• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
4537623831_d394c54aa6_o.jpg

Welcome to the official NeoGAF Super Street Fighter 4 thread! I am your host, the fantastically scrubby Oichi, and with the help of iplaywinner.com's haunts and Raging Spaniard, we are happy to bring you a new thread to replace the official Street Fighter 4 thread, one of the most active threads on NeoGAF for the past year!

4538254038_797ee18e47_o.png

Japan: April 28th
North America: April 27th
Europe: April 30th

4538252930_ed8bbc8c68_o.png

Super Street Fighter IV is an upgraded and souped-up version of the multi-million selling Street Fighter IV, released in 2009. Here is a rundown of what is new and improved in Super Street Fighter IV!

New Characters!
4537761669_0e799b5f9c_m.jpg

Ten new characters are rendered faithfully in 3D, with some coming from previous Street Fighter games, and others who are totally new! Did we mention that every character will be selectable from the start? No more having to play through Arcade Mode just to unlock characters!

New Ultras n' More!
newmode_costume04.jpg

Every character in the game now come equipped with two selectable Ultra combos, making it even more important to know your matchups. Some Ultra combos are great against projectile characters, while others are better suited against grapplers. Knowing your character and their strengths is more important than ever! In addition, all returning characters have been tweaked and balanced to make sure that everyone has a fighting chance! Vega players, your time has finally come! Guile players... sorry! Haha.

New Bonus Stages!
4537738165_051c877892_o.jpg

Bringing back one of the most nostalgic parts of Street Fighter are the bonus stages. There are two bonus stages, Barrel Buster and Car Smasher, which appear during Arcade Mode. In Car Smasher, players must destroy a car in the allotted time, while Barrel Buster tests the player's ability to smash as many barrels as possible.

New Online Modes!
4538369560_833cb2bc89_o.jpg

Improving on the 1 on 1 rooms of Street Fighter IV, Super IV introduces a wealth of online options, including Endless Battle (aka Quarter Matches), Team Battle and more! While Ranked Matches are still 1 on 1, every other mode can handle up to 8 players in a lobby at the same time! Also new to the game is the ability to save replays and then broadcast them via the Replay Channel!

4538253802_394610bdb9_o.png

Super Street Fighter IV Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWAH6oxLtw
New Features Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGkOU0_vbI
Guy, Cody, Adon Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYtKHim-yk
Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiE6zl1g8C8
Hakan Debut Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KqA9uPfPo
Juri, Chun-li, Cammy Animated Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUYYLJaQPw0
Super Street Fighter IV Opening Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKu4q-m-J4w

4538253928_ae4e44b9d2_o.png

4538254840_5688809bdc.jpg
4537625729_d63cb564db.jpg

4537627113_3c914c1411.jpg

Those who have preordered the game in the US will get... thumb wrestling figures.
4538309330_8ceb9e8169.jpg

European preorders will come with... an iPhone cover, t-shirt and some free DLC!
4538255540_83a64268c2.jpg

Japan preorders ship with... a special case, anime DVD (360 only), and a special DVD containing footage of all the trials done by the top Japanese players, as well as a mini-tournament.
4537668077_70607c474c_o.jpg

4538254122_2708be9630_o.png

PlayStation Official Magazine Australia: 100% -- "Amazing value for the money. This isn't so much SF5 as it is "Street Fighter 4.9". "

MEGamer: 96% -- "In a nutshell, Super Street Fighter 4 offers new characters, great gameplay, amazing value and best of all great replay value. This game is a must have. In the words of Street Fighter “A new Challenger has approached”."

Games TM: 90% -- "To put it bluntly, if you own and loved SFIV, then SSFIV is as important to your mental wellbeing as the oxygen in our atmosphere. This is the ultimate love letter from Capcom, and the perfect fuel to keep the Street Fighter passion alight. "

Official Xbox Magazine: 90% -- "Even though Super Street Fighter IV lacks the impact of its predecessor, it's still engrossing, enthralling, and plain ol' fun."

Game Informer: 90% -- "I put nearly 100 hours into IV, and I can easily see myself pumping dozens more into this update. If you haven't played IV at all, then $40 is an absolute steal for the ultimate version of the best fighting game in recent memory."

4538252056_e5f492e29e_o.png

4537668159_b718760496_o.jpg
4537667895_c86ef3c0c3_o.jpg

Mad Catz has all you need, whether you're in the market for a high quality arcade stick, or prefer a sturdy fight pad. Don't listen to the naysayers who say you need a stick! If you need to rock the fight pad, do it! You can find everything you're looking for at the Mad Catz store!

4538253032_555b5d5394_o.png

Imm0rt4l (PSN: GODHAND04)
DJ Lushious (XB: DJ Lushious)
the_log_ride (PSN: johnnypao)
n3ss (XB/PSN: n33ss)
Bankoiia (PSN: Bankoiia)
black_vegeta (XB: XblackvegetaX)
Kuugrr (XB: Kuugrr, PSN: infamouscobra)
DanDeschain (XB: Danmagz)
ZROCOOL (XB: N ii K O N 7)
Arde5643 (XB: mailarde)
Sir Garbageman (XB: Sir Garbageman)
Kintaro (PSN: Darshiro, XB: BeamCannon)
jibblypop (XB: torontoDowntown)
Stantron (XB: Stantron)
hitsugi (PSN: MashingKeys)
~Devil Trigger~ (PSN: Cydonian)
Teknopathetic (PSN: MoodyShuffle)
BotoxAgent (XB/PSN: Jenova777)
Kyouji (PSN: Pak38)
NinaJHeartless (XB: General Convo)
Iron E Man (XB: Ra1d3nmgs)
jon bones (XB: cool calm jon)
Aljosa (XB: Al7o5a)
Spy (PSN: Neverendin)
MrMephistoX (XB/PSN: MrMephistoX)
gutter_trash (PSN: JeRkY, XB: philishave)
kiryogi (PSN: kiryogi)
Relix (XB: Lord Relix)
keit4 (XB: keimik4ze)
drohne (XB: drohne)
AkumaHokoru (XB: AkumaHokoru)
Nose Master (XB: Licorice King)
lucenttto (XB: lucenttto)
Grifter (XB: grifter 181)
Axelhortsemchi (XB: Axelhortsemchi)
Lyte Edge (XB: lyte edge, PSN: lyteedge)
The Visualizer (XB: The Visualizer)
bob_arctor (XB: illegalwiretap)
Killa Sasa (PSN: Killasasa, XB: KillaBMike)
captmcblack (XB: xerograv11, PSN: captmcblack)
Dachande (PSN: Dache)
Wiseblade (XB: Wiseblade)
vesp (XB: Vesp)
God's Beard (XB: Gods Beard)
Raging Spaniard (PSN: Xavipants XB: Jigglyxavi)
jman2050 (XB/PSN: jman2050)
TurtleSnatcher (XB: MINI Pez)
alba (PSN: alba17)
eva01 (XB: eva01)
TaKeRx (XB: STi xTaKeRx)
KnuckaWut (XB/PSN: KnuckaWut)

4538255964_d4292842ea_o.png

Please refer to the original Street Fighter 4 thread, as the overall system has not changed for Super. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350974

4538251860_ab50f7c1d7_o.png

Overachiever - 0
Attain all the Achievements! The path of the warrior demands this from those who walk on it!
Fashion Plate - 10
Even a top rate fighter needs to coordinate properly! You gotta get all of the Colors first!
Dan the Man - 10
Mastery of the Saikyo arts requires mastery of the Personal Action! Collect 'em all, punk!
Entitled - 50
A Title does not tell all of a man, sir, but if I were to see one Title, I'd want them all...
Iconoclast - 50
Oh my gosh, those Icons are so adorable! I gotta find Don-chan and catch 'em all!
Special Movement - 10
Do a Special Move 100 times! If you're a true student of the Rindo-kan dojo, it's your duty!
EXtra! EXtra! - 10
Battle requires courage! Train by using your EX Gauge to successfully land 100 EX Moves!
Super, Man! - 10
To battle is to win a fight with overwhelming strength! Show me you can do 100 Super Combos!
Ultra, Man! - 10
If yer gonna fight, give it your all, pal. Performing 100 Ultra Combos oughta do it, eh?
It Takes Focus - 10
Your mission, should you wish to join Delta Red, is to connect with 100 Focus Attacks!
Superior Super - 10
Trust your instincts and winning will come easy. Let's begin with 50 Super Combo finishes!
Ultimate Ultra - 10
Candy always says you gotta win with style, so go out there and perform 50 Ultra Combo finishes!
Sunspotter - 10
Amigo, perform 365 Super or Ultra Combo finishes against your opponents! The dawn is coming!
Absolute Perfection - 20
Lauren's waiting, so how about you finish your fights quickly and get 30 Perfects. Sound good?
Clear Headed - 10
Hey! Got time to kill? Try to clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher! That's all you gotta do!
All Clear - 10
To get strong takes lots of fighting! Clear Arcade Mode on Medium or higher with all characters!
Herculean Effort - 10
Can you finish Arcade Mode on Medium or higher without using a continue? Show me you can!
Hard Times - 20
To escape death is to beat the strongest of the strong. Finish Arcade Mode on Hardest, kid!
Long Time No See - 50
Do you wish for defeat? If so, complete Arcade Mode on Hardest difficulty and beat Gouken!
Rival Schooled - 20
See your future by clearing every Rival Battle on Medium or higher with every character.
Speed Freak - 30
Finish each round in Arcade Mode on Medium or higher in 20 seconds or less. Too easy.
Good Start - 10
All of nature must withstand a trial. You must clear 10 trials in Trial Mode to succeed.
Trail of Trials - 20
There is no shortcut in the art of Yoga. Aim to clear any character's Trial Mode trials!
Trial Athlete - 50
I shall assimilate all and be all-powerful! Clear all Trial Mode challenges, and so can you!
Oh! My Car! - 10
Hee hee, destruction is so much fun! Score 80,000 points or more in the Car Crusher bonus stage!
Barrel of Laughs - 10
No need for barrels without oil! Score 110,000 points or more in the Barrel Buster bonus stage!
It Begins - 10
The fight starts here! Set your Title and Icon, and begin fighting on Xbox Live!
First Timer - 10
I'll never forget my first time for Ryu's sake! Win one Ranked Match! Gotta aim for the top!
Threepeat - 20
You think being this good is easy? Let's see you win 3 Ranked Matches in a row, champ!
Fivepeat - 30
This is your real power, child? Show me it's not luck by winning 5 Ranked Matches in a row!
Tenpeat - 50
Don't hold back your true potential! Win 10 Ranked Matches in a row!
Moving On Up - 10
Ya need to do anything to reach the top of the food chain! Let's see a Rank Up via Ranked Match!
Now You C Me... - 20
I wrestle only the strong! You shall rank up to C Rank if you wanna face me, comrade!
From C to Shining C - 50
You think you're good, don't you? Prove it by ranking up all characters to C Rank!
Road to Victory - 10
You wanna get that fight money? You're gonna have to win 10 Xbox LIVE matches first, sucka!
Battle Master - 20
Only winners can attain such beauty. Win 30 Xbox LIVE matches and I may share my beauty secrets.
Legendary Fighter - 50
I shall make you the right hand of Shadaloo if you can win 100 Xbox LIVE matches!
Worldly Warrior - 10
Let's do this, amigo! Fight 50 Xbox LIVE matches, because that's the only way to become strong!
Bring it on! - 20
No comrade, this will not do! We must become stronger, for our fans! Fight 100 Xbox LIVE matches!
This is Madness! - 50
Fighting is fun, huh? Well then, let's aim for 300 Xbox LIVE matches fought, OK buddy?
Team Player - 10
A 1-on-1 fight is fun, but it's more fun with friends! Try fighting in a Team Battle!
Team Mate - 10
Win 1 Team Battle match, and you will learn that teamwork can help you become stronger!
Teamworker - 30
A pro can win with any team. Win 10 Team Battles but don't forget, you have to win too!
Keep on Truckin' - 10
If you want to focus on nothing but the fight, entering an Endless Battle is for you!
Three For The Road - 20
In the pursuit of strength, one must have a goal! In Endless Battle win 3 matches in a row.
Endless Ten - 50
Throw away your fears and focus on the fight! Win 10 fights in a row in Endless Battle!
Replayer - 10
Watch 30 Replays via the Replay Channel! Isn't it fun watching people go at it tooth and nail!?
Endless Lobbyist - 10
It's only natural for warriors to seek fights! Create 30 Endless Battle lobbies!
Team Lobbyist - 10
Hey mon, battlin' is fun, no? Go out and create 30 Team Battle lobbies and enjoy the rhythm!
Quarter Up - 10
Fight 30 opponents via Arcade Fight Request. It'd be easy with the right bait, he he.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
4538252490_1410e8f4c5_o.png

4537749929_ed00a6f726_o.png
4538256046_6de4b23cc4_o.png

This gigantic but kind-hearted warrior fights to regain his land from Shadaloo and to protect his tribe. He is kind and respectful of nature. In Super Street Fighter IV, he is searching for his girlfriend Julia, who was kidnapped by Shadaloo.

Nationality: Mexico
Birthdate: 7/21
Height: 230cm
Weight: 162kg
Measurements: B114/W98/H112
Blood Type: O
Dislikes: Lies
Skill: Wood carving, communicating with hawks

4538378176_73a9ca1d63_o.png
4537624177_f4c025011f_o.png

Dee Jay moonlights as a musician, releasing super popular albums inbetween kickboxing. He's a cheerful fighter and is always smiling, even when shot out of the ass of Hakan. He learns of Seth's evil plans with the tournament and decides to enter himself.

Nationality: Jamaica
Birthdate: 10/31
Height: 184cm
Weight: 92kg
Measurements: B130/W89/H94
Blood Type: AB
Dislikes: Quiet
Job: Musician/Kickboxer
Fighting Technique: Kickboxing

4537749537_02e33f5b45_o.png
4537624515_7c8f3f7f49_o.png

A stoic and serious-minded ninja, he is the 39th heir to the Bushinryu legacy. Learning of S.I.N.'s plans to take over the world, as a Bushinryu warrior, he appears once again to thwart evil.

Nationality: USA
Birthdate: August 21
Height: 179cm
Weight: 72kg
Measurements: B108/W77/H82
Dislikes: Foreign language
Skills: Running (100m in 10.02 seconds), bonsai cultivation, wall jumping
Fighting Technique: Bushinryu

4538378090_8f0f4e7a01_o.png
4537624007_4df8238894_o.png

Once hearalded as the hero of Metro City, Cody became bored with the quiet life and continued to fight, eventually landing him in jail. Deciding that jail life was even more boring, he escaped and has wandered off in search of... a fight.

Nationality: USA
Birthdate: April 18
Height: 185cm
Weight: 80kg
Measurements: B139 W86 H97
Dislikes: Lectures
Skills: Using a knife
Fighting Technique: Martial Arts

4537749115_4e1a0c59e6_o.png
4538251930_e76bfd3300_o.png

Adon was once the best student Sagat ever taught, but after the latter's defeat at the hands of Ryu, Adon feels that Sagat has shamed the name of Muay Thai. He now seeks to claim the throne as the King of Muay Thai from Sagat, and thus has entered the tournament.

Nationality: Thailand
Height: 182cm
Weight: 73kg
Measurements: B112/W80/H85
Bloodtype: B
Dislikes: Sagat, those who only talk trash
Skills: Wai Khru (Muay Thai ritual dance)
Fighting Technique: Muay Thai

4537749631_fe60180bca_o.jpg
4538253254_0b31a9cb02_o.png

Ibuki was raised in a small mountain village, and has been trained to become a ninja, but at heart she's really just a teenaged girl. In search of that special someone, she decides to leave the village, all for the pursuit of love.

Nationality: Japan
Birthdate: 12/6
Height: 162cm
Weight: 46kg
Measurements: B95/W57/H90
Blood Type: A
Dislikes: Supplementary lessons
Skills: Eating fast
Technique: Ninjutsu

4538378684_b10b3a18d7_o.jpg
4537624769_35b05b2903_o.png

Although still a young girl, Makoto is hot-tempered and fiercly powerful. She is a country girl raised in the Tosa region of Japan, and her family runs a dojo called the Rindokan. However, her dojo has fallen on hard times as of late, and determined to bring back glory to her dojo, she sets out to fight the very best around the world.

Nationality:Japan
Birthdate: 7/1
Height: 160cm
Weight: 50kg
Measurements: B80/W61/H87
Blood Type: B
Dislikes: Red ginger
Skills: Weekend carpenter
Fighting Technique: Rindokan Karate

4538378278_7f8a3387f0.jpg
4537624257_f497b79f31_o.png

A world class boxer who is in a class of his own. He tends to his garden and is always seen with a rose. He has received an invitation to the tournament and thus decides to enter.

Nationality: England
Birthdate: 1/27
Height: 185cm
Weight: 101kg
Measurements: B160/W90/H100
Blood Type: B
Dislikes: Impolite people
Skills: Critic of pottery
Fighting Technique: Boxing

4537749715_c121433911_o.png
4538253318_3cc4f06b55_o.png

Juri enters the tournament as the right-hand of Seth, and works under the codename SPIDER within S.I.N. She enjoys inflicting pain on her enemies and takes great pleasure in the fight. Her left eye has a special optical system installed, allowing her to unleash unfathomable power when she needs it. However, what are her real intentions...?

Nationality: Korea
Birthdate: 1/1
Height: 165cm
Weight: 46kg
Measurements: B83/W56/H85
Blood Type: AB
Dislikes: Excited bad guys, rules
Skills: Does not forget directions after the first time through.
Fighting Technique: Tae-kwon-do

4537761669_eeb1119f27_o.jpg
4538253180_8e5791fdeb_o.png

A Turkish hero who is both the president of the world's leading cooking oil company, but also a champion Yagli Gures oil wrestler. Now, he's traveling the world in search of oil for both business and pleasure. He is also the only reason you should buy Super Street Fighter IV.

Nationality: Turkey
Birthdate: 11/13
Height: 190cm
Weight:110kg
Measurements: B172/W160/H165
Dislikes: Tabacco, Fire
Skills:Enka (traditional Japanese song)
Fighting Technique: Turkish Oil Wrestling / Yagli Gures

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hell yeah!!!!!

I love you guys! GET HYPEEEEE !!!!!

Great OP guys!
* Subcscribes *

h3ro

HYPED! Great thread.

Raging Spaniard, any way we could get a super hi-res version of the THawk/Guy art?

I used your Guile/Abel art for a long time as my wall and I'd like to use that piece as well. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandaman said:
you forgot that Juri likes big boobs.
I demand this!!!

Also : Ha Ha Ha Ha Bingo! Ha Ha

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
PS3? Ready! New 360? Ready! Ready to die so much and then die some more? God damned right.

I'm hype. We need a new thread for Gamertags/PSN handles. Should we post in here or in onlin thread? My new GT needs friends.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I own the german/austrian PAL-Version of SFIV, and bought all the DLC for it on the austrian PSN-store - now, is it safe to buy the UK-PAL, regarding the DLC? I know that the costumes from the US-store weren't compatible to the version I own. And what bonus in SSFIV do the people that bought the previous DLC get anyway?

HYPEEEEEEE

I kinda fell to the wayside in previous Street Fighter IV-related threads, but I'm gonna stick around here and defend Blanka until the casket drops.

...which is apparently soon, since everyone hates him. :lol

Anyway, I got my custom Fightstick SEs ready for PS3 (full Seimitsu) and 360 (full Sanwa). I got my preorder ready for both consoles.

Let's get it on.

Clown_im_OP said:
I own the german/austrian PAL-Version of SFIV, and bought all the DLC for it on the austrian PSN-store - now, is it safe to buy the UK-PAL, regarding the DLC? I know that the costumes from the US-store weren't compatible to the version I own. And what bonus in SSFIV do the people that bought the previous DLC get anyway?

i can't give any guarantees, but i'm pretty sure there is only one regioncode of DLC in the PAL stores.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
<3 I would like to take this opportunity with my first post in this thread to flirt with both Oichi and Kadey.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom