• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S3 |OT| Long May She Reign - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

The only decent looking DC show OT of this season.

Congrats, Odysseus!

full

3M60B9n.gif

:D

DonShula

4 shows! Its in the OP! :p

Supergirl is on another Earth but she shows up in the crossovers

Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl

All connected...
heroes-vs-aliensgif.gif

though we still don't have the final word on Black Lightning. They say no, but Supergirl wasn't supposed to be originally and they made it work.

And Flash/Supergirl are like the best fucking pair of buds on-screen
flash-supergirl.jpg

Thanks! My daughter is going to be delighted by this.

I want to be in for this, but I struggled getting through last season due to the weak side characters aside from Lena and Alex. I couldn't stand Mon-El, and the show has just been plodding with not enough highs for me. I'll wait for GAF reactions to see if this season is any better. Plus, Benoist is too adorkable in the role for me to completely give up on Supergirl.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yay for Yael. I assume she got to do this because JtV shoots two months after everything else on The CW so she had spare time. Might make recurring a challenge sadly.

Joni

Yay for Yael. I assume she got to do this because JtV shoots two months after everything else on The CW so she had spare time. Might make recurring a challenge sadly.
Let's hope they can work it out being on the same network. It will mainly be the distance that is the problem. Jane films in LA right?

ZeroX03

Banned
Let's hope they can work it out being on the same network. It will mainly be the distance that is the problem. Jane films in LA right?

Yes Jane films in LA and just started a few weeks back (whereas Yael's stuff here would've been filmed a couple of months ago). They might be able to fit an episode in during downtime, being on different schedules. The CW will share as long as both shows agree, they even managed with Supergirl on CBS.

Black Lightning is going to struggle being Atlanta based, actors go in and out of LA constantly, less so Atlanta. That and the Akils are just kind of whatever to Arrowverse stuff. Shame since it would've fit into Supergirl's Earth well, with superheroes already existing and all.

ZeroX03

Banned
She's back tonight!

#3.01 "Girl of Steel"
S3 Trailer
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF YOU — Kara (Melissa Benoist) deals with the loss of Mon-El (Chris Wood) and the realization that James (guest star Mehcad Brooks) has been gone for months by focusing all her energy on being Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex (Chyler Leigh) confesses a secret to Maggie (guest star Floriana Lima) about their impending nuptials. A citizen of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena (Katie McGrath) makes a bold move. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Robert Rovner and Caitlin Parrish (#301).
Or1nTHG.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
Probably won't bother to really keep up with this show, maybe just watch the crossover episodes or something, but if it's noticeably better and/or Kara and Lena hook up, I'm back in.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I love that Injustice 2 has the ability to real time add content that coincides with what's happening in current DC media...

Just took this screen grab from the Multiverse section...

‘Supergirl’ Boss on Season 3: Kara ‘Has Never Been More Powerful’

Nice little tidbit if it wasn't known before

When it came to beginning to plan for this year’s crossover, what were you thinking when you realized you had to juggle a true four-show story, along with pulling off Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris’ (Candice Patton) wedding, while also topping the alien invasion from last season?

If we ever had correctly guessed how hard these crossovers would be we never would have done them. The biggest problem with the crossovers are we learn so much doing them, but then the next time around we make it bigger – so whatever we learned is helpful but there are now all these other things that we weren’t anticipating. This year is the first year it’s a true four-part story, and it really does hold together as a four hour mini-series, and for that we’re really proud and excited. I’m more concerned about what the hell we’re going to do next year, but I remember thinking last year “what the hell are we going to do next year?” and somehow we came up with something that we’re really excited about.

Sounds like it won't just be 2 minutes in Supergirl's part of the crossover

ZeroX03

Banned
‘Supergirl’ Boss on Season 3: Kara ‘Has Never Been More Powerful’

Nice little tidbit if it wasn't known before

Sounds like it won't just be 2 minutes in Supergirl's part of the crossover

They were telling us as of last crossover that this one would be a proper four show event. They also said they’re not trying to distinguish each show, so the Arrow ep of the crossover won’t feature a heavy focus on Arrow cast for example. It’s one four hour story where ostensibly you can’t tell what show you’re watching (although I wonder how true that will be).

I’m also thinking Oliver might get sidelined in it because Amell seems to have been filming a lot less this crossover than the last few but maybe it’s a coincidence.

JApLWZL.gif

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They were telling us as of last crossover that this one would be a proper four show event. They also said they’re not trying to distinguish each show, so the Arrow ep of the crossover won’t feature a heavy focus on Arrow cast for example. It’s one four hour story where ostensibly you can’t tell what show you’re watching (although I wonder how true that will be).

I’m also thinking Oliver might get sidelined in it because Amell seems to have been filming a lot less this crossover than the last few but maybe it’s a coincidence.

Awesome

WedgeX

Banned
My wife: "old guy, white, capitalist. Bad guy!"

Also:

Real estate business, hates poor people, fake news believing...

Top Bottom