• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
wasn't that not the real Lobo?

Yeah, they walked him back. Drastically changing Lobo was a mistake. I don't even say that cause I don't care for that design, it just totally missed the point. It would be like trying to do that with Wolverine. The entire appeal is him being hyper masculine, macho, and a little behind the times. Lobo is like a Wolverine & Deadpool in a blender. The second you try to make him hip, the joke is over.

Yeah, they walked him back. Drastically changing Lobo was a mistake. I don't even say that cause I don't care for that design, it just totally missed the point. It would be like trying to do that with Wolverine. The entire appeal is him being hyper masculine, macho, and a little behind the times. Lobo is like a Wolverine & Deadpool in a blender. The second you try to make him hip, the joke is over.

Yeah. Classic Lobo is back:

69bf51b949e2273ddf7217e578bdbc4b.jpg

Sir Doom

Did Jimmy Olsen just did the Deadpool gag. Let me changed to my costume first before rescuing people. Lol

I was looking forward to Alex being blasted to another galaxy at least she'll have a story.

Mon El getting Kara fired for what? The result is pointless, but the writers just needed her out of Catco. Kara balancing her day job was one of the fun thing of season 1

Lena kinda reminds me of younger Brook Shields

They really do a bad job of showcasing Kara's powers. The actress that plays her is scrawny, so they need to really do a good job selling that she's this powerful being but they don't. That's one of the biggest complaints I have of the show.

Joni

They really do a bad job of showcasing Kara's powers. The actress that plays her is scruny, so they need to really do a good job selling that she's this powerful being but they don't. That's one of the biggest complaints I have of the show.
There would be almost nothing on earth allowing her to train. Beefcake Supers are weird.

There would be almost nothing on earth allowing her to train. Beefcake Supers are weird.

Training? Beefcake? You're missing the point. I'm saying that the show does a terrible job of selling how powerful Kara should be. There's no oomph to her blows or displays of overwhelming strength. Flash does a better job of doing that. You need a bigger budget for a show featuring Supergirl.

Setsuna

Training? Beefcake? You're missing the point. I'm saying that the show does a terrible job of selling how powerful Kara should be. There's no oomph to her blows or displays of overwhelming strength. Flash does a better job of doing that. You need a bigger budget for a show featuring Supergirl.

did you see the last episode?

I agree with the lacking power. You either get weak ass hits that CGI someone out a window with messed up physics that don't match or meaty hits that do nothing at all.

caliph95

I think that is problem with the show in general not just Supergirl since half the supers seem to be much more powerful than shown considering Kara's feats and a lot of supers matching her strenght. But outside of some moments all the supers feel barely stronger than MCU Cap.

I think that is problem with the show in general not just Supergirl since half the supers seem to be much more powerful than shown considering Kara's feats and a lot of supers matching her strenght. But outside of some moments all the supers feel barely stronger than MCU Cap.

MCU Cap looks much more impressive than anything we've seen on these DC shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
My assumption has always been that on Earth-CBS, Kryptonians (and Martians) are just far weaker than their comic counterparts. Even the Superman we've seen doesn't seem to be all powerful.

Skunkers

They really do a bad job of showcasing Kara's powers. The actress that plays her is scrawny, so they need to really do a good job selling that she's this powerful being but they don't. That's one of the biggest complaints I have of the show.

I thought she sold the fuck out some of the heat vision scenes in S1 but it seems they aren't having her do that for them anymore this season. Agree the powers look all over the place, but I generally expect that on this shows budget, and just hope to be surprised.

He could have gave her a chance to tell him, she could have been lying to her dad to trap him.

Note, she never says that even after it happened, because it never occurs to her. She got caught.

Her anger is without merit. He basically took her to internal affairs after her issues in the previous episode.

Joni

My wife just informed me that Melissa is dating Chris Wood in real life.
So Nina Dobrev on The Vampire Diaries, Hanna Mangan-Lawrence on Containment and now Melissa Benoist on Supergirl. The question is, how do I become Chris Wood?

I thought he doesn't use it on friends cos it's basically being a mental perv.
Given that he was testing her commitment and loyalty, I think he would make an exception here

I mean he went far enough to pretend to be her dad and lie to her already. A little mind reading for a second seems like hardly pushing the envelope

GulAtiCa

^^^
I think in this case, knowing what is on someone's mind and what they will do in the heat of the moment are totally different. So he had to test her to see how she truly react.

A lot of these points seem willingly to ignore like 70% of the first season of Supergirl, not the mention the differences in format. Why are the two shows even competing in someone's mind anyways?

Same reason people were comparing Arrow & Daredevil 2 years ago. Because their idiots. Though at least the tones of Arrow / Daredevil are more similar. Supergirl and Jessica Jones couldn't be farther apart. lol

But, by god that list is horrible.

Joni

But, by god that list is horrible.

Still, whatever gets people to admit Jessica Jones was bad, is a plus.

Some spoilers: http://tvline.com/2017/03/14/the-flash-season-3-spoilers-savitar-identity-revealed/

Can you tell us anything about Supergirl‘s “Sanvers”? —Emma
During my visit to that CW series’ set, Floriana Lima confirmed, “We’re definitely going to learn a bit more about Maggie and how she came out of that whole ‘coming out’ [experience].” What’s more, in the Monday, March 27 episode, “An ex-girlfriend (played by Cedar Cove‘s Hayley Sales) shows up, and it’s a shocking moment for Maggie to run into her — while Alex is with her,” Lima teased. “We are just walking outside of yoga class, and it was one of those moments where I was like, ‘Yeah, I’ve done that, run into an ex with a new partner!'” Scoop quiz: Now which half of “Sanvers” do you think is dragging the other to yoga?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I agree with #11 and maybe #9. And even the latter I'm not gonna die on a hill for because that's sorta the point. Victims continued to get victimized by the system even after the abuse is over. Supergirl was getting major Feminist Points when Cat Grant was still around. Now? Her absence is noticeable.

Jessica Jones meanders but I think it has a better understanding of what it wants to be. Dark, neo noir, drama, with sprinklings of superhero antics.But I really don't like the idea of comparing them, in my mind. They're both good shows to have around. Having a positive and powerful female role model on tv is nice. And having a severely flawed one is nice too.

ZeroX03

Banned
Leap into action as Mon-El's extremely obvious origins are revealed and a crossover begins on tonight's new Supergirl!

#2.16 "Star-Crossed"

Episode Promo
TERI HATCHER ("DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES," "LOIS & CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN") AND KEVIN SORBO ("HERCULES") GUEST STAR; DARREN CRISS ("GLEE") MAKES HIS DEBUT AS THE MUSIC MEISTER - A new villain (guest star Teri Hatcher) comes to National City, making Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) nervous about meeting the boyfriend's parents. Meanwhile, Winn's (Jeremy Jordan) girlfriend, Lyra (guest star Tamzin Merchant), gets Winn in trouble with the law. Maggie (Floriana Lima) attempts to help Winn but old loyalties get in the way. The Music Meister (Darren Criss) attacks Supergirl. John Medlen directed the episode written by Katie Rose Rogers & Jess Kardos (#216).
spg216c_0231b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom