• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC has been rated by the ESRB for the Nintendo Switch

Makes sense, especially since the game supports both touch controls and button/stick controls, meaning it should work great for both docked and portable play. Enjoy, Switch owners!

If only this had any impact at all on a DJMAX RESPECT release in the west. That's handled by a different dev/publisher now, right?

Deft Beck

Keep in mind that all releases of Xonic past the Vita version have the Guilty Gear tracks out for the moment due to licensing issues with ARC System Works.

Otherwise, I hope it's not like $40 again. I almost rebought the game on PS4, but this might be a better option.

YESS!!

I didn't have a Vita at the time, so didn't pick it up on that system, but I really enjoy handheld rhythm games, so a Switch version is very welcome!

That seems very uncomfortable to play with the asymmetric design of the Switch, but hey, happy for more people to play it :)

I promise any dev that releases a good rhythm game for Switch that I will buy it.

I'm probably one of the few people who have rhythm games as one of their top 3 favorite genres.

branny

The PS4 version is really nice… Comes with DLC tracks, and the load times are crazy fast.

That seems very uncomfortable to play with the asymmetric design of the Switch, but hey, happy for more people to play it :)
Some crazies preferred the touchscreen controls to buttons back on the Vita, so maybe it's not all bad. :lol

The analog stick inputs being offset will definitely be annoying, though.

Tapejara

The PS4 version is really nice… Comes with DLC tracks, and the load times are crazy fast.

Some crazies preferred the touchscreen controls to buttons back on the Vita, so maybe it's not all bad. :lol

The analog stick inputs being offset will definitely be annoying, though.

Hey, that's me (I was too used to DJMAX Technika Tune)!

Do not skip on the game, I have it on Xbox One and if you like rhythm games it's great. Feels like something from the golden age of them. Get it for sure, but get a pro controller because I feel like this game will be ass with the joy cons.

LordKano

How's the soundtrack for that one ? I didn't pick VOEZ because I don't really like the few tunes I've listened to on youtue.

YES YES YES YES YES, WILL TRIPLE DIP DEFINITELY, YES YES YES YES YES YES OMAIGOSH YES

NOW, PLEASE, DJMAX RESPECT, AT LEAST CONFIRM LOCALIZATION!

now, I know they are from different developers, but I just want more rhythm games in general u.u

I hope Sega develops a project diva for Switch, also a new taiko is coming to switch too...

Or maybe even IA/VT...

cj_iwakura

Makes sense, especially since the game supports both touch controls and button/stick controls, meaning it should work great for both docked and portable play. Enjoy, Switch owners!

If only this had any impact at all on a DJMAX RESPECT release in the west. That's handled by a different dev/publisher now, right?
Xonic is made by ex-Pentavision staff, so yeah, no relation.

I missed this on Vita and preferred it on a handheld. Now I get handheld and console in one!!

As much as I want a DJ Max port, I can't see it happening... It's never ventured off Sony hardware except afaik? DJ Max Encore never happened did it?

http://atlus.com/sales/superbeat_xonics_switch/SUPERBEAT_XONiC_Switch_Sell_Sheet.pdf

3rd October by the looks of things

Lt1mD3v.jpg

Press release via email just came out confirming it.

789eed63-aea0-466b-9f9a-f467a8dd6398.png

SUPERBEAT XONiC will arrive to Nintendo Switch this October!

288f8de8-2d72-4980-9aad-6d1fa39ccfa1.png

LOS ANGELES, CA., July 31, 2017— PM Studios and Acttil are thrilled to announce that SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ will be released on Nintendo Switch™ in North America this October! In addition to the included soundtrack of over 65 songs -- from R&B to rock, techno to K-pop -- new tracks will be available via DLC on the release date. And to celebrate the game's debut on Switch, these all-new DLC tracks will be free for Switch users!

~ Song List ~
1. Rackin Gravity by 7 Sequence
2. Neko-kun by Basiscape
3. Select, Start by Steven Silo
4. Donut Island by Steven Silo
5. Oh-Wei-Oh by Bentley Jones
6. STUTTA 2.0 by Bentley Jones
7. Talk 2 U by Bentley Jone

For PlayStation®4 and Xbox users!
These songs will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox as well! "Rackin Gravity" is free. All other songs are $1.99 each.

Bundle 1 includes songs 2-4 for $4.99, available on Aug. 15.
Bundle 2 includes songs 5-7 for $4.99, available on Aug. 29.

Also don't forget checking out this awesome trailer made by Rising Star Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aLsrdkjy3w

Thanks again everyone for your support!

deadfolk

I guess this will never make it to Europe. I wonder if the DLC question when buying cross region on Switch was ever answered.

FYI:
Asked PM Studios and:
1.- no plans to release dlc for Vita version
2.- switch users will have to download the extra songs for free, they are not included in the game

I thought they would since they are re publishing it but it has been confirmed by them

Cannot post Twitter links since I'm on mobile, but they answered that in the comments

Justification time...

$39.99 suggested retail price.
$32.00 price via Amazon Prime or GCU.
Save $10 I would have spent on DLC songs for the PS4 version that are free for the Switch.

It's like the Switch version is only $22!

Top Bottom