• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Superdickery" leaps off the page & into Season 3 of 'Batman: The Brave & the Bold'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This episode just proves to me that Silver Age fits Superman soooooooo much better than Batman.

Snake

Witchfinder General said:
All those screen-grabs show is how much better the art of the original comics are compared to the cartoon.
KjQeO.gif

Tizoc

krypt0nian said:
Yes, really. Curt Swan is considered the prime Superman artist pretty much of all time.
25q5hye.jpg

Also Aquaman practically MAKES this show even more awesome/OUTRAGEOUS.

Tizoc said:
25q5hye.jpg

Also Aquaman practically MAKES this show even more awesome/OUTRAGEOUS.

Correct on both points. :)

Curt Swan is the fucking man when it comes to Superman illustrations, and I'm honored to have met him and shook his hand and thanked him before he passed. :bow

krypt0nian said:
Correct on both points. :)

Curt Swan is the fucking man when it comes to Superman illustrations, and I'm honored to have met him and shook his hand and thanked him before he passed. :bow
Lucky son of a...

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I fucking loved this episode. Better than anything animated on television so far.

I can't count how many times I blurred out "oh man, superman's an asshole!"

Cartoon Network UK shows this, Regular Show and Adventure Time back to back daily. FUCK YEAH

This episode is brilliant. I'm too young/out of touch with comics to truly appreciate the superdickery callbacks (although the idea of a superhero putting a cat UP a tree can always be understood), but stuff like the brutal Batman/Superman fight was so cool.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Raxus said:
I feel bad for writing this show off after the horrendous The Batman.

WHAT? The awesome cartoon about Batman setting up THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

That show Fucking rocks.

The Batman had some weird animation. I remember praising it for its story and dark feel but I saw an episode two days ago randomly and I was taken aback at how bad it looked.

But, I must watch more of The Brave and the Bold. Cartoon Network is slaying in the Cartoon genre. Young Justice, Brave and the Bold, Adventure Time, Regular Show? Cot damn.

Mike M

Nick N
Never expected DC to ever acknowledge Superdickery, let alone six years after the meme peaked.

Is this episode available online anywhere? I definitely need to check it out when I get home.

Mike M said:
Never expected DC to ever acknowledge Superdickery, let alone six years after the meme peaked.

Is this episode available online anywhere? I definitely need to check it out when I get home.

It's in the OP.

Jenga

Banned
if a superman brave and the bold spin-off series came out as a result of this, i'd watch the hell out of it

Tizoc

Ya know there should be an episode dedicated to Jimmy Olsen's dozens of transformations.

Oh and you know what's another great thing about this show?
2ex28t0.jpg

MUTHAFUGGIN JONAH HEX!

Oh and if anyone is interested Demonoid should have the show for your viewing pleasure >o>;;;;;;

spindashing said:
But, I must watch more of The Brave and the Bold. Cartoon Network is slaying in the Cartoon genre. Young Justice, Brave and the Bold, Adventure Time, Regular Show? Cot damn.

CN is just disappointing to me animation-wise, they didn't fight for or cancelled Spectacular Spiderman, Boondocks or SymBionic Titan or Brave and the Bold but at least Brave and the Bold will get a decent ending unlike the others

tim1138

This was easily the best episode of Brave and the Bold, as I said in the official thread, this should have been the series finale because no episode will top this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
spindashing said:
The Batman had some weird animation. I remember praising it for its story and dark feel but I saw an episode two days ago randomly and I was taken aback at how bad it looked.
I still think it looks alright. Its more that when Batgirl got introduced it completely went to shit.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Witchfinder General said:
All those screen-grabs show is how much better the art of the original comics are compared to the cartoon.
Yeah, pages from a monthly comic that take a person a day or so apiece to draw have more attention to detail than a a single frame from a weekly cartoon that requires thousands of cels per episode.

It's a real-head-scratcher.

The_Technomancer said:
I still think it looks alright. Its more that when Batgirl got introduced it completely went to shit.

I always hated the artstyle of the show. probably why I never took the time to get into it

Kreed

Ephemeris

Episode of the forever.

Brave and the bold has been a guilty pleasure of mine for a while now. Does someone many things well. Best aquaman ever?

Yes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
krypt0nian said:
Yes, really. Curt Swan is considered the prime Superman artist pretty much of all time.

Too many excess lines for my personal tastes, but eh.

Sciz

Brave and the Bold is everything that has ever been good about every single version of Batman rolled up into 22 minute bits of brilliance. And above and beyond that, it's also dedicated to taking all of the lemons of DC history and making lemonade out of them. Watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom