• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S3 |OT| Long May She Reign - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Cool shot of her up there in the sky.
Nice dive and underwater action. Ouch.

Uh...wow mom...

Yeah! Shove that torpedo back in and lift the hole thing, nice!

And now begins her hatred of Supergirl!

Where's Momoa when we need him??!! Damn!!!! Another great feat for Supergirl, and this time it's even more impressive because she was underwater. Holy shit, you go girl!!

I got to watch live, wheee! I also apparently missed subbing to this OT.

So the mom is
Reign
? I knew when they gave her a speaking part she was going to be something more than just a bit part.

oh this parts getting me ��

LMAO. I was literally cutting onions an hour ago but that still applies:

Who is cutting onions in here?! ��

They have a reputation to uphold, dammit! Lol

Also those aren't even full shots

Some nice action moments in the premiere, the visual of Supergirl lifting the submarine was pretty good.

It makes sense Kara would still be dealing with the events of last season, but Melissa Benoist is so great at playing cheerful/optimistic I hope we get a return of that in the future.

The relationship between J'onn and Alex/Karra has been a strong suit for the show, great scene.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hesitant about linking to AV Club after the awful redesign, but I still like the writers so...

AV Club: B+
#3.02 "Triggers" Promo (
Yael in all that leather!
)

My thoughts: Yay emo Supergirl. That worked out really well for Flash. Yes what separates her from Clark is a repressed rage and a slightly more pragmatic nature but don't have that devour the character.

Erica Durance doesn't have the same mature, motherly look that Laura Benanti has. I thought Kara was going to kiss her in that opening sequence good grief. Also Erica doesn't even get a special guest credit.

Poor Adrian Pasdar can't top Rutger Hauer's Morgan Edge. But I wouldn't expect him to. Lena's roast on his charisma was great.

Katie McGrath still can't keep her accent or attraction to Melissa hidden. She bought CatCo as a relationship gift ffs.

Poor Odette playing Davis Bloome. Her scream acting wasn't great.

Statue wasn't as bad as Laurel's on Arrow at least.

Show still not subtle about Trump hate. Good.

Episode was okay overall. Show still isn't quite sure what it is, but it has a handle on Alex, Maggie and J'onn at least. Winn is full time comic relief now I suppose? Basically... the show needs Mon-El back.

I can't believe Morgan Edge is in this!

I am torn. I feel for Kara and her losing her mom and her boyfriend but...I hated Mon-el! Part of me is like, who cares about Mon-el. But whatever.

Nice to see Erica Durance (best live action Lois ever) on a DC superhero show again!

MartyStu

I spent years being mystified by waifu culture.

Then I met Lena Luthor.

I get it now. I also think I now understand moe too.

Hesitant about linking to AV Club after the awful redesign, but I still like the writers so...

AV Club: B+
#3.02 "Triggers" Promo (
Yael in all that leather!
)

My thoughts: Yay emo Supergirl. That worked out really well for Flash. Yes what separates her from Clark is a repressed rage and a slightly more pragmatic nature but don't have that devour the character.

Erica Durance doesn't have the same mature, motherly look that Laura Benanti has. I thought Kara was going to kiss her in that opening sequence good grief. Also Erica doesn't even get a special guest credit.

Poor Adrian Pasdar can't top Rutger Hauer's Morgan Edge. But I wouldn't expect him to. Lena's roast on his charisma was great.

Katie McGrath still can't keep her accent or attraction to Melissa hidden. She bought CatCo as a relationship gift ffs.

Poor Odette playing Davis Bloome. Her scream acting wasn't great.

Statue wasn't as bad as Laurel's on Arrow at least.

Show still not subtle about Trump hate. Good.

Episode was okay overall. Show still isn't quite sure what it is, but it has a handle on Alex, Maggie and J'onn at least. Winn is full time comic relief now I suppose? Basically... the show needs Mon-El back.

You were so right, and then the last thing you said was oh so wrong.

Mon-El was a plague on the show and I am super happy that he is now gone. Whoever the writers pair Kara with next NEEDS to be much better thought out and written than the last 3 attempts.

ZeroX03

Banned
You were so right, and then the last thing you said was oh so wrong.

Mon-El was a plague on the show and I am super happy that he is now gone. Whoever the writers pair Kara with next NEEDS to be much better thought out and written than the last 3 attempts.

Mon-El isn't gone, his name is right there in the main credits. He's
in the future with The Legion of Super-Heroes and will be returning

Mon-El is funny as hell and it works in a way that none of the other characters really come close to. Even Winn can't do it all alone. Plus I need him in a full superhero outfit. It's the Felicity conundrum over on Arrow. They're fine as a couple, it's the relationship drama and the heavy character focus when they're apart that's the issue.

chris_wood_mon_el_transparent__by_savagecomics-dal02kn.png

So the second gif is straight up Superman Returns, right? Along with the machine gun guy?

Yep that was a Returns reference. My favorite is still:

tumblr_mldjejcHcD1rp0vkjo2_400.gif

supergirl_1x8_gif.gif

Top Bottom