• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super T.I.M.E Force - A New Game By Capybara Games

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2012.php?id=583

OH MY GOODNESS A TRAILER. WATCH IT. WATCH IT NOW.

screenshot.jpg

Description:
THE YEAR: 198X

THE PROBLEM: EVERYTHING'S GONE TO SHIT

THE MISSION: ERASE HISTORY'S DUMB MISTAKES

THE GOAL: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOU AND ME

THE TEAM: T.I.M.E (TEMPORAL INEVITABILITY MANIPULATION EXPERTS), AN ELITE SQUAD OF TIME-TRAVELING BADASSES

QUALIFICATIONS: MAXIMUM BADASSERY

ALSO: THEY HOLD PATENTS ON TIME TRAVEL GEAR THAT NO ONE HAS

THE PLAN: JUMP THROUGH TIME AND KILL STUFF THAT NEVER SHOULD'VE HAPPENED

FOR INSTANCE: COVERT ALIEN INVASIONS, NAZIS, BOY BANDS, ETC.

THE CATCH: ALTERING PRE-EXISTING EVENTS IN SPACE-TIME COULD HAVE DIRE CONSEQUENCES

THE CONSEQUENCES:
- PISSING OFF GOD
- TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL MATTER OF EXISTENCE
- ACCIDENTALLY DATING YOUR MOTHER

PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: UNCERTAIN

THE RISK: WORTH IT

WHEN DO THEY START: NOW!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod Yay! I love everything about how this looks.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Mad respect for Capy, so I'll be all over this once it's out, even though I barely even know what it's supposed to be.

ShaneB

Retro love letter is an understatement. This looks great. I'm playing Clash of Heroes still (and loving it), so I'm excited for this. Plus they're right here in Toronto, so I'll certainly support them!

Chocoboko

@MUWANdo said:
Mad respect for Capy, so I'll be all over this once it's out, even though I barely even know what it's supposed to be.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Not sure what is going on in that screen but I can imagine awesome fun being had. Love Capy.

Tizoc

Hopefully this is coming to PSN. I got Critter Crunch and M&M: CoH which they both developed and really enjoyed them.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks really nice, no platforms is making me impatient. :(

Davidion

Is...is that the Cypher from Strider and the missiles from Contra III?

I hope this comes to Steam in some shape or form.

V_Ben

Banned
JJD said:
This can't be good...

I hope it's not for iOS or Android.

I get the feeling that Capy knows better than anyone what works and what doesn't on a touch screen.

Callibretto said:
why does developer do this? hiding platforms, obviously they already know which platform they're targeting it for during development, why not simply announce the platform too, if they have changes like more platform supported, they can always make another announcement later on.

this looks kinda cool, but I don't want to get hyped for it and find out it's for Iphone because I don't have one. I wish it's for PSN/Vita

Because when games are early in development, things aren't decided. For all we know this is the launch title for the Nuon 2!

Cromulent_Word said:
More info coming soon-ish.

Won't be announcing platform(s) for a while though.

why does developer do this? hiding platforms, obviously they already know which platform they're targeting it for during development, why not simply announce the platform too, if they have changes like more platform supported, they can always make another announcement later on.

this looks kinda cool, but I don't want to get hyped for it and find out it's for Iphone because I don't have one. I wish it's for PSN/Vita

JJD said:
I hope it's not for iOS or Android.

AHA, something i can actually comment on: it's not for iOS/Android.

Callibretto said:

Knowing what platform you're TARGETING and what platform it will RELEASE on are two completely different things in the world of independent development, my gaf-friend. There's a massive, massive process for getting your game almost anywhere, and announcing that its COMING TO NEO GEO POCKET before deals are signed in blood means we would risk disappointing everyone. So, yea. We're not just f'n with you.

V_Ben said:
Because when games are early in development, things aren't decided. For all we know this is the launch title for the Nuon 2!
what's a Nuon 2?

it can't be that early in development is it, they must have been working it for awhile or else, the time between game announcement and release may be too far apart, which I assume is not preferable for small downloadable title.

oh well, at least we got confirmation it's not iOS or android. so now I can only hope it's multiplatform and not XBLA exclusive, other option like PSN/PSP/Vita is okay with me. 3DS too, although I haven't bought one, but I will eventually after revision.

Cromulent_Word said:

Knowing what platform you're TARGETING and what platform it will RELEASE on are two completely different things in the world of independent development, my gaf-friend. There's a massive, massive process for getting your game almost anywhere, and announcing that its COMING TO NEO GEO POCKET before deals are signed in blood means we would risk disappointing everyone. So, yea. We're not just f'n with you.

Well, the awesomeness that is Swords & Sworcery makes up for it. Also, will be buying the NGPC cartridge of this game.

V_Ben said:
what's a Nuon 2?

it can't be that early in development is it, they must have been working it for awhile or else, the time between game announcement and release may be too far apart, which I assume is not preferable for small downloadable title.

oh well, at least we got confirmation it's not iOS or android. so now I can only hope it's multiplatform and not XBLA exclusive, other option like PSN/PSP/Vita is okay with me. 3DS too, although I haven't bought one, but I will eventually after revision.

Corto

I want this. If it will be in any platform that I don't own, I will buy the device to play this the moment it releases. I want to kill Hitler in the prison he was writing Mein Kampf. Make it so Capy!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game looks gorgeous and the PR is hilarious. If it's as cheap as Critter Crunch and on PSN I'll be there day 1.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I hope it resembles gunstar heroes a little, but with even more agile characters and crazy situations, like that one hanging from the missile...

JJD

Cromulent_Word said:

Thank you!!! Were can I pre-order??? :)

You know PSN has a pre order option for downloadable games right, right??? Lol!

Anyway, seeing as it's not for mobile phones, I'll probably get this on any other platform! The game looks awesome!

mollipen

Doing up something about the game to post on EGM now. Thing I instantly think of is Time Soldiers—which, while making me happy, also makes me think maybe I need to update my bank of game reference material.

P.S. - Announcement of any platform but the Neo Geo Pocket will now be nothing but disappointment for me.

Rolf NB

Not a fan of the faux retro pixelized things I see there. Dem sprites could look better if they were just higher res. Jumping girl with rifle and totally warped face is particularly underdefined.

Rolf NB said:
Not a fan of the faux retro pixelized things I see there. Dem sprites could look better if they were just higher res. Jumping girl with rifle and totally warped face is particularly underdefined.

Yeah, it should be in gorgeous 1080p.

For realz.

Anyway, I think it looks awesome regardless.

Top Bottom