• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Superdickery" leaps off the page & into Season 3 of 'Batman: The Brave & the Bold'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sciz said:
Brave and the Bold is everything that has ever been good about every single version of Batman rolled up into 22 minute bits of brilliance. And above and beyond that, it's also dedicated to taking all of the lemons of DC history and making lemonade out of them. Watch it.

Too right. And when it isn't being that, it's just being fucking nuts. See: Day of the Dark Knight.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Normally I can't stand Brave and the Bold but this was an amazing episode.

Tizoc

Sciz said:
Brave and the Bold is everything that has ever been good about DC Comics Universe rolled up into 22 minute bits of brilliance. And above and beyond that, it's also dedicated to taking all of the lemons of DC history and making lemonade out of them. Watch it.

Fixed?
I like to think of this show as a DC superheroes show with Batman along for the ride in most of the eps.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh wait...I'm thinking of The Batman, where Bruce Wayne was replaced by a 16 year old asian boy. I've never actually seen this series. May have to give it a shot.

siddx said:
Oh wait...I'm thinking of The Batman, where Bruce Wayne was replaced by a 16 year old asian boy. I've never actually seen this series. May have to give it a shot.

I actually laughed out loud.

bruce_wayne-char.jpg

JackieChanAdventures.gif

Sciz

Tizoc said:
Fixed?
I like to think of this show as a DC superheroes show with Batman along for the ride in most of the eps.
It's a joy seeing what they do with so many lost and unloved characters, but Batman still almost always manages to steal the show. Bat-Mite and the Joker are really the only ones to consistently give Bats a run for his money. The Music Meister is the only unambiguous winner.

siddx said:
I've never actually seen this series. May have to give it a shot.
If you've ever had fun with comics, it's the show for you.

G-Fex

awesome amazing episode! So much fanservice! I loved it.

It had king fucking tut in it! Wonderful stuff.

Man I'd love a green hornet/batman crossover just like in the original series but that probably wouldn't happen.

Tizoc said:
Ya know there should be an episode dedicated to Jimmy Olsen's dozens of transformations.

Oh and you know what's another great thing about this show?
2ex28t0.jpg

MUTHAFUGGIN JONAH HEX!

Oh and if anyone is interested Demonoid should have the show for your viewing pleasure >o>;;;;;;

Holy shit, he's on a Micronauts horse, too!

http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/micronauts/magnemo-figures/

It's the tail that makes it!

Thanks for posting this-- I love Silver-Age Superman, and this was full of goodness.

My favorite line after "Earthquake!" was Lois "I don't know what he was talking about." after Superman references all her schemes to get him to marry her.

Wish we had Cartoon HD here in Brazil. Really nice episode.
Dog gamn! The voice for Luthor is awesome.

Really like all the "features" of old cartoons in the Scooby episode:
-poor animation
-errors in colouring
-disappearing suit parts
-repetitive backgrounds

Plus: holy crap at Scooby and Shaggy throwing some punches.

Ephemeris

Silver-age Supes is the good stuff. And to echo my previous posts from the B&TB thread:

Ephemeris said:
Superdickery? Batman vs Superman, TDKR style? Krypto awesomeness? Bat Kungfu? Super Ventriloquism ?

BEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME.

Ephemeris said:
The bat manga episode blew my freaking mind. Couldn't believe they would animate it. I had just a few months prior tracked it down and read it. Brave and the bold is something special ; but it doesn't get the respect it deserves...

G-Fex

Wow at those two things.

This show is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

You know I'd love for a Spider-man show to be like this. It'd be wonderful to do with the Marvel universe.

I've been re-watching episodes on youtube. just finished Criss Cross Conspiracy. good stuff. Emperor Joker was great. just to see Batman dying a lot. and I loved Harely Quinn's design. even more than her TAS version (which Bat-Mite was dressed as). and the blatent references, especially to the death of Jason Todd.

Penguin

Glad to see people finally came around to this show. I've been on the boat since episode one when he pulled out a light saber from the bat-belt, you knew it was gonna be something special.

And this episode was all types of awesome. Odd that they skipped airing the end of season 2 though.

Penguin said:
Glad to see people finally came around to this show. I've been on the boat since episode one when he pulled out a light saber from the bat-belt, you knew it was gonna be something special.

And this episode was all types of awesome. Odd that they skipped airing the end of season 2 though.

HEY! I was on since day one too! unfortunitely, I don't have CN in college. :(

just finished Cry Freedom Fighters. they just had to throw in a Captain America reference :lol

Tizoc

From The Dust said:
HEY! I was on since day one too! unfortunitely, I don't have CN in college. :(

just finished Cry Freedom Fighters. they just had to throw in a Captain America reference :lol
What's the Cap reference? =o

Damn, that was fantastic. I've only seen the first 13 episodes or so and that was enough to make me a fan, but this is easily the best of what I've seen.

Ephemeris

Penguin said:
Hell yeah!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Fimbulvetr said:
"Lord Deathman has paid the price for his villainy.... thoughI'msureheparachutedtosaftey."
Huh.

They just did a thing with Lord Deathman in Batman Inc a couple months back.

pulga

Banned
Htown said:
Huh.

Batman Inc is absolutely incredible with all the old school villain/hero throwbacks it's handing out.

Tizoc said:
What's the Cap reference? =o
The part where Major Glory Batman threw the shield and it bounced off of two walls before hitting the king. Very CA

Huh.

Yea, they lifted the villain from Jap!Batman as a reference

Tizoc

So assuming this'll be the new Brave and the Bold thread, here's some info on the upcoming eps.
For starters there will be episodes aired in April, they will be-
An episode featuring Joker (not sure if he'll be the main star though)

An episode based off an issue of the series' comic book, wherein "...Batman gets hurt, his friends Capt Marvel, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Plastic Man attempt to fill his cowl"
Wonder if we'll see the Aqua Signal?

Another ep. will have Batman as a vampire and will feature everyone's fav. Justice League incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom