• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

valeo said:
I have barely ever played Street Fighter but was pretty good at Soul Calibur 4/the Tekken series - how long would it take me playing SSF4 to not get my ass kicked every game? :p Thinking about buying it.
Get a bud that knows the game to coach you and it can take only a few days, learning by yourself requires a lot more extra curricular work (studying matchups and such) which takes a couple weeks of dedication.

DIRTY-D

Happy Phantom said:
so what are the new costumes like anyways?

From what I see,,,some look cool as shit,

Chun Li in Alpha Outfit, Cammy in Catwoman outfit are sweet.

I'm not feeling that new Ryu homeboy costume though.

sdc10572-1024x768.jpg

sdc10575-1024x768.jpg

_Xenon_

Banned
If these costumes are not built in the disk as previous ones, what will happen in the online mode if only one of the 2 players got the costumes? Is this just for some kind of self-satisfaction?

vulva

_Xenon_ said:
If these costumes are not built in the disk as previous ones, what will happen in the online mode if only one of the 2 players got the costumes? Is this just for some kind of self-satisfaction?
probably mandatory update which downloads them, but doesn't unlock them unless paid for

DIRTY-D

I dunno man, Dee Jay looks like a cab driver!

and I don't know what to say about Blanka's head dress thing.

Sagat's will probably coo though.....at least I hope.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
_Xenon_ said:
manditory 350mb update, problem solved.

Edgeward

_Xenon_ said:

There should be then a patch that will include it for everyone just not unlocked.

Dude on my friend list just messaged me to join a lobby he was in because this guy has a 48 win streak in counting, and wants me to beat him.

The funny part is that he's a Guy player. Wonder if this dude can beat my record of 55.

Ha. A Cammy player taunted him from full screen. He then commenced to drop a combo just to taunt back. :lol

entrement said:
What the heck is that Blanka costume?

0427d37.jpg

Closest almost SFW picture I could find.

Blanka's from Brazil. It's just a Brazilian parade costume. Be glad he isn't in a thong.

Chun Li's Alpha costume looks boring. Never liked it. I got the near exact same one in SFIV for PC. Everyone else is alright. Glad there's finally DLC that isn't just an unlock key.

Mr Jared

Spiderjericho said:
Care to share?

Stephanie is a terrible human being. While Sherry shouldn't have lost her cool, no one would have complained had she actually clocked her one.

Not much else to know.

Dizzy-4U

Blanka looks like one of those Final Fantasy X summons....

Capcom, since you're adding cosmetics, can we have the grass stage from alpha 2 now? Thanks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yuck. Only good one is Chun. And that isn't really original. Already made the official art with it. Those PC vanilla customs are so much better.

Sometimes, I think people are smarter than they are. I go for Bison's 50/50 ultra setup, but I typically go for the front since I think people are used to it hitting there. But they block it from the front.

Or maybe they know that I think that they typically block backwards, so they block forward. But what if... :(

TheOGB

Banned
I... can't tell. Is Cammy supposed to be Catwoman? And just what the hell is Hakan wearing?

Do I only like Ryu's new alt. because I'm black?

Slightly clearer version from Kotaku

fixedn.jpg

You can spot a few new details now.

Cammy is in some sort of cat-woman/armor suit. You can see the cat ears if you zoom in.

Chun Li's Alpha suit is skin tight, looks nice than expected but still a bit meh.

Rufus gets a biker outfit.

Hakan's outfit is just... weird.

TheOGB

Banned
...Again, what the hell is Hakan wearing? :lol

I like everyone else's, but for some reason I can't get over what appears to be a shiny brick on Hakan's head. :lol

XenoRaven

Greg: On my phone so I don't want to quote you. Putting pressure on your Vega is easier said than done. First, it's an unfamiliar match for a lot of people. And I don't mean like no one knows his moves, but more what can be stuffed, what can be punished, etc. If you get some breathing room, you can df HK which seems like it swallows nearly all my inputs once it's active, you have a variety of reversal and escape options with meter, and some people just haven't figured out what can be punished, stuffed, and what to use to do it. Plus, you switch your style up so much that once someone has one thing downloaded, you add another layer.

I know I'm kind of a scrub, and need to learn to pressure better, but saying "pressure my Vega" and actually doing it are very different. I don't blame anyone for playing defensive. In my experience, there are times when I just don't know what to do. I don't like getting nailed with CH df HKs every time I throw a poke out.

Hope this doesn't sound like complaining. It's not meant to. Just giving you an idea of what's going through one of your opponent's heads when you're busy smashing their face in and sending them to the back of the line in an endless lobby.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TheOGB said:
...Again, what the hell is Hakan wearing? :lol

I like everyone else's, but for some reason I can't get over what appears to be a shiny brick on Hakan's head. :lol
Turkish outfit with traditional hat I believe. Deejay's is so sick.

Wallach

With the better pic Adon and Dee Jay definitely have the best costumes in that set. Rufus' has the nice hearts touch everywhere, I like it. Fuckin' Blanka has to be a damn troll in every aspect of his existence so I'm not surprised to see that thing make him take up twice as much space as usual and will definitely look ridiculous in balls.

Dudley needs a zoot suit outfit.

I think edit: they should've went for these costumes instead of the lackluster freak show

Ken = polo or dress shirt, dress pants and shoes
Ryu = jeans and t-shirt or evil ryu
Chun = detective/police uniform
Cammy = Killer Bee uniform
Rose = fortune teller outfit
Rufus = biker outfit
Vega = ninja outfit
Balrog = rapper outfit (gold chain, fro, saggy pants)
Sagat = Muay Thai champion crown, longer shorts, no scar, no gloves
El Fuerte = Ultimo Dragon or other cruiserweight wrestler outfit
blah, blah, blah.

And thanks for the info Mr. Jared&Niedel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom