• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERMAN VS BATMAN delayed until May 6th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Howard Kazanjian on "Return of the Jedi" secrecy...

During the entire production, only three full and complete scripts existed. George Lucas's, Director Richard Marquand's, and mine. Richard continually wrote in his and it got quite beat up. I do not believe it existed much after production. Until years later when scripts were printed for other reasons, George and my scripts were the only full and original copies.

Crew members did rally around and keep any secrets they did know. We all wanted to surprise the waiting audience. When shooting in the United States we called the film Blue Harvest. Camera slates, invoices, hotel reservations, call sheets, production reports and crew hats and T-shirts all read Blue Harvest. So when a visitor would ask what are you shooting and we said "Blue Harvest," they went on their way. Can you imagine what would have happened, if we had said, "we're shooting the next film in the Star Wars trilogy?"

In postproduction, Ian Bryce, who was then one of my production assistants, sneaked into my office and carefully removed my script from my desk He substituted another look-alike script from my desk. Ian's plan was to have my script nicely leather-bound and embossed and then presented to me on my birthday. He had left a note on the false script in my drawer not to panic, but to see Ian. When I opened the gift, I smiled, and then laughed, because the script I had locked in my' desk was a fake script. Ian had bound a fake script!

Even the cast were not told about certain scenes until the day they were to shoot them. And then only the actor reading the line would get that information. Darth Vader (David Prowse) never got any information. For delicate information lines he would simply count 1-2-3-4, or read a fictitious line similar in character to the real dialogue. Only at the ADR (dialogue looping) session with James Earl Jones would James then be given the line. When it came time to shoot the removal of Vader's helmet, a very small second unit crew with George Lucas directing, photographed Sebastian Shaw playing the aged and dying Darth Vader.

Alienous

Time for some possible bullshit. These are rumors I've heard from someone that got fired from the production recently (like the past week). Take this with a grain of salt though, folks. Seriously. Please note that there are some major spoilers here if any of it is true.

The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo

Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city

Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish

Jason Momao is definitely up for Aquaman

Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.

Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.

Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them

The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton's

Lois is investigating Lex.

Metallo "kills" Clark

The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes

At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.

My source is someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned (apparently a bunch of them were fired). I confirm nothing. Just passing along what I heard. Take it with the proper amount of salt.
#

Metallo, eh?

This was my take on what should happen, at least in the beginning. Circa 5 months ago:

Borrowing from Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

We are presented with a Metropolis in the process of being rebuilt. Most infrastructure has been returned to the city, but the centre of the city is still cordoned off. Lex Luthor has sponsored the rebuilding of Metropolis, with Wayne Industries vying to help get the city back on its feet.

Lex Luthor is giving a speech about the dangers of Superman. We see quite a few supporters of Lex, people who have lost loved ones due to the events of Man of Steel. Lex Luthor believes that Superman is a danger; a rogue vigilante who is extremely dangerous. Unlike Gotham, Metropolis doesn't need vigilante, he proclaims.

He receives a call from one of the LexCorp scientists. A strange fragment of a radioactive substance was found in the center of Metropolis. Lex Luthor finds it interesting, "it's a piece of Earth that appears to have been fully tereformed" he is told. Luthor and his team decide to investigate the Indian site, the other place that was subject to the world engine. As they travel closer to the site, then find strange plants. From the same planet as the invaders, and Superman, it seems. They have grown from the tereformed soil of Earth. They travel further, and the plants are dying ... as they travel closer to the tereformed area, more of the Kryptonian life is dead. In the center there is a green glow. The same as that of the shard found in Metropolis. A Geiger counter explodes after being pointed at it, "No, sir, it's dangerous. You can't ...". Luthor ignores this person, and picks up one of the pieces of Krypton. He waves it around, seeing the Kryptonian life around him shrink and almost reel in pain as he got closer. He tells his team to put it in a container, and fly it back to Krypton. He keeps a slither for himself.

That night he is meeting Bruce Wayne for dinner. They celebrate a successful reconstructive project. Bruce is a scruffy looking gentleman, swaying as he seemingly has had too much to drink. Lex Luthor, being a genius, is aware of Bruce Wayne's dual life. Bruce Wayne seemingly knows that Lex Luthor knows his identity. The discussion shifts to Superman. "He's a vigilante Bruce ... a vigilante that kills". Bruce's eyes become more serious. "We can't have him policing the world. Who is he to decide who lives or dies. If he'll kill one of his own, imagine what he thinks of us. If he thinks of us. To him, it might be like stepping on an ant". "What do we do about it" Bruce says somberly. Lex Luthor reaches into his pocket, for a lead lined container. He hands Bruce the container. "Our scientists think that this could stop him. I think that it would be in our mutual best interests if he was stopped".

Batman goes out that night to attract Superman. He fires an IR signal into the air, which Superman picks up on immediately. Superman looks at Batman, confused. "Wait, you're that nut from Gotham. I can't have vigilantism in my town". "Your town?" Batman replies "You're unchecked. You're dangerous. And you're willing to kill. I can't let you operate like that". Superman flies slowly to Batman "I don't want to have to stop you ... Bruce Wayne?". "You peeked" Batman replies, pulling a glowing green rock from his pocket. Superman keels over in pain, and Batman gives him a solid punch. Superman drops to he's knees, trying to deflect Batman's gadgetry while clutching at his chest. "Declare your loyalties" Batman says to Superman, who is lying almost unconscious. "If you don't, I'll have to put you down myself"

Lex Luthor begins building an anti-Kryptonian robot. Fueled by the reserves of 'Kryptonite' found in India, it is designated Metallo.

That was before it became a Justice League movie. I hope they do at least try to have a cohesive element to the Man of Steel series, tying this next film to the previous.

Rumours this early are 200% bullshit. Hell, legit spoilers couldn't even leak DURING tdkr's filming. Remember Bruce landing a private jet on a motorway, Bane kidnapping a saudi prince, Alfred dying, earthquake machines....? Not to be a negative nancy,.

Rumours this early are 200% bullshit. Hell, legit spoilers couldn't even leak DURING tdkr's filming. Remember Bruce landing a private jet on a motorway, Bane kidnapping a saudi prince, Alfred dying, earthquake machines....? Not to be a negative nancy,.

Well, it helps that Nolan films are extremely locked tight.

Downhome

There is a major rumor going around in Hollywood right now that Ben Affleck may have to pull out of Superman vs. Batman due to a health issue. I have no clue if it's true, I don't see it on any of the news sites or anything, but someone I am friends with that has connections is saying that is the word going around. Don't take this as fact, take it as a rumor, but who knows.

There is a major rumor going around in Hollywood right now that Ben Affleck may have to pull out of Superman vs. Batman due to a health issue. I have no clue if it's true, I don't see it on any of the news sites or anything, but someone I am friends with that has connections is saying that is the word going around. Don't take this as fact, take it as a rumor, but who knows.

I hope it's nothing too serious, but it would be a good time to make MoS2 instead and focus on a new Batman flick later on if it is true of course.

Id rather they just make a Man of Steel 2, and stop trying to copy the Avengers.

Pretty much. They've only just managed to successfully reboot Superman. Build on that success with a couple of sequels and only then attempt to merge the universes.

Stop trying to get scooped onto Latino Review man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom