• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| Back to The DJMAX Roots - Now on PS4/XB1!

Another tease: "Antikythera" by 7 Sequence

RGMIX1K.jpg

About the DLC songs, here's Rockin' Gravity gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF1PiUGod0I

and BLUE Desire ~ BlazBlue by Tomohiro Kita!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQEHfuVATSY

Also we will be on Playstation Experience 2015

We will have XONiC booths and other games from acttil, Gifts will be given, also if you play XONiC in our booth you will get a raffle number, winners will be randomly selected.
Prizes will be:
1x SUPERBEAT XONiC XOTIC Edition
3x SUPERBEAT XONIC X-clusive Editions
and for the big prize, one-of-a-kind* UNIQUE GOLD Edition
We will be at Booth #1140!! Be sure to pass by!

kFFrwTr.jpg

*One will be given at PSX and one at XONiC The Live in Korea.
*Raffle winners prizes will be handed on the 6th
*Gold Edition winner will be shipped when it's ready.

FluxWaveZ

Is that World Tour stage that says to clear it with "more than BREAK 40" really telling me to miss 40 notes, or am I misunderstanding?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, one or two missions require you to MISS ## notes. Get someone with a very high recovery rate. It's actually not as bad as it sounds like otherwise.

.....also play on Normal as well.

Need to get back to this & finish those final missions. It's mainly just those & the 1,000 plays, which I'm sure I could just select a song, let it play, fail, & start over. Never said anything about clearing 1,000 songs, just playing them.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, one or two missions require you to MISS ## notes. Get someone with a very high recovery rate. It's actually not as bad as it sounds like otherwise.

.....also play on Normal as well.

That kinda sounds silly. Thanks.

Oh, and I didn't know that difficulty settings actually affected WT mode until now. Maybe things would have been a bit easier had I turned it down to Normal for some of the stages.

It just basically affects how fast your life meter decreases when you miss a note, same as the regular mode.

Oh, so that's all it affects. I see.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It just basically affects how fast your life meter decreases when you miss a note, same as the regular mode.

Hubb

any news on dlc release dates?

Hopefully sometime this month. Unless they start really teasing stuff this weekend I don't see it coming out the 15th. Which would mean the earliest they release the DLC it is the 22nd. Hope I am wrong and it actually does come out on the 15th though.

JEKKI

man this game is so good!

jus hit level 20, finally unlocked 6FX mode!

but still need to beat all the songs on regular 6 mode before moving up!

yyr

If you are into music games, most likely yes. If you enjoyed a previous DJMAX title (any), change that to definitely yes.

If you're more of a casual music game player, read up on it first, watch gameplay videos, etc.

If you are into music games, most likely yes. If you enjoyed a previous DJMAX title (any), change that to definitely yes.

If you're more of a casual music game player, read up on it first, watch gameplay videos, etc.

Thanks for the answer. Truth be told, I've never played a rhythm game on the Vita before, I just fancied getting this because it reviewed well and I felt like buying an exclusive for the system.

I absolutely loved Bust-a-Groove, Vib Ribbon and PaRappa back in the day though, so I do have the capacity to enjoy music games.

I'd say its worth getting, I loved DJ Max on the Vita and this feels like a sequel in all but name (and now with physical button controls).

I'm getting my ass kicked by the later challenges though, its going to take me forever to clear the hardest bits in this game.

I just reached max level and unlocked an icon that gives Exp 200%

why

Any tips on getting decent amounts of XP? I'm at level 82 and getting XP really does feel like a grind now...

Good thing I've still got plenty to do on the game so I'm hoping I'll at least hit level 90 before giving up on challenge mode!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Set the difficulty to Hard. It ups the amount of EXP you earn, but in exchange, just a few missed notes in a row can fail you. But yeah, once you hit around 80 or 90, it really becomes a grind.

Thanks. I have briefly tried Hard mode but usually it was in conjunction with some of the hardest songs and I struggled! I might try and clear most of the tracks first and then grind my 1000 songs, 99999 combo and level 99 all at once.

macklelol

yay

Don't even know how I managed to get a full combo on Voodoo Gooroo. I even put the difficulty on Easy just so I wouldn't fail lol. Beating that mission got me a Key Sound, as well.

Next two missions, though...

Hello!

*The SUPERBEAT XONiC Survey will close this weekend, if you have (or not) played it, we would appreciate your support!!

Your feedback will be used to improve and add more features to the game
http://bit.ly/SUPERBEATSURVEY

*SBX got two nominations to Best Vita game and Best Soundtrack
You can vote and see other categories here:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/18/vote-now-ps-blog-game-of-the-year-2015-awards/

*XONiC The Live Concert have been uploaded by Nurijoy completely at the following link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8QkVQ08BVNmMkEOPbTiOtkhZCP4Urrfw

*DLC and patch have been submitted recently to SCEA and will be up soon. I can't disclose details on pricing yet though.

Oh, a new patch? Any word on what it'll do?

Fix bug and add songs :3

also!

Hello everybody! We're really grateful with all the support you guys have give to XONiC!

As a token of appreciation and considering Xmas is just around the corner we want to make XONiC an awesome gift for the seasons!

SUPERBEAT SALE!:

SUPERBEAT: XONiC The X-CLUSIVE Limited Edition
Original Price $50, Now $39!*
http://bit.ly/SUPERBEATLESALE
Y8tPR1n.jpg

SUPERBEAT: XONiC 2-DISC OST (Re-stocked!)
Original Price $15, Now $9!*
http://bit.ly/SUPERBEATOSTSALE
9gQewEy.jpg

Remember we're giving away two Korean Limited editions (including console!) Every order* through this website participates!

Details at https://www.facebook.com/djmaxofficial/posts/620071724800654

*While Stocks Last !
Prices available until January 4, 2016!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I was relistening to the OST today & was bummed to see Matador wasn't on the disc. That makes, what, four songs in the game that didn't make it on the disc? I know Boomerang wasn't, & I'm sure Miami Style & one more song aren't on there as well. I'm sure licensing had a part of it, but kind of a bummer.

Neat that songs will be added as well.

Mandelbo

Got this for christmas! Really loving it so far, the music is fantastic! I'm finding it easier starting out than in DJMax, although that may be because they're really very similar and I just have experience. I've only really done 4 track songs so far, although I've tried a couple of 6 track songs and I didn't feel too overwhelmed!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That might've been the original patch to fix stuff like the Game Records not working.

Edit: Just checked & yeah, that new patch doesn't seem to be out yet. I don't have the update icon on the game after refreshing a few times.

Soulflarz

Banned
Heavy Day
WELL THEN <3

edit: 5 misses demon smash will end me
editedit: when do i put this on my "games beaten" list, is this one of those you have to 100%, or nah, just level 99 aka unlocks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically reach lv. 99 & do all World Tour missions = 100%, I think.

Also, keep unlocking those icons, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to who you'll get.

Zareka

Got this over Christmas after being recommended it in the P4D thread and while I like it, good lord am I terrible at it. I can consistently King Crazy most songs on All Night difficulty in P4D yet I struggle with any 6trax songs in this beyond the first 4 or so songs. My hands just freeze up and I miss every note.

Kind of disheartening, but I'll keep at it. I felt the same way about P4D at first. I just recognise that was a *lot* easier than most rythm games.

Got this over Christmas after being recommended it in the P4D thread and while I like it, good lord am I terrible at it. I can consistently King Crazy most songs on All Night difficulty in P4D yet I struggle with any 6trax songs in this beyond the first 4 or so songs. My hands just freeze up and I miss every note.

Kind of disheartening, but I'll keep at it. I felt the same way about P4D at first. I just recognise that was a *lot* easier than most rythm games.

New rhythm games always have a learning curve where it takes time to become used to how the controls work, and to make the reactions to the onscreen prompts automatic. Make sure you spend time with 4 trax songs first, and only move on to 6 trax after you feel comfortable there. Also, make sure you increase the speed - a newcomer might assume that'd make things more difficult, but increasing the speed a bit actually makes the charts easier to read and hence easier to react to.

So I'm enjoying Superbeat a lot, but I need to know - what is the actual objective in this game? How do you make progress? I understand there's a level up system, but so far I've just been mucking about in the stage section playing individual 4trax levels. I feel like I need a goal to aspire to now.

tba

Try any 10/10 6Trax FX track. If you pass it easily with 90+ rating than the game is essentially over. If not return to 4Trax and practice until you can pass the hardest tracks in the game.

FluxWaveZ

So I'm enjoying Superbeat a lot, but I need to know - what is the actual objective in this game? How do you make progress? I understand there's a level up system, but so far I've just been mucking about in the stage section playing individual 4trax levels. I feel like I need a goal to aspire to now.

Finish all the missions in World Tour.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would say 100%ing:

- Beat all World Tour missions
- Reach the max level
- get all DJ icons & key sounds (which is done via missions & leveling anyways)
- i don't know, getting the platinum trophy?

Zareka

New rhythm games always have a learning curve where it takes time to become used to how the controls work, and to make the reactions to the onscreen prompts automatic. Make sure you spend time with 4 trax songs first, and only move on to 6 trax after you feel comfortable there. Also, make sure you increase the speed - a newcomer might assume that'd make things more difficult, but increasing the speed a bit actually makes the charts easier to read and hence easier to react to.
Yeah, I made sure to go over the 4trax versions for a while to acclimate myself first. Increasing the speed helped...a little, I think? Even 2.5 feels lightening fast though.

Half my problem is finding a way to hold the damn Vita, honestly. I can't find a position I can comfortably hit the triggers, sticks and face buttons all at the same time, at least while lying down. Can't wrap my head around stick + face/trigger combos either.

Chances are I'll just need to put another hundred hours in like I did P4D, but I've never been good at speedy, reactioney games. I loved P4D's difficulty because it was juuuuust right for me, but apparently that was hilariously simple for everyone else.

Edit: is there a way to replay songs straight from the results screen instead of quitting back to song select?

Yeah, I made sure to go over the 4trax versions for a while to acclimate myself first. Increasing the speed helped...a little, I think? Even 2.5 feels lightening fast though.

Half my problem is finding a way to hold the damn Vita, honestly. I can't find a position I can comfortably hit the triggers, sticks and face buttons all at the same time, at least while lying down. Can't wrap my head around stick + face/trigger combos either.

Chances are I'll just need to put another hundred hours in like I did P4D, but I've never been good at speedy, reactioney games. I loved P4D's difficulty because it was juuuuust right for me, but apparently that was hilariously simple for everyone else.

I'd suggest using the touchscreen instead of buttons. It's clear that the game was designed for the touchscreen, though it's nice that they put in the button option for those who can't take the former.

Edit: is there a way to replay songs straight from the results screen instead of quitting back to song select?

Don't think so.

Top Bottom