• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super T.I.M.E Force - A New Game By Capybara Games

Twinduct

This looks great!
Will look better once it's running on steam yo!

Btw the guys on the left, are they on your side? :p

Rolf NB said:
Not a fan of the faux retro pixelized things I see there. Dem sprites could look better if they were just higher res. Jumping girl with rifle and totally warped face is particularly underdefined.
Just fyi, pixel art does not mean 'faux retro'. Pixel art is a style, just like cell-shaded 3D or stop motion animation.

Since you liking it is subjective, i'm definitely not commenting on that btw. Just that people wrongly mis-label pixel art all the time.

and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

soultron

Banned
I saw this on gama and was going to come home and make a thread. But you beat me to it.

Looks hella nice. Between Super T.I.M.E. Force and Thrustburst, it's been a good day for sidescrollin' IGF entries.

Sort of glad to hear it's not on iOS. I hope it's on 3DS if it's on portables, I'm really on the fence with Vita and should probably just hold off, but there's a Capy game at or near launch that'd probably be enough to get one.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I secretly hope this appears on PC in some form, but any release would be fantastic.

Cromulent, can you comment on whether or not there will be a physical release of this game?

linko9

Wow, this looks amazing. It's so hard to make sprites look great without a black border, but this game looks to do it with no problem. Great premise for the game as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Happy to see this isn't a cellphone game, very eager for more news and screenies... I'm a sucker for time travel, retro pixellated graphics and platformers.

thetrin said:
I secretly hope this appears on PC in some form, but any release would be fantastic.

Cromulent, can you comment on whether or not there will be a physical release of this game?
Like i mentioned earlier, it's too early to know where it will end up for certain.

Also, we'll have more stuff today around noon PST...

... we're cool enough to announce announcements and stuff right?

Looking promising and I can't to play it on my Wonderswan.

Very curious how it's played. I'm thinking some mix of realtime strategy and Treasure-ish action... ?

Tiktaalik

I suppose Ikaruga was the creator of stylistic slowdown (fauxdown?) from when you defeated a boss. Was there an earlier title?

Tiktaalik said:
BTW there's actually a homebrew neo geo pocket flash cart effort underway.

http://ngpc.freeplaytech.com/

Neo Geo Pocket definitive version? Make it happen CAPY.
Holy crap, I'm gonna have to read through that page when I have time.

I only owned Card Fighters, but I played a few others and I'll never forget how great the joystick was on that thing.

I watched the video for this like 3 times now, it looks like if someone tried to port Gunstar Heroes to the Atari 2600.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Can already hear the "Which character is MINE?!?!" "Too much going on, everyone gets LOST!" "Why does the game have slowdown? This isn't 198X!" (But it is!), etc, etc, already, lol.

The guy with the sword is the lovechild of Robocop + Gray Fox the Cyborg Ninja + Strider + A test tube, eh? XD I have to admit... I kinda hope you guys end up giving us an army of different charactes to choose from, haha. Since it's a T.I.M.E force, can we expect player character that vary from Cavemen like Bonk, to wild oddballs liek Milon from "Milon's Secret Castle", right alongside the Cyber ninjas and people with guns? XD

At any rate, as Adam J. said,

Adam J. said:
So many requests for portables--I want Capy's gorgeous 2D sprites on my big-screen TV!

That's really about the only thing I play on now-a-days, and it looks too fun to pass up on :)

GO SUPER PIXEL FORCE!

Oh... and I'd buy the NGPC version!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cromulent_Word said:
Like i mentioned earlier, it's too early to know where it will end up for certain.

Also, we'll have more stuff today around noon PST...

... we're cool enough to announce announcements and stuff right?

I decree that you are.

Cromulent, one more question: Can you divulge if you are playing every character on the screen, or if its multiplayer? INQUIRING MINDS AND ALL THAT.

Looks amazing!

Please, please, please let me fulfill my lifelong dream of brick-smashing Castro and Guevara's fathers's hairy meatballs and I will give all my bananas to you. They can be yours. It's in your hands. Think about it.

thetrin said:
Cromulent, one more question: Can you divulge if you are playing every character on the screen, or if its multiplayer? INQUIRING MINDS AND ALL THAT.
We're not coming out and explaining anything just yet. we want to spend more time on the game and push it much farther.

Sorry for the total non-answer.

Killer Yakuza B said:
Looks amazing!

Please, please, please let me fulfill my lifelong dream of brick-smashing Castro and Guevara's fathers's hairy meatballs and I will give all my bananas to you. They can be yours. It's in your hands. Think about it.
wow... uhhh.... thats gotta be the weirdest request i've ever received as a dev ;)

thetrin

Cromulent_Word said:
We're not coming out and explaining anything just yet. we want to spend more time on the game and push it much farther.

Sorry for the total non-answer.

That's cool. I figured you were keeping it under wraps if you weren't even telling publications yet. You can't blame me for trying, though. Can you?

JJD

Holy shit at the trailer!!! I must have this nowwww!!!

Joystiq said:
The studio is taking its time with it, so don't expect to get your hands on it anytime soon.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

Hm! Another guess how this is played. You play a stage once, then return, while your "former self" is still playing there. So it's about creating weird paradoxes and returning and replaying stages? I AM RIGHT, AREN'T I!?

That quote in the OP...is that actual PR from CAPY? Because that might just be the best damn thing I've ever read in my life. Also? The screenshot looks like a doodle I would have made in 3rd grade of action going on EVERYWHERE AT ONCE. Which might just be the best damn thing I've ever seen in my life.

Day -10000. shutupandtakemymoney.jpg. Some other meme that says I want this so damn bad.

Wow. I...just wow.

FrontalMonk said:
That quote in the OP...is that actual PR from CAPY? Because that might just be the best damn thing I've ever read in my life. Also? The screenshot looks like a doodle I would have made in 3rd grade of action going on EVERYWHERE AT ONCE.
Yeap, that's good old fashion Capy PR. We thought it was both descriptive and factually accurate.

And once again i will be storing this comment for later use somewhere. 3rd grade action doodle is surprisingly accurate. haha.

soultron said:
It was actually a PR release sent from the future. PR is pretty rad there.
PR from the year 198X is pretty badass for us 2011 folk. For them its just normal.

Cromulent_Word said:
wow... uhhh.... thats gotta be the weirdest request i've ever received as a dev ;)
XD Well, to be honest, even if you "only" make an enemy sprite with a long beard and an olive green cap and military uniform or something so I can, you know, unleash my furious anger, know that you'd me making someone in the world much happier. I also got other fruits if you don't like bananas ._.

Again, this game looks incredible. I'm all for a 3DS version (I'm probably the only one who would mention WiiWare here, but... no way that's gonna happen).

Top Bottom