• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| Back to The DJMAX Roots - Now on PS4/XB1!

ultra7k

They unlock as you level up. Next one you unlock is at level 10. I don't think you get any sort of notification that you unlocked a new stage in World Tour when you reach the appropriate level, so be sure to check back there every 5 levels or so.

Awesome thanks!

Hit level 10, tried the next world Tour stage and got wrecked. Geez, it's like it's zoomed in and there's very little time to react to the incoming notes!

macklelol

yay
IlSkQSJ.jpg
I got Bang Vox once I hit level 99.

I'm also missing 3 DJ Icons (1 from Eguchi WAVE) and 4 key sounds (2 are from 6 Eleven and Extra WAVE), so that leaves 2 of each left. That means it's probably all in the hidden World Tour stuff or maybe connected to play count, idk.

Awesome thanks!

Hit level 10, tried the next world Tour stage and got wrecked. Geez, it's like it's zoomed in and there's very little time to react to the incoming notes!

What I did for missions that has the Fade-In modifier (like the one you mentioned) is to lower the speed down to 0.5, it gives you much more time to see the notes coming. Be sure to equip a DJ Icon with Shield, it'll help a lot for most World Tour missions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lol so you basically get TWO trophies for maxing your level out. Still seemed rather random both of those key sounds were tied to trophies.

well guess no matter how good i get i'm not clearing everything in world tour because... uh... this whole flicker thing isn't working out for me, lol.

ow

SephLuis

Guys, you have been playing with buttons or the touch screen ? I tried the touch and outside some iffy recognition for swipes, it's pretty good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well guess no matter how good i get i'm not clearing everything in world tour because... uh... this whole flicker thing isn't working out for me, lol.

ow
Ugh, yeah, I had to slow the notes down for that mission & I think I barely passed. Fast notes make it harder to keep track of what's coming.

Volcynika

Got my X-Clusive edition today and it seems neat. Enjoying playing it, but I feel frustrated when doing scratch notes on the touch screen, they just drop way too much and it doesn't seem like they should? Not sure if I'm just missing something specific about them.

Received my X-Clusive edition this morning, though I think I might wait and get the PAL game to play, what with DLC.

The package is decent overall. A shame the vinyl doesn't sit into the box flush and the Vita box art is a little underwhelming both in art and paper quality. DJM1-3 + BS had some cool covers (the Korean versions did, anyway). The overall package goes nicely with the DJ Max limited editions, though.

dkoy

Got it digitally and downloaded but I'm not playing until I finish Natural Doctrine. Can't wait to play as it seems this is a full return to the roots of DJ Max.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone know the score to which you need to pass Eguchi WAVE in World Tour? Right now, my judgment is 88% with about 55,200.

Edit: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, 56,600 was enough to get 90%!!! Just one more mission!

From what I'm hearing, 338,000 is the minimum score to get 95% judgment on 6 Eleven.

Edit: So my 6 Eleven scores:

- 194,650 (turned speed down from 3.5 to 3.0)
- 261,200 (speed back to 3.5)

.........93%.....freakin' hell, this should've been 90%.to pass.

macklelol

The only song that's really stopping me from doing well on 6 Eleven is March of Fear. I mess up a lot on that one section near the end of the song...

Roubjon

Finally grinded to 99,999 Combo. I'm never playing Peach Fuzz ever again. That song is horrible.

Now I can finally enjoy the game and what it has to offer considering I unlocked like 50 songs to play during the process.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only song that's really stopping me from doing well on 6 Eleven is March of Fear. I mess up a lot on that one section near the end of the song...
It's that & the middle of Matador where you just gotta freakin' mash & alternate between a button on each side. The rest isn't too bad (I upped my score on the first song to 71,100), but yeah, those two are probably the most annoying in terms of just being able to hit all the notes.

macklelol

It's that & the middle of Matador where you just gotta freakin' mash & alternate between a button on each side. The rest isn't too bad (I upped my score on the first song to 71,100), but yeah, those two are probably the most annoying in terms of just being able to hit all the notes.
Yeah, after some practice the mission doesn't seem as intimidating as it was before. Right now I'm at Dimension Detonator with a score of 263300, I don't think I'll make the 95% cutoff though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ANOTHER ATTEMPT:

94% judgment

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

macklelol

334,450 got me a 94%. So that 338k number seems pretty accurate.

I have a pretty good run going right now, if I can get past March of Fear with like 198k I think I can do it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gaah, there is just something really annoying when you do a run & you somehow get the EXACT SAME SCORE as your highest.

I think I need to take a break, I can't even get near 71k again & I shouldn't tire myself anymore.

Edit: Are hold/scroll/pink notes NOT suppose to give you points? Because I've been noticing despite hitting them, my score doesn't go up.

macklelol

Gaah, there is just something really annoying when you do a run & you somehow get the EXACT SAME SCORE as your highest.

I think I need to take a break, I can't even get near 71k again & I shouldn't tire myself anymore.

Edit: Are hold/scroll/pink notes NOT suppose to give you points? Because I've been noticing despite hitting them, my score doesn't go up.

I noticed it happens sometimes. Maybe the ones with joints don't give more points? Or dropping then early give no points?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll hold them entirely & nothing. Not even the regular 50 or 100 points.

Maybe that upcoming patch will fix that. I feel like if I got points from those, I would have an actual chance of passing that damn mission. It's so frustrating having to replay the songs sooooo many times before deciding if it's high enough to move on to the next stage, & considering there's 5 damn songs, it's just so tedious.

Maybe I should go back to getting all the patterns unlocks for Freestyle while waiting on that patch (what's the latest news on that, anyways?), especially since I'm level 93, so I'll be able to hit 99 either from grinding for 99,999 combo or getting the rest of the 6Trax/FX charts unlocked.

Valkyria

Banned
I'm loving my time with this game. The soundtrack is awesome and personally I believe that losing the DjMax IP is the best that could happen, because it means a brand new set of songs, and for now all are awesome.

4trax is easy, and 6 trax is not as hard as the old 6 button set for me, but I'm not sure it playing 6 trax with the touch screen or the buttons. With touch screen is more fun, but my fingers are big and I have problems placing them in the correct position in faster songs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of wish we knew about what the system improvements were.

& what exactly did they update with the auto-save feature?

Edit: According to their Facebook, it also "includes fixes from 1.01-2 Korean patch."

Edit 2: I'm hearing Freestyle now remembers which Trax you played the last song on instead of defaulting back to 4Trax.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE WRONG BUTTON & LOST MY PROGRESS ON 6 ELEVEN, & I HAD 71,600 FOR THE FIRST SONG, I HATE THIS MISSION SO DAMN MUCH

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, that's nice to see fixed. I wonder if I just get records on the songs that say they have none counts towards "clear all patterns" instead of unlocking them all for Freestyle.

Got lucky & only a few retries to get 71,700 on the first song, so slightly better to what I had before. This still should've been the final Hard mission & not the second-to-last NORMAL mission.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
6 Eleven is so frustrating, it caused me to throw my Vita onto my bed, but I forgot it was still connected to the charging cable, which in turn knocked my Marvel coffee mug onto the floor & broke it.

It's like this mission wants to find new ways for me to hate it.

TP

The leader boards now display player info past top 30

Does anybody know how Free style is ranked?
I thought it was in order of 99999 achieved but I've been bumped up over ten spots
might it be taking over all score into account?

Edit: now i'm back to where I was before
weird

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After many, many, MAAAAANY retries.....

I NO LONGER HAVE TO TOUCH THIS STUPID, AWFUL, FRUSTRATING MISSION.

*sees what gets unlocked for beating all missions*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I can deal with Voodoo Gooroo 6Trax FX, yeah, that's not TOO bad, but yes, those other two are gonna be insane. & of course, those have to be beaten in order to get all the icons & key sounds.

Need to take a break from World Tour & finish up the 5 songs on 6Trax (which of course are all on the 3rd stage) & then about 20 on 6Trax FX (gonna have to drop the difficulty to Easy to clear some of them). Plus I'm at level 94, so might as well continue my 99,999 grind as well.

Tizoc

This game
2brutal4me

Why can't Easy mode be just up, down Tri and X =_=

Nice tracks though, hbow do I unlock Heavy Day?

Top Bottom