• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrian

I've mentally blocked any Street Fighter / Tekken noise to rejoice in the glory that is III 3rd Strike online.

micrometaru.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
From a fighting game fan community that always pines for things like Fighter's Megamix, I say: BRING IT. Tekken vs Street Fighter?

Funnest news I've heard all year!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was eating so I didn't bother to type, but I was following everything from the start - man I love Ono, plus he loves Blanka like I do, so we got a lot in common... :lol

So it's true - Street Fighter x Tekken - I'm curious to see how that's gonna happen, but either way, the only other huge fighting collaboration has actually happened; first Capcom vs. SNK, and now Street Fighter x Tekken...

And I knew that if Capcom were in the least bit smart, they would have put 3rd Strike online - it's free money really.

hitsugi

SF x Tekken.. yeah.

Hey cool info on the 2 new SSF4 chars btw. Thanks Ono. I'm not donating another $5 for costumes either D:

So no word on the new SSFIV characters? :(

Third Strike Online and SF x Tekken is cool, but I don't feel joyful about those right now because the lack of announcements on the new characters sucked my joy away. :(

DRE Fei

So, the rumor of two games actually turned out to be true. One game with the SF4 engine and another with the Tekken engine. The only question now is if either one of them will be good.

Myomoto

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So no word on the new SSFIV characters? :(

He announced that they will be announcing something about the new characters at TGS in september. Probably a new announcement of some kind. Damn tease.

hitsugi

Myomoto said:
He announced that they will be announcing something about the new characters at TGS in september. Probably a new announcement of some kind. Damn tease.

announcements of announcements of announcements.. take THAT, fans :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It should have been a sign with so many websites "siding" with the SF x Tekken by Ono and Tekken x SF by Namco, because it just got confirmed.

Wanna see it in action, 1up says it'll be up soon...

Is there any way we can stop this being made? I don't get the appeal, it's as though they're adding new characters to super that people don't want to see opposed to brining back franchise favourites that didn't make the cut or designing new SF characters.

vg260

Spirit of Jazz said:
Is there any way we can stop this being made? I don't get the appeal, it's as though they're adding new characters to super that people don't want to see opposed to brining back franchise favourites that didn't make the cut or designing new SF characters.

I wish there was. I mean, did people want to see this?

If they're going to over-saturate the fighting game market and make it crash again, at least do it with sequels the fans WANT to see. If you're a die-hard Capcom fan, you can't tell me this game would be above Darkstalkers or a new Alpha game. If we don't see Darkstalkers as a result of this project, Im going to be PISSED.

C-Jo

2&2 said:
If you're a die-hard Capcom fan, you can't tell me this game would be above Darkstalkers or a new Alpha game.
I'd much rather have this than a new Darkstalkers game. That franchise does absolutely nothing for me. I don't understand what the point of a new Alpha game would be at this point either. Alpha and whatever the future of 4 is pretty much occupy the same space.

Judderman said:
Spirit of Jazz has been crying since the panel started. Just ignore him.

Shit, you're right, I'm a loon! The Dark Stalkers cock-tease was classy, I was over-joyed to discover that the new Super characters wouldn't be revealed 'till TGS, we get a vague 3S announcement, and then I get SF vs Tekken which simply perplexes me. I've never played Tekken wishing I could play as this character in a 2D fighter and vice-versa with the SF roster. Such an amazing conference.

DRE Fei said:
So, how are projectiles going to work in the Namco version? :lol

Well... you know how people love Tekken bosses, right?

entremet

EraldoCoil said:
Not really hyped about SF3 online. Already have GGPO, been playing it online for a while.
More compeititors other than ultra hard core enthusiast? What about more features, like robust online modes, stat tracking, ranking systems, etc?

AZ Greg

2&2 said:
I wish there was. I mean, did people want to see this?

If they're going to over-saturate the fighting game market and make it crash again, at least do it with sequels the fans WANT to see. If you're a die-hard Capcom fan, you can't tell me this game would be above Darkstalkers or a new Alpha game. If we don't see Darkstalkers as a result of this project, Im going to be PISSED.

Why do people keep acting like we're still in the 90s? There were way more factors than just over saturation that led to any decline. But I forget, this is GAF. The sky is falling since Ono didn't tell us the 2 new characters despite the fact we just got 10 new ones in a new game only 3 months ago. Over/Under: GAF bitches about "announcements of announcements" more than actually playing whatever update is released?

With regards to SFvT, as long as the game is actually good, this can only be a good thing. SF has its base and Tekken has its base. Sure there is some crossover but there are a lot of people who don't buy the other series. This collaboration could get these people to buy the games and help the fighting game market. At least a lot more than a small SSF4 update (Which I do want :D) that adds Karin or some other message board demanded character that will only add +8 sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom