Supergirl (TV show) - These social justice and feminism clip compilations are hilarious

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
It's not necessarily political, but you know a lot of people in Off-Topic would complain that it is so I figured I'd save a mod from having to inevitably move it over here anyway.

Some of the clips in these compilations are funny as hell. Pick out your favorite quotes!

Dec 29, 2008
The current season sucks but I thought they handled alex coming out as gay super well. Probably the least cringy "i think im gay' on tv... but this is probably because Alex and her girl are both hot so this thought process doesn't make me very progressive.... shit was hot tho.

Aug 3, 2010
Just watched the first one and got a good laugh lol.

Paraphrasing from memory, but I lol'd at "If there was a god (tips fedora), she wouldn't let this happen"
lol one of them had a woman being asked about the old phrase, "behind every great man is a powerful woman" and she replies, "I wouldn't know. I've never stood behind any man."

May 17, 2018
For a TV show they really tried to give some interesting villains to fight. I appreciate their efforts. Where it fails is those snuggle up on coach crying sessions.

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Looking forward to a bunch in Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel wasn't written by the Supergirl writers.

I have more faith in Captain Marvel than I do in Supergirl. Supergirl is a trash show. Even Jawiin and the other comic-book TV show review podcasts on YouTube don't like it. And Jawiin is a HUGE Superman fan.

They did a great job with Superman on Elseworlds crossover but I could do without the hamfisted attempts at REMINDING US that Supergirl is a girl. If not for J'onn J'onnz and Brainiac 5, the show would have been cancelled already.

I wonder if this is the last season.

Dec 2, 2010
I knew the show was headed to the dumpster from the initial casting so none of this surprises me . I watched the first episode with their shitty version of Superman and haven't touched it since.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Looking forward to a bunch in Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel wasn't written by the Supergirl writers.

I have more faith in Captain Marvel than I do in Supergirl. Supergirl is a trash show. Even Jawiin and the other comic-book TV show review podcasts on YouTube don't like it. And Jawiin is a HUGE Superman fan.

Yeah I don’t expect Captain Marvel to be over the top feminism. Not every female lead film goes all out with the “hear me roar!”

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
This is sad.

I love Supergirl in Injustice and my daughter loves to see me playing with her. I was tempted to watch the show... maybe I'll watch it for the shits and giggles now.

Edit: after watching, Cara from Injustice 2 would make this sitcom Supergirl her bitch in 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2010
Another hilarious clip from one of these is when Supergirl beats up Superman and then they are discussing it afterward. Supergirl suggests that (something) may have weakened him before the fight, but he says, "No. I was at full strength and you beat me!" The music picks up and the camera starts closing in her surprised face. Just perfect.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017
Oh no. A show targeted at teenage girls has positive messages for said audience. Look out it's dangerous!
Did you actually watch the videos, it's not "Girls are as good as boys"
It's "If you're not a democrat you're evil and woman are better than men"

I'd rather not have kids watch something that's essentially propaganda.

Nov 26, 2006
Yeah they are really trying hard to put everything in the CW shows to make SJW happy. Especially in Supergirl. In the new season Supergirl is fighting this group who want to get rid of all the Aliens and these guys are always screaming "Earth First"...
Oh and also the new girl that showed up at Supergirls workplace is Transgender because that's what the show really needed right now. Not better storys or something. Nah.

But SJW are still not happy

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

But I still keeping watching because I somehow like this stupid show :goog_geek:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2013
Ya'll want a non SJW show, watch Cobra Kai show brings the lols.
You know, that's actually a really good show. Maybe it's because I grew up on the original movie so they did a good job giving alternate perspectives.

But even the current youth IdPol climate was handled with more subtlety and nuance in that show. At least the scenarios were more believable, rather than the over exaggerated borderline parody injection that's in certain CW shows.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
"The only thing they hate more than a Mexican is a homosexual."

LMAO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Mexico

A 2013 Pew Research Center opinion survey showed that 61% of Mexicans believed homosexuality should be accepted by society, while 30% believed it should not.
http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/05/5-homosexuality-gender-and-religion/

Seven-in-ten now say homosexuality should be accepted by society, compared with just 24% who say it should be discouraged by society. The share saying homosexuality should be accepted by society is up 7 percentage points in the past year and up 19 points from 11 years ago.
So the US is both more accepting of homosexuality than Mexico AND is less discouraging of it. I agree with Supergirl - looks like we need to build a wall to keep the homophobes out!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2010
"The only thing they hate more than a Mexican is a homosexual."

LMAO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Mexico

http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/05/5-homosexuality-gender-and-religion/

So the US is both more accepting of homosexuality than Mexico AND is less discouraging of it. I agree with Supergirl - looks like we need to build a wall to keep the homophobes out!
It is interesting how far they will go to push an agenda on shows like this. And the kinds of people who unironically watch this tripe don't question things that are presented to them, so now it's just a fact that Mexicans and homosexuals are hated in America. And they will go on forums and present that newly learned fact everywhere they can because they're the allies.

Last edited: