wealth of online options, including Endless Battle (aka Quarter Matches), Team Battle and more! While Ranked Matches are still 1 on 1, every other mode can handle up to 8 players in a lobby at the same time! Also new to the game is the ability to save replays and then broadcast them via the Replay Channel!

4538253802_394610bdb9_o.png

Super Street Fighter IV Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWAH6oxLtw
New Features Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGkOU0_vbI
Guy, Cody, Adon Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYtKHim-yk
Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiE6zl1g8C8
Hakan Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KqA9uPfPo
Juri, Chun-li, Cammy Animated Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUYYLJaQPw0
Super Street Fighter IV Opening Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKu4q-m-J4w

4538253928_ae4e44b9d2_o.png

4538254840_5688809bdc.jpg
4537625729_d63cb564db.jpg

4537627113_3c914c1411.jpg

Those who have preordered the game in the US will get... thumb wrestling figures.
4538309330_8ceb9e8169.jpg

European preorders will come with... an iPhone cover, t-shirt and some free DLC!
4538255540_83a64268c2.jpg

Japan preorders ship with... a special case, anime DVD (360 only), and a special DVD containing footage of all the trials done by the top Japanese players, as well as a mini-tournament.
4537668077_70607c474c_o.jpg

4538254122_2708be9630_o.png

PlayStation Official Magazine Australia: 100% -- "Amazing value for the money. This isn't so much SF5 as it is "Street Fighter 4.9". "

MEGamer: 96% -- "In a nutshell, Super Street Fighter 4 offers new characters, great gameplay, amazing value and best of all great replay value. This game is a must have. In the words of Street Fighter “A new Challenger has approached”."

Games TM: 90% -- "To put it bluntly, if you own and loved SFIV, then SSFIV is as important to your mental wellbeing as the oxygen in our atmosphere. This is the ultimate love letter from Capcom, and the perfect fuel to keep the Street Fighter passion alight. "

Official Xbox Magazine: 90% -- "Even though Super Street Fighter IV lacks the impact of its predecessor, it's still engrossing, enthralling, and plain ol' fun."

Game Informer: 90% -- "I put nearly 100 hours into IV, and I can easily see myself pumping dozens more into this update. If you haven't played IV at all, then $40 is an absolute steal for the ultimate version of the best fighting game in recent memory."

4538252056_e5f492e29e_o.png

4537668159_b718760496_o.jpg
4537667895_c86ef3c0c3_o.jpg

Mad Catz has all you need, whether you're in the market for a high quality arcade stick, or prefer a sturdy fight pad. Don't listen to the naysayers who say you need a stick! If you need to rock the fight pad, do it! You can find everything you're looking for at the Mad Catz store!

4538253032_555b5d5394_o.png

Imm0rt4l (PSN: GODHAND04)
DJ Lushious (XB: DJ Lushious)
the_log_ride (PSN: johnnypao)
n3ss (XB/PSN: n33ss)
Bankoiia (PSN: Bankoiia)
black_vegeta (XB: XblackvegetaX)
Kuugrr (XB: Kuugrr, PSN: infamouscobra)
DanDeschain (XB: Danmagz)
ZROCOOL (XB: N ii K O N 7)
Arde5643 (XB: mailarde)
Sir Garbageman (XB: Sir Garbageman)
Kintaro (PSN: Darshiro, XB: BeamCannon)
jibblypop (XB: torontoDowntown)
Stantron (XB: Stantron)
hitsugi (PSN: MashingKeys)
~Devil Trigger~ (PSN: Cydonian)
Teknopathetic (PSN: MoodyShuffle)
BotoxAgent (XB/PSN: Jenova777)
Kyouji (PSN: Pak38)
NinaJHeartless (XB: General Convo)
Iron E Man (XB: Ra1d3nmgs)
jon bones (XB: cool calm jon)
Aljosa (XB: Al7o5a)
Spy (PSN: Neverendin)
MrMephistoX (XB/PSN: MrMephistoX)
gutter_trash (PSN: JeRkY, XB: philishave)
kiryogi (PSN: kiryogi)
Relix (XB: Lord Relix)
keit4 (XB: keimik4ze)
drohne (XB: drohne)
AkumaHokoru (XB: AkumaHokoru)
Nose Master (XB: Licorice King)
lucenttto (XB: lucenttto)
Grifter (XB: grifter 181)
Axelhortsemchi (XB: Axelhortsemchi)
Lyte Edge (XB: lyte edge, PSN: lyteedge)
The Visualizer (XB: The Visualizer)
bob_arctor (XB: illegalwiretap)
Killa Sasa (PSN: Killasasa, XB: KillaBMike)
captmcblack (XB: xerograv11, PSN: captmcblack)
Dachande (PSN: Dache)
Wiseblade (XB: Wiseblade)
vesp (XB: Vesp)
God's Beard (XB: Gods Beard)
Raging Spaniard (PSN: Xavipants XB: Jigglyxavi)
jman2050 (XB/PSN: jman2050)
TurtleSnatcher (XB: MINI Pez)
alba (PSN: alba17)
eva01 (XB: eva01)
TaKeRx (XB: STi xTaKeRx)
KnuckaWut (XB/PSN: KnuckaWut)

PC:
PC: MrYo74
PC: Kadey1up
PC: ipitydatfu
PC: solidgear1991
PC: bs000
PC: r3dS1X

4538255964_d4292842ea_o.png

Please refer to the original Street Fighter 4 thread, as the overall system has not changed for Super. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350974

4538251860_ab50f7c1d7_o.png

Overachiever - 0
Attain all the Achievements! The path of the warrior demands this from those who walk on it!
Fashion Plate - 10
Even a top rate fighter needs to coordinate properly! You gotta get all of the Colors first!
Dan the Man - 10
Mastery of the Saikyo arts requires mastery of the Personal Action! Collect 'em all, punk!
Entitled - 50
A Title does not tell all of a man, sir, but if I were to see one Title, I'd want them all...
Iconoclast - 50
Oh my gosh, those Icons are so adorable! I gotta find Don-chan and catch 'em all!
Special Movement - 10
Do a Special Move 100 times! If you're a true student of the Rindo-kan dojo, it's your duty!
EXtra! EXtra! - 10
Battle requires courage! Train by using your EX Gauge to successfully land 100 EX Moves!
Super, Man! - 10
To battle is to win a fight with overwhelming strength! Show me you can do 100 Super Combos!
Ultra, Man! - 10
If yer gonna fight, give it your all, pal. Performing 100 Ultra Combos oughta do it, eh?
It Takes Focus - 10
Your mission, should you wish to join Delta Red, is to connect with 100 Focus Attacks!
Superior Super - 10
Trust your instincts and winning will come easy. Let's begin with 50 Super Combo finishes!
Ultimate Ultra - 10
Candy always says you gotta win with style, so go out there and perform 50 Ultra Combo finishes!
Sunspotter - 10
Amigo, perform 365 Super or Ultra Combo finishes against your opponents! The dawn is coming!
Absolute Perfection - 20
Lauren's waiting, so how about you finish your fights quickly and get 30 Perfects. Sound good?
Clear Headed - 10
Hey! Got time to kill? Try to clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher! That's all you gotta do!
All Clear - 10
To get strong takes lots of fighting! Clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher with all characters!
Herculean Effort - 10
Can you finish Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue? Show me you can!
Hard Times - 20
To escape death is to beat the strongest of the strong. Finish Arcade Mode on Hardest, kid!
Long Time No See - 50
Do you wish for defeat? If so, complete Arcade Mode on Hardest difficulty and beat Gouken!
Rival Schooled - 20
See your future by clearing every Rival Battle on Medium or higher with every character.
Speed Freak - 30
Finish each round in Arcade Mode on Medium or higher in 20 seconds or less. Too easy.
Good Start - 10
All of nature must withstand a trial. You must clear 10 trials in Trial Mode to succeed.
Trail of Trials - 20
There is no shortcut in the art of Yoga. Aim to clear any character's Trial Mode trials!
Trial Athlete - 50
I shall assimilate all and be all-powerful! Clear all Trial Mode challenges, and so can you!
Oh! My Car! - 10
Hee hee, destruction is so much fun! Score 80,000 points or more in the Car Crusher bonus stage!
Barrel of Laughs - 10
No need for barrels without oil! Score 110,000 points or more in the Barrel Buster bonus stage!
It Begins - 10
The fight starts here! Set your Title and Icon, and begin fighting on Xbox Live!
First Timer - 10
I'll never forget my first time for Ryu's sake! Win one Ranked Match! Gotta aim for the top!
Threepeat - 20
You think being this good is easy? Let's see you win 3 Ranked Matches in a row, champ!
Fivepeat - 30
This is your real power, child? Show me it's not luck by winning 5 Ranked Matches in a row!
Tenpeat - 50
Don't hold back your true potential! Win 10 Ranked Matches in a row!
Moving On Up - 10
Ya need to do anything to reach the top of the food chain! Let's see a Rank Up via Ranked Match!
Now You C Me... - 20
I wrestle only the strong! You shall rank up to C Rank if you wanna face me, comrade!
From C to Shining C - 50
You think you're good, don't you? Prove it by ranking up all characters to C Rank!
Road to Victory - 10
You wanna get that fight money? You're gonna have to win 10 Xbox LIVE matches first, sucka!
Battle Master - 20
Only winners can attain such beauty. Win 30 Xbox LIVE matches and I may share my beauty secrets.
Legendary Fighter - 50
I shall make you the right hand of Shadaloo if you can win 100 Xbox LIVE matches!
Worldly Warrior - 10
Let's do this, amigo! Fight 50 Xbox LIVE matches, because that's the only way to become strong!
Bring it on! - 20
No comrade, this will not do! We must become stronger, for our fans! Fight 100 Xbox LIVE matches!
This is Madness! - 50
Fighting is fun, huh? Well then, let's aim for 300 Xbox LIVE matches fought, OK buddy?
Team Player - 10
A 1-on-1 fight is fun, but it's more fun with friends! Try fighting in a Team Battle!
Team Mate - 10
Win 1 Team Battle match, and you will learn that teamwork can help you become stronger!
Teamworker - 30
A pro can win with any team. Win 10 Team Battles but don't forget, you have to win too!
Keep on Truckin' - 10
If you want to focus on nothing but the fight, entering an Endless Battle is for you!
Three For The Road - 20
In the pursuit of strength, one must have a goal! In Endless Battle win 3 matches in a row.
Endless Ten - 50
Throw away your fears and focus on the fight! Win 10 fights in a row in Endless Battle!
Replayer - 10
Watch 30 Replays via the Replay Channel! Isn't it fun watching people go at it tooth and nail!?
Endless Lobbyist - 10
It's only natural for warriors to seek fights! Create 30 Endless Battle lobbies!
Team Lobbyist - 10
Hey mon, battlin' is fun, no? Go out and create 30 Team Battle lobbies and enjoy the rhythm!
Quarter Up - 10
Fight 30 opponents via Arcade Fight Request. It'd be easy with the right bait, he he.

Fugu

Kimosabae said:
Daigo Whomehara.
Damn. Came here to post this.

I think I'm going to finally put some serious effort into this game. I am really turned off by the fact that Chun-Li is a charge character, though.

Speaking of this Whomehara guy, I said hi to him at the airport as he was leaving Vegas. I missed the last night of Evo so I didn't know what happened. Felt bad man.

Kimosabae

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Wow, Kimosabae's incredibly petty. Don't bring last thread's crap in this one on the very first post.

Are you serious? That was completely tongue-in-cheek, dude.

"Viper wins"?

2th

Banned
biosnake20 said:
Halo Reach is the only game thats got us beat

but you are in Community now... the Ponies will win!

also just recently got back into fighting games... mad catz really makes decent products now?

2th said:
but you are in Community now... the Ponies will win!

also just recently got back into fighting games... mad catz really makes decent products now?
With only one OT? I say "neigh" at your assertion.

And yes, Mad Catz makes fantastic products.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, "Daigo who".

Speaking of which, is there any particular reason why he switched to Yun? Daigo's too good to just tier whore (or is he?)

notworksafe

MIMIC said:
LOL, "Daigo who".

Speaking of which, is there any particular reason why he switched to Yun? Daigo's too good to just tier whore (or is he?)
Yun's got every tool, basically. More than Ryu anyway.

biosnake20 said:
Halo Reach is the only game thats got us beat
Well, SSF4 |OT| (the first one) had over 27k posts, as it was around before the 20k limit

And let's not forget the gargantuan Vanilla thread with 58k posts!

2th

Banned
Professor Beef said:
With only one OT? I say "neigh" at your assertion.

And yes, Mad Catz makes fantastic products.

since when? they have always been shoddy cheap products for years. when did they make ANYTHING that was quality?

oh and Ponies are on OT2 :p

Axis

i loved the "mash ex seismo, almost win evo" title that was suggested...i totally hoped for that one :(

Nori Chan

Well, I might as well put my GT up. I usually main Juri and Ken (I just picked him up from Vanilla since I don't want to be one character with Juri). I'm definitely new to the game, but I'm willing to be a practice dummy for anyone :D

GT: xGeneral Ice

Edgeward

Degen said:
Topic post desperately needs updates

Especially the psn id/gamertag list so filled with people I don't see anymore.

In SF news, twitch.tv / j.tv is gonna sponsor the east coast SBO quals that team Sp00ky is doing

http://blog.twitch.tv/2011/08/03/twitchtv-announces-1000-sponsorship-of-sbo-qualifier/

Throwing in 1000 into the pot. Great to see the FGC continue to flourish after EVO. I really hope it continues to blow up. Because people like Spooky and MarkMan deserve to see it for all the hard work they do.

2th said:
since when? they have always been shoddy cheap products for years. when did they make ANYTHING that was quality?

When SF4 came out and they teamed with MadCatz to make high quality sticks. Everyone was skeptical at first of course, but they have really turned it around and have become integral to the fighting game scene always giving back and helping put up prizes for donation drives and tournaments.

2th said:

Since Vanilla was released, actually. People were wary (with good reason), but then people actually bought the sticks and there has been nothing but good things said about them.

And OT2? You have some catching up to do. ;P

Satyamdas

Banned
2th said:

Since Mark muthafuckin Man bulldogged his way in and took over that company and kicked some sense into whoever was running it, that's since when.

Learn about it, brony. >:|

McNum

I've been thinking of starting up some fighting game playing again, too. Yes, it's post-EVO fever, but I can't find out what game I'd like to try again. One the one hand, there's Marvel, sorry... "MAHVEL!", which I'm rubbish at. Pretty colors, though, and awesome cast of characters, but I'm not that good at long combos. On the other hand there's this game, where I did upgrade to AE, but never really got around to play online. I'm not good at Street Fighter either, but at least I feel like I know what I'm doing.

I used to play Sakura online, not a great one mind you, but newbie-good, I'd say. And Zangief, which amused me since people would run in terror from him. Got my first win by basically bullying an Akuma into jumping backwards whenever Zangief so much as moved. Plus the whole "ton of HP" aspect was awesome. I did learn a very valuable thing from playing Zangief, how to play a throw game. Some of my Sakura wins came from that, because no-one expects her to just walk up and throw you.

Anyway, my point being that if I start up again, I'm wondering what character I should try. I know both of these characters got some good changes, but I'm not quite sure if I should pick up a new character instead. Makoto seems interesting, but also really difficult to get decent with. I might want to try a defensive character, too, but Guile doesn't really interest me much. Got a good suggestion there?

Also, about MadCatz, you pretty much have two options.

1. You can get any of the TE Arcade Sticks. They're all made with quality Sanwa parts, and are the stick of choice at EVO, basically.
2. You can get an SE Arcade Stick. These are made with knockoff parts and are not as good quality as the TE. They're also cheaper and good if you just want to try an arcade stick out. They're also pretty easy to mod into quality parts later, like I did with mine.

So yes, MadCatz Arcade Stick are GOOD. They're the community standard with the TE sticks, and you know how picky the fighting game community can be, yet they all pretty much agree on the TE stick.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, I wanted the tagline to be Super Yun Fighter 4: Chinese Dominate Edition. :/

itwasTuesday said:
I remember my og TE came with a broken mic connector holder thing for the headset. Don't need it though.
My TE shipped with a dead PCB. Had to send it back and it took Madcatz one month to send me a new one. Not a good look.

Nori Chan

Bee Tee Double U

Will there be WNF tonight? I remember hearing they were going to take a break, but I need my fix after evo lol

MIMIC

Banned
OMG, I just beat a Yun's ass. He quits, come back, mashes the shit out of every one of Yun's moves to destroy me.

Ugh.

MIMIC said:
LOL, "Daigo who".

I think he did soley to get revenge on sim plyers, lol

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
MIMIC said:
LOL, "Daigo who".

I think Seth Killian flat-out said that's what Daigo told him. He intentionally picked Yun to win.

I wonder if he'll be trash talking as much before EVO 2012 as he did this year?

MIMIC said:
LOL, "Daigo who".

In ST, SFA3, GGXX, and 3S, I've only see Daigo play top tier.
Why should AE be any different?

Imm0rt4l

MIMIC said:
LOL, "Daigo who".

Ryu got nerfed, he said he was always interested in Yun in sf3 but he doesn't like 3s so never put effort into learning him. He also said that, he sorta fits the style in which he used to play when he was younger which was very aggressive. Also he thinks fireball characters are basically no good in this game. He went something like 2-25 against kazunokos yun(daigo was using ryu).

_dementia said:
In ST, SFA3, GGXX, and 3S, I've only see Daigo play top tier.
Why should AE be any different?
I don't know how much the rest of you know about fighting game culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you beat someone with Yun over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fighting game community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to use Yun, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ono has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ono, publicly apologize and balance SSFIV:AE or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Too much?

rivals

Axis said:
i loved the "mash ex seismo, almost win evo" title that was suggested...i totally hoped for that one :(

This was my vote as well.

DjangoReinhardt said:
I think Seth Killian flat-out said that's what Daigo told him. He intentionally picked Yun to win.

I wonder if he'll be trash talking as much before EVO 2012 as he did this year?

I either read an interview with Daigo or Seth said that Daigo picked Yun because people in Japan had been talking shit or something so he basically said "Okay, now I'm going to pick the best character and see if you can beat me". Something along those lines. Also everything Immort4l said.

Edit: I need to be more active in this thread.

Top Bottom