• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Doom_Bringer said:
these are probably from the TGS build. I don't think they show any improvements... lets wait and see what happens

Nero looks like a re-colour so far. :) Treat these like the Halo 3 shots (alpha-stuff) - final will look much better 100%.

3cf3436cea1277c3ae227b239e1c64b6.jpg

*thumbs-up*

Awesome image composition.

Aaron

dillenger said:
New to me. Nero's character model looks really nice,but i think the enviorments could still use some work.
The setting itself is fine. It's the flat lighting that's killing the image though. With some dynamic lighting, those pics would be killer.

Those aren't new. They are just specific screen-caps from the TGS trailer (which has not been released in a proper HD direct-feed form yet).

Capcom, specifically said (in december) that the next time you'll see concrete new information on DMC4 is in the spring. So, the game will be in the shadows for quite some time now.

EDIT: In fact, they are actually older than TGS (well, at least the gameplay shots) Look at the HUD, for TGS and the more recent post-TGS screens, the HUD has been updated into a more mechanical look as opposed to the simpler / cleaner look you see on those screen DoomBringer posted.

Looks like sex nonetheless.

DantesWrath said:
I don't know but those shots look cleaner to me, maybe it's the new lighting?

Anyway, boner boner! I'm excited!

They only look cleaner is because they are captured from a the TGS trailer that appears to be direct-feed, as far as I know, a full quality direct-feed TGS trailer has never been released. (see?)

0112.jpg

According to a Sven (capcom US employee) who posted at the official forums, the next time to expect a major DMC4 update is April 12th -- Capcom's gamers day. Also, when asked regarding the DMC PSP game, he responded with a "I can't comment on DMC for PSP because the title has already been officially announced."

So apparently, the project hasn't been canceled, despite being announced for production back in E3 2004.

XSamu

Banned
C- Warrior said:
According to a Sven (capcom US employee) who posted at the official forums, the next time to expect a major DMC4 update is April 12th -- Capcom's gamers day.
Prediction:
DMC4 port for Xbox 360 late 2007. But the PS3 version will be timed exclusive and have better gfx (so they claim)
C- Warrior said:
Also, when asked regarding the DMC PSP game, he responded with a "I can't comment on DMC for PSP because the title has already been officially announced."

So apparently, the project hasn't been canceled, despite being announced for production back in E3 2004.
Hope they use Nero for this one too :)

Yoboman

XSamu said:
Prediction:
DMC4 port for Xbox 360 late 2007. But the PS3 version will be timed exclusive and have better gfx (so they claim)

(neutral) XSamu
Xbothawk Down
(Today, 09:29 AM)

LJ11

XSamu said:
So predictable... Anyway, I never rly liked the previous Devil May Cry games. I'm just saying the obvious.

Well DMC4 is scheduled for a late '07, early '08 release on the PS3, so your observation is a little off.

kenta

Has no PEINS
XSamu said:
Do we know anything about the PSP game? The GameSpot placeholder says it's a port of the original but that's the only place I've seen that mentioned. Anyone know anything more?

Tharkûn

Banned
Sven and the rest of Capcom USA is totally Xbox so the mere fact that they pay DMC4 any attention would suggest a 360 version is going to be announced.

KTallguy

Banned
I can't wait for this game. Although the build I played at TGS was a little early, I've been assured that the game is shaping up to be just as fast and furious as DMC3!! :D

Defuser said:
:lol You don't look excited

DMC4 was the game that was going to force me to buy a PS3.

Now that it's coming to 360, I won't have a desire to get a PS3 (at least for QUITE SOME TIME) which means no MGS4.

Also, I really hope the game is very much optimized for all consoles. DMC4 is a 60 fps game -- this is a risky business capcom.

*hugs xbox 360*

Xbox 360 = action games for hardcore gamers (NG2, DMC4)

PS3 = action games for casual gamers (GoW3, HS)

Everyone wins.

_leech_ said:
Was the bump really necessary? Now we're going to end up with two threads about the same thing.

This is the official thread -- made when the game was announced, and continue when the game comes out. This thread will live until the game comes out and months after, the megaton thread will die off about a week from now.

XSamu

Banned
02-27-2007:
Yoboman said:
XSamu said:
Prediction:
(neutral) XSamu
Xbothawk Down
(Today, 09:29 AM)
XSamu said:
So predictable... Anyway, I never rly liked the previous Devil May Cry games. I'm just saying the obvious.
LJ11 said:
Well DMC4 is scheduled for a late '07, early '08 release on the PS3, so your observation is a little off.

:lol :lol :lol

This game doesn't look that impressive to me. I mean, the graphics animation have nothing on Lair or Heavenly Sword, and the gameplay looks pretty cut and paste EXACTLY the same. Throw in some vehicles or something.

Yama

C- Warrior said:
Xbox 360 = action games for hardcore gamers (NG2, DMC4)

PS3 = action games for casual gamers (GoW3, HS)

So DMC4 suddenly is not a PS3 game and Sigma doesn't exist. Selective listing FTL.

XSamu

Banned
Yama said:
So DMC4 suddenly is not a PS3 game and Sigma doesn't exist. Selective listing FTL.
Yeah the PS3 still has more titels. But Ninja Gaiden Sigma is not even rly a new game. Yeah it has some new chapters, but you play as Rachel.

Narag

underfooter said:
This game doesn't look that impressive to me. I mean, the graphics animation have nothing on Lair or Heavenly Sword, and the gameplay looks pretty cut and paste EXACTLY the same. Throw in some vehicles or something.

Devil May Sunshine with a FLUDD unit. Yeah sometimes these things really are extraneous. Needless to say I'm excited for DMC4!

J-Rzez

Yama said:

It's sad isn't it? I'd personally look at it as HS, DMC, NG, and GoW... that's a nice line up for action games...

xaosslug

XSamu said:
Yeah the PS3 still has more titels. But Ninja Gaiden Sigma is not even rly a new game. Yeah it has some new chapters, but you play as Rachel.

um... have you seen the screens?! It certainly looks like a new game. :lol

XSamu

Banned
xaosslug said:
Lol you're asking me if I've seen the screens? Quite funny.

But yeah, I mean it has new weapons new enemy's etc. And I'd love to get my hands on it, but not everyone who played Ninja Gaiden (Black) on Xbox already will have the same opinion as me. I mean yeah there might be new weapons, new enemy's etc, but the game still is pretty much the same, same levels, same areas same story etc.

p3tran

Banned
xaosslug said:

yeah.... a new game... but only if you are playstation-only.
kind of new like oblivion new. but older. :)

still (IMO) ninja gaiden sigma and oblivion are the two best titles for ps3 though.

LJ11

XSamu said:
02-27-2007:

I never said that a 360 version wasn't going to be released. My only contention was that the game probably won't be released this year on any platform. But hey, whatever makes you happy.

XSamu

Banned
LJ11 said:
I never said that a 360 version wasn't going to be released. My only contention was that the game probably won't be released this year on any platform. But hey, whatever makes you happy.
Uhu sure :)

xaosslug

XSamu said:
Lol you're asking me if I've seen the screens? Quite funny.

But yeah, I mean it has new weapons new enemy's etc. And I'd love to get my hands on it, but not everyone who played Ninja Gaiden (Black) on Xbox already will have the same opinion as me. I mean yeah there might be new weapons, new enemy's etc, but the game still is pretty much the same, same levels, same areas same story etc.

that's the thing though, it's a repackaged, relabeled, upgrade of an IP that never existed in the PS library... so, essentially, considering the audience, it's a new game. I mean 'If you haven't played it, it's new to you!' amirite? ;p

XSamu

Banned
xaosslug said:
that's the thing though, it's a repackaged, relabeled, upgrade of an IP that never existed in the PS library... so, essentially, considering the audience, it's a new game. I mean 'If you haven't played it, it's new to you!' amirite? ;p
Well yeah if you look at it like that.. it depends on the audience. I mean, considering the fact that the Xbox 360 at the same time has Ninja Gaiden 2...

rjcc

Dahbomb said:
FACTS

[/B]
*Devil May Cry 4 will be Playstation 3 EXCLUSIVE

thanks for the post tho, now that its coming to 360, I'm actually going to take a look at the trailers.

xaosslug

XSamu said:
Well yeah if you look at it like that.. it depends on the audience. I mean, considering the fact that the Xbox 360 at the same time has Ninja Gaiden 2...

NG2 is coming Summer/Fall? What?!? ;p

Dahbomb

rjcc said:

thanks for the post tho, now that its coming to 360, I'm actually going to take a look at the trailers.

I don't feel like changing the original post, some MOD should do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom