• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superhot VR sold better than Superhot

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Present at the Reboot Develop 2019 conference in Croatia last week, Tomasz Kaczmarczyk of Superhot Studio told MIXED that Superhot VR sold 800,000 copies across all platforms (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR). A remarkable performance when you officially know that only one VR game has exceeded one million sales: Beat Saber.

This VR version has generated more revenue than the classic version, and will be ported to Oculus Quest when the headset is available next May.

Deserved imo, we tried the game with friends when I had the Rift, can not let go until we finished the game in stride.

Vlaphor

Superhot is a good game, but kinda short to be honest.
Superhot VR is a VR killer app that anyone who has a headset should own.

Not surprising to see Superhot VR doing so well.

I have both, I bought the "flat" version again, so my GF can play it on her own at her apartment. And yes VR is such a better experience. It is so addictive, everyone who tried it at my home had just a hard time putting it down.

Makariel

I've gotten annoyed with the flat version that I asked for a refund on steam. Maybe I should have another look in VR?

Calibos

Played a bunch of this with a controller on Xbox...great game.

I am not surprised at all that it sold a bunch on VR. There was a lack of great VR titles when this launched and it was a showpiece for VR's functionality. Kudos to the Dev for making such an inventive and fun FPS!

Verdanth

Played the standard version a couple of years back. Pretty cool but I always wondered was this would be in VR.

Have to get it for PS4 someday.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't like the flat version very much. It looked really cool leading up to its release, but it just didn't grab me. The VR version was fucking sweet, though.

No surprise, Superhot VR is spectacular, que yourself up a 'Matrix-inspired' playlist on Spotify and its one of the best experiences you'll have in PSVR.

Toecutter

Yup, definite killer app for VR for me. Simple & intuitive controls combined with some really cool gameplay.

And some of the best VR gunplay outside of too-arcadey on rails shooters & too-simulationey 'reload the gun yourself' military shooters.

Superhot VR is incredible. I can't even imagine how it would feel played without VR and motion controls. Superhot VR is the game that makes you really feel like you want a large hall to play VR in.

Top Bottom