• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah. Supergirl, Superman, and MM would trivialize any of the other universe's threats.
I mean if their job was to solve literally every problem on the planet. But it's not. Supergirl and MM have aliens and shit to deal with and Superman is busy being Superman.

I mean The Avengers existing doesn't suddenly mean crime and war doesn't.

ZeroX03

Banned
#2.03 "Welcome to Earth" Synopsis
LYNDA CARTER (“WONDER WOMAN”) LANDS IN NATIONAL CITY AS PRESIDENT OLIVIA MARSDIN — An attack is made on the President (guest star Lynda Carter) as hot-button, alien vs. human rights issues heat up in National City. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO are assigned to protect the President and bring in the responsible party. Alex (Chyler Leigh) teams up with Detective Maggie Sawyer (Floriana Lima) to investigate the case while Kara searches for a recently escaped Mon-El (Chris Wood), who she fears may be the alien behind the assault.
*salutes*

Joni

I wonder if they will explain how she let Mon-El escape despite finding him in the last second of the finale

Joni

He would've been held at the DEO prior to escaping? Doesn't say he escaped from the pod.

I hope there is some presence of him in those first couple of episodes to show that. We haven't seen him mentionned, no pictures even. Makes sense with the Superman thing, but Chris Wood is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Superman, Miss Martian, Snapper Carr, Metallo, Maggie Sawyer as well as a musical episode down the line with the Flash plus crossing over with the other shows?

Praise DCTV.

ZeroX03

Banned
I hope there is some presence of him in those first couple of episodes to show that. We haven't seen him mentionned, no pictures even. Makes sense with the Superman thing, but Chris Wood is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

I don't think they knew they were getting Superman at the end of S1. He takes precedence in the first two episodes and marketing.

It still can happen! Barry keeps trying to fix things after Flashpoint and bam! Supergirl is in the same universe.

Rip Hunter had the line "I have seen Men of Steel die, and Dark Knights fall." Which means Superman is supposed to exist in the Arrowverse. He's also an ex-Time Master, so that could be in an erased timeline. Maybe Supergirl and the Arrowverse are seperate worlds because of time fuckery? in that case, there is a team who are supposed to fix that shit ...

Joni

I don't think they knew they were getting Superman at the end of S1. He takes precedence in the first two episodes and marketing.
Of course. They do best make up for it with a lot of Chris wood. We always lose him so fast on the CW.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh uh yeah, I guess I'll do it...

SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT!!

#2.01 "The Adventures of Supergirl"
THE CW HAS A NEW HERO AND SHE’S BRINGING SUPERMAN WITH HER — When a new threat emerges in National City, Kara/Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) teams up with her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin), to stop it. Kara is thrilled to have family in town but it leaves Alex (Chyler Leigh) feeling a bit left out. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) and Supergirl are stunned by the pod that came crashing to Earth. Meanwhile, Wynn (Jeremy Jordan) considers getting into an online argument regarding Superman, but wisely decides to shut his god damn mouth and let people enjoy themselves. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg and Jessica Queller.
spg202a_0016b.jpg

It's gonna be weird actually seeing superman.
I'll miss the boots shots and smiley face txt messages we got from him last season

Mariolee

Chase17

Was hoping to catch up by the premiere but didn't happen.

Thoughts through episode 11.

Cat carries the show. Somewhat worried that she is only recurring character but it will probably make sense by the end of the season.

John John John is fun

Don't like the character of WHIN at all

Everyone else is just kind of ok.

KonradLaw

Was hoping to catch up by the premiere but didn't happen.

Thoughts through episode 11.

Cat carries the show. Somewhat worried that she is only recurring character but it will probably make sense by the end of the season.

John John John is fun

Don't like the character of WHIN at all

Everyone else is just kind of ok.

Stick with Wynn. He gets cool later on.

Something about Family Feud gets me so hyped for the Arrowverse. I feel like the gameshow is part of it at this point. Hahahaha. Excited for the premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom