• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

CLAW

Normals
- cr.MK start up is now 6 frames (2 frames faster)
- Less damage on cr.MP and cr.HK

Unique Attacks
- More recovery for Cosmic Heel on block

Specials
- Less recovery on EX roll
- You can now combo cr.MP from EX roll

Ultra
- U2 has slightly more startup

Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

hitsugi

USD said:
Claw

Specials

This means you can combo a c.MP AFTER EX roll? I know it sounds pretty obvious but damn. That could be really sexy

seady

Sorry I don't want to bring in console war into this thread, but I can get this game for cheap for both consoles, which version should I get?

USD

KEN

Normals
-Less recovery on cr.MP, can now combo cr.MP into cr.MK
-Improved hit box for cl.LP and target combo (assuming this to mean more range)

Special
- LP Shoryu has 2 extra frames of recovery, but does 120 damage
- EX Hado can juggle twice in the air, so you can get full juggle off LP Shoryu > EX Hado
- EX Air Tatsu is no longer an overhead

Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

Satyamdas

Banned
No, what's sexy is:

Unique Attacks
GET BLOW UP, GREG TROLL SHENANIGANS!

Edit:

Other
So they are putting this tidbit in for every character? I'm not understanding the significance, does it have something to do with not being able to be thrown as you backdash?

USD said:
CLAW

Normals
- Less damage on cr.MP and cr.MK

Unique Attacks

Specials

Ultra

Other

*points and laughs at greg*

USD said:
Claw

Normals
- Less damage on cr.MP and cr.MK

Unique Attacks

Specials

Ultra

Other
vegashock.png

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
KEN

Normals

Special
- EX Hado can juggle twice in the air, so you can get full juggle off LP Shoryu > EX Hado
- EX Air Tatsu is no longer an overehead

Other

Phew, I was kinda worried they were gonna ruin him for a minute.

USD

RUFUS

Specials
- Anti-air U2 does not give you the full hits
- EX Messiah does less damage

Other
Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

That U2 nerf is harsh. :lol

Juri is last, might take a while to translate since I have to look up the move names. Looks like she has a lot of changes too.

Satyamdas

Banned
Other
Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end
Ok, so something must be changing universally with backdashes, but I'm a little too slow to understand exactly what this is addressing. Can anyone help me out here?

MIMIC

Banned
Satyamdas said:
So they are putting this tidbit in for every character? I'm not understanding the significance, does it have something to do with not being able to be thrown as you backdash?

I instantly thought of Fuerte when I read this. He can air-throw characters that backdash. Not sure if it's ALL characters but I know for sure that Abel and Sagat are among the ones that can be thrown. Maybe this means that more characters can be thrown (if it wasn't the case before)

USD

JURI

Specials
-Her fireball charge kick knocks the opponent higher
-You now combo Fireball charge > Pinwheel, for example
-Less stun and damage on charge kick

Ultra
No changes to U1, but because of the changes to the charge kick, it's easier to score knockdowns

Other
Faster walk speed (both foward and back)
Improvements to hitbox, EX FA (Not sure about this one, take with a grain of salt)

_Xenon_

Banned
USD said:
Improvements to hitbox, EX FA (Not sure about this one, take with a grain of salt)
EXセービング should be her EX counter teleport move not focus attack. No idea why they have to change that one since it's working quite good at the moment (1f start up).

USD said:
JURI

Specials
-You now combo Fireball charge > Pinwheel, for example

Ultra
No changes to U1, but because of the changes to the charge kick, it's easier to score knowdowns

Other
Smaller hitbox, less delay on EX FA (Not sure about this one, take with a grain of salt)
Improvements to any specific hitboxes or hitboxes overall?
I'm guessing faster movement during the animation for the movement after successful ex counter. Instead of how it is now countering then getting uppercutted...

"fireball charge kick" is the 1st part of the fireball kick? I recall them making it so that the startup and release now combos.. so I guess if you hold the fireball it's a launcher on its own (untechable?)

USD

_Xenon_ said:
EXセービング should be her EX counter teleport move not focus attack. No idea why they have to change that one since it's working quite good at the moment (1f start up).
"Saving" is the Japanese term for FA. I'm assuming they would have mention her counter by name.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, talk about lifting a poor guy up just to bring him back down again - poor Vega.

Mago must be smiling right now with that Fei news, oh wow.

Ken now being able to combo cr.MP into cr.MK is pretty big right there...

Reading about all of these decreases makes me feel like Honda is gonna get hit hard - damn...

And hey Kuma, now that they slightly improved Juri, you can stop hating on Blanka and Honda!

Satyamdas said:
Ok, so something must be changing universally with backdashes, but I'm a little too slow to understand exactly what this is addressing. Can anyone help me out here?

Nothing more other than some characters are mid-air while they dash back while some aren't - so for example against Fuerte, some characters could backdash to avoid a Tortilla Propeller/Fajita Buster grab from him, while some other couldn't - an even better example is against Zangief trying to Ultra 1 someone on their wake-up and they have no good reversal/escape plan - with this change, they can simply backdash without being grabbed like before.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Was hosting a lobby and some dude name Karaqi joins who mains abel apparently. Now I know I'm gaf's most notorious scrub, but this is just hilarious. Dude gets like 1-2 games on me while I'm using Honda which I don't know how to play. He messages me about how I suck. Then I go on a 10-12 game winning streak and he starts sending me more awesome/hilarious messages about how I fucking suck and just spam n shit. I'm like yea yea I know man, I'm garbage haha. He picks his main and I pick honda again; beats me. Then I pick his main abel and handle his ryu. I also destroyed his abel with my boi dan. It was just hilarious. Wish I could record some of this shit.

To quote one of his best one: "ur probably the worst, best player i've versed meaning u fuking suk rlly big balls but ur timing nd spamming is amazing."
Exact word for word. Made me feel so special. :D
My last message to him was "u like the next daigo, i just know it."

I really <3 this game.

Skilotonn said:
Wow, talk about lifting a poor guy up just to bring him back down again - poor Vega.

Nothing more other than some characters are mid-air while they dash back while some aren't ...
Less comic heel spam yay.
Juri can't backdash grabs boo.

Happy about the Ken changes. 2 extra frames on lp. srk isn't that bad. I can imagine that you can still sneak one in now and then without an immediate punish. I wonder if they can bring the double srk (not lp. srk, lp. srk like 3S, but maybe lp. srk, last hit of hp. srk or 2-3 hits of ex srk) back since target combo is better now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nice, Kadey! I've been wanting to make a Dan-only account for a while now. Maybe it's time do it tonight.

_Xenon_ said:
Right, my bad. EX saving = EX cancel in Japanese.

Yeah; Juri's counter move is called &#21270;&#27578;&#35222; (Kasatsushi) in Japanese.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
I think the "airborne after invincibility of backdash ends" stuff is to prevent people from being able to punish backdashes as hard.

such a stupid change. backdashing as it is, is already far too strong,

USD

Everything in one post:

KEN

Normals

Special
- EX Air Tatsu is no longer an overhead

Other

CLAW

Normals
- Less damage on cr.MP and cr.HK

Unique Attacks

Specials

Ultra

Other

RUFUS

Specials
- EX Messiah does less damage (80, down from 100)

Other

FEI

Normals
- Close and Far stand jab are have an extra frame of advantage (now +6)
- Close forward has a 4-frame startup

Specials
- Less recovery on EX Rekka on hit and on guard
- No invincibility with HK Chicken Wing

Other

JURI

Specials
-You can now combo Fireball charge > Pinwheel, for example

Ultra
No changes to U1, but because of the changes to the charge kick, it's easier to score knockdowns

Other

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So obviously everyone but me knows what's going on in here, since this thread is effectively a world of its own. But for a piddling outsider: what are these changes all about? Is this changes made in the arcade release? Or some upcoming DLC? Or what?

USD said:
RUFUS

Specials
- EX Messiah does less damage

Other

That U2 nerf is harsh. :lol

Juri is last, might take a while to translate since I have to look up the move names. Looks like she has a lot of changes too.
:^/

soakrates

I'm not sure what Capcom had in mind with those Fei Long changes. Maybe now he'll be more of a frame trap-oriented character, but whatever. It's not as though HK chickenwing was super broken. I wonder if the additional frame advantage will make it harder to land tenshin out of blockstrings now, assuming they're adding frames on block as well as hit.

Meh, I just want more Yang impressions. :/

EDIT: Oh, and that backdash nonsense is pure idiocy.

Tathanen said:
So obviously everyone but me knows what's going on in here, since this thread is effectively a world of its own. But for a piddling outsider: what are these changes all about? Is this changes made in the arcade release? Or some upcoming DLC? Or what?
The arcade release for now, but hopefully it's both in the near future.

ntropy

Sako flying in early apparently.

CaliPower via SRK said:
Weds Night Fights @ the Proud Bird Grand Ballroom Nov.3 2010!

This week we're at the gorgeous Proud Bird Grand Ballroom were you can get a sneak peek of what to expect from SoCal Regionals! There will be food/drinks, sponsors, the myriad of fighting game set ups, and a mysterious fellow named SAKO! Be one of the first to get some games with arguably the best SSF4 player in the world! We might have some more special guests in attendance to spice things up! You don't want to miss this epic night!

Agenda:
Arcade style bouts. 'Winner stays loser puts up another quarter' =)
SAKO beatdown sessions
Special Guests
& Much More!

Addmission:
$8.00(Includes Spectators)

Address:
11022 Aviation Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045-6187
(310) 670-3093

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
After checking the frame data on SRK's wiki thing, it looks like the characters that are now considered airborne after backdash invuln are ones who either weren't considered airborne at all during their backdash (Ken), or who were grounded for 1 frame after invuln but before they were considered airborne (everyone else). Juri's backdash didn't get touched because she's already considered airborne until the last 10 or so frames of her backdash, and didn't have the odd 1 frame of being grounded right after her invuln frames.

So I'm guessing Akuma, Sim, Honda, Gen, Gouken, Ryu, Sakura, Seth, and Dan will have their backdashes similarly adjusted.

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
After checking the frame data on SRK's wiki thing, it looks like the characters that are now considered airborne after backdash invuln are ones who either weren't considered airborne at all during their backdash (Ken), or who were grounded for 1 frame after invuln but before they were considered airborne (everyone else). Juri's backdash didn't get touched because she's already considered airborne until the last 10 or so frames of her backdash, and didn't have the odd 1 frame of being grounded right after her invuln frames.

So I'm guessing Akuma, Sim, Honda, Gen, Gouken, Ryu, Sakura, Seth, and Dan will have their backdashes similarly adjusted.
Awesome, thanks for that. Also, Threi was saying that this probably means that an OS sweep on a backdash would result in a reset now rather than a knockdown. All this time I've wondered why some characters backdash avoided things like Gief U1 while Sim got grabbed out of it every time, and now I know.

I definitely welcome this change :)

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kaako said:
Was hosting a lobby and some dude name Karaqi joins who mains abel apparently. Now I know I'm gaf's most notorious scrub, but this is just hilarious. Dude gets like 1-2 games on me while I'm using Honda which I don't know how to play. He messages me about how I suck. Then I go on a 10-12 game winning streak and he starts sending me more awesome/hilarious messages about how I fucking suck and just spam n shit. I'm like yea yea I know man, I'm garbage haha. He picks his main and I pick honda again; beats me. Then I pick his main abel and handle his ryu. I also destroyed his abel with my boi dan. It was just hilarious. Wish I could record some of this shit.

To quote one of his best one: "ur probably the worst, best player i've versed meaning u fuking suk rlly big balls but ur timing nd spamming is amazing."
Exact word for word. Made me feel so special. :D
My last message to him was "u like the next daigo, i just know it."

I really <3 this game.

Lol what I like to say to them when they say I suck is this :

"Yep, probably one of the worst players ever, an uber scrub... yet I beat you, just food for thought " ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom