• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBOMBA: Wii U on sale for EUR 129 on preorder on Amazon.it -incoming price drop?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
UPDATE:

...aaaaand it's gone! They've sold out their entire preorder allocation in a couple of hours, will update right away if it becomes available again.

---

OG post:

White 8GB model €129,90, available from Feb 18th, sold and shipped by Amazon themselves (no Marketplace seller's shenanigans here).

Confirmed by a rep, not a price mistake.
Incoming price drop announced at the next Direct? They're not offloading stock, they have none of it and the deal just went up for preorder, it's also not labeled as "Special Promotion" or being part of some specific deal.

Just Dance and Party U, which are Basic model's bundles, are also still close to MSRP.

It honestly seems a great deal if you're only interested in the console for a few of its exclusives, it's not like there's much difference with a 32GB model anyway (I own a Premium model) since at the end of the day if you're going digital you'll still need an external HDD to go with it.
Obviously it comes with the usual 2 years of official Nintendo's EU warranty.

I'm probably going to buy one to gift to my gf.

you can find it here

waiting for "still too much, should be €80 tops

update: only ships to Italy, Vatican and San Marino, could be a restriction coming up directly from Nintendo Italia since they usually ships all kinds of hardware mostly worldwide without a problem. I even got my 3DS from them delivered in the UK a couple of years ago.

Still, I can help a few gaffers out, if needed.

wrowa

I doubt that this is about a price drop, considering that the offered Wii U basic is not actually offered by Nintendo anymore. Amazon getting some remainders would be my bet.

They used to ship to the Netherlands as well, but it seems not to work with this product. That price is great, basically what it should be.

Dash Kappei

Holy shit if this is no mistake!

No mistake, got confirmation by a rep.

It's also on preorder, so they're definitely not clearing stock themselves but maybe Nintendo is.
Although the Just Dance and Wii Party U are pretty recent and they both offer the base 8GB model.

Did they actually issue an official statement that they're discontinuing the 8GB model or we're still going by what Reggie and Iwata mentioned last year about price not being an issue and Premium selling way more than Basic's?
I've probably missed it, would be nice to know for sure (I want the Premium White to come over here!).

Still, I'd jump on this deal if I was only interested in 5 or 6 exclusives.

Son Of D

S¡mon;99873584 said:
€129? I'd consider it for €89 and no more, no thank you, sir.

Was wondering when we'd get a post like this.

Anyway, this is still the only way to get the white model outside of Japan. So if you want a white Wii U jump in.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would get it but they dont ship to Germany....Sucks. Nice price though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Wii U becomes a no brainer at that price point.

Shiggy

Most likely. The 8gb has been effectively discontinued, and I highly doubt Nintendo could afford to offload even the cheaper model at this price.

They recently put some 8GB units into Just Dance and Wii Party bundles as they still have plenty of them on stock. However, as both bundles failed hard, they are still sitting on pile of 8GB units.

Shiggy

I tried 3 different countries within the EU, 0/3 for me. Maybe because it's h/w and thus it has to do with size/weight restrictions? Ugh.

Perhaps you should read the product description:
Spedizione: Questo articolo può essere spedito solo in Italia, San Marino e Città del Vaticano

Probably final stock clearance for the 8 gig

Yep...Amazon needs to offload inventory ASAP to minimize their losses, so Wii U plummets down to rock-bottom prices.

€129 is below any official price cut that Nintendo could afford.

For reference: the 32 GB Nintendo Land bundle is at €227.99 and the Mario & Luigi bundle is €269.99.

Xeno_V

Perhaps you should read the product description:
Spedizione: Questo articolo può essere spedito solo in Italia, San Marino e Città del Vaticano

Yeah, this was a reply to Dash Kappei, I added the quote right after posting.

Yeah odd that they even have 8gb models left. Thought most retailers tried to clear the stock like a year ago for that model

Shiggy

Yep...Amazon needs to offload inventory ASAP to minimize their losses, so Wii U plummets down to rock-bottom prices.

For reference: the 32 GB Nintendo Land bundle is at €227.99 and the Mario & Luigi bundle is €269.99.

As it's a "pre-order", it's probably not Nintendo needing to offload inventory.

Jachaos

This is way into impulse territory right now. If someone is simpy interested in even just a few of 3D World, Smash, Kart, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, X, DK, Windwaker HD, Zombi U, Nintendoland, it's worth it. I know some people who at this price over here would grab one just for Mario Kart and Super Smash.

3Dawg

Banned
I WILL be buying a Wii U within the next couple of months sometime.

What reasons do I have for waiting and going for a premium instead? I know you get some kind of discount on the eshop and obviously slightly bigger internal storage. Is there anything else that may sway me?

Yep...Amazon nthar to offload inventory ASAP to minimize their losses, so Wii U plummets down to rock-bottom prices.

The fact its a "preorder",suggests to me that its Nintendo doing the offloading not amazon

Dash Kappei

They have no stock at the moment nor right when the offer went up a few hours ago.
It's on preorder and starts shipping from February 18 so no, they're not offloading whatever they still have left.

WiiU Basic model bundles with Just Dance and Party U are also still close to MSRP on Amazon.it

What reasons do I have for waiting and going for a premium instead? I know you get some kind of discount on the eshop and obviously slightly bigger internal storage. Is there anything else that may sway me?

I own a Premium but if I had the chance back then I would have jumped on this deal, price difference is too big to ignore. Only reason would be if you think you're going to buy plenty of downloadable games (not the full retail ones, but PSN/XBLA-like titles) or build a big collection of games since you know, updates/patches can be quite big and will fill the storage up quickly.

If you think you're going to buy full retail titles on the digital store you'd need an external HDD anyway, and that can be used with both models so it makes no difference the amount of internal storage you have.

Other than that... color preference?

Frodo

It is the price of two "next-gen" games. No excuses, Euro GAF. Get a cheap external HD and a Y USB cord if you want more storage space.

Go play TW101, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, SM3DW, TLoZ - WW, MoHun3U, Lego City and get your machine ready for DKCTF, SSB4, Bayonetta 2 and X.

Xeno_V

It is the price of two "next-gen" games. No excuses, Euro GAF. Get a cheap external HD and a Y USB cord if you want more storage space.

Go play TW101, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, SM3DW, TLoZ - WW, MoHun3U, Lego City and get your machine ready for DKCTF, SSB4, Bayonetta 2 and X.

It's about ITA-Gaf as it seems.

Frodo

Besides the colour? A few plastic pieces, such as Gamepad stand and Charge cradle, but you don't really need those and you can buy it separately if you feel the need to have them. The Premium promotion is nice, but only if you intend to buy most of your games digitally.

Son Of D

Don't they ship to other countries? :(

Most likely not. I tried checking out using my address in the UK:

untitledpusew.png

I presume it's a "Can't ship to your country" message. If someone from ITA-GAF can translate I'd appreciate it.

Xeno_V

That sucks.
If you want I can buy it for you and arrange shipping.

Thanks a lot but then your inbox will be flooded by Eurogaffers asking for a Wii U. No worries, sooner or later more decent discounts (or even stock clearances) will show up (hopefully).

Dash Kappei

Most likely not. I tried checking out using my address in the UK:

I presume it's a "Can't ship to your country" message. If someone from ITA-GAF can translate I'd appreciate it.

That's what it is. Strange, because they usually ship hardware unless it's marketplace seller. Maybe it's a restriction coming directly from Nintendo Italia.

If you guys need help to order one I'll be happy to help out a *few* of you guys.
Possibly all together so that I can go and ship 'em all on the same day as soon as I get the items on the 20th or whatever the day I actually get 'em.

Top Bottom