• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supporting this site with my books

sircaw

Banned
Hello everyone.

I recently spoke to EviLore EviLore about posting links to my books on this site.

If people don't know, I am an indy author that particularly loves writing short stories.
I have a collection of short story books on Amazon for sale, in both e-book and softcover versions.

Recently, EviLore EviLore asked for help with funding/financial help for this site as it is struggling with costs. ( i was a really bad boy, I had an ad blocker on)

I do love this site very much and have made a lot of friends on it.(Most are unfortunately banned atm) "lollipop_disappointed:

I am not a rich person by any means, and cannot support Patreon, with that in mind i have decided that for the foreseeable future, i will offer any sales of my books in terms of profit to this site.

When I say proceeds/profits. I mean the entire lot, all money made will go to Neogaf.

My books sell for around 99cents for an ebook and 6, 99 for a softcover.

Once Amazon takes their cut, I receive around 35 cents per e-book and 2,50 per book sale.(profit varies per region.)

Amazon payments come in once every few months and whatever I make after their cut, i will convert said profits to gold and will gift it to random members on this site.

What do I get out of this?

Besides helping the site, i also have the satisfaction of people reading my works, i might even get an honest review on Amazon, good or bad, it's all good. ( That is my full disclosure)

So if you want to support the site, and love reading short stories, please consider buying a book or two, or 5000.

I will be listing my books here,

USA Amazon.

Uk Amazon

I am really proud of the works i have created and hope you take the time to read them.

Thanks again.

Neogafs local Fish.
xxxx

Ps, could one of the mods sticky this, so its not lost, i am not sure if i was meant to do that or not,( Technically an idiot) "lollipop_disappointed:

Sales made for the site so far

Royalties Earned (What's this?)

MarketplaceCurrencyeBook RoyaltyPaperback RoyaltyHardcover RoyaltyTotal Royalty
Amazon.comUSD2.1020.980.0023.08
Amazon.co.ukGBP0.004.380.004.38
Amazon.deEUR0.002.990.002.99

I will list people that i gift golds to here below.

People that have received Gold

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping
DaleinCalgary DaleinCalgary
Magic Carpet Magic Carpet
PropellerEar PropellerEar
Lone Wolf Lone Wolf
Kuranghi Kuranghi

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Hello everyone.

I recently spoke to EviLore EviLore about posting links to my books on this site.

If people don't know, I am an indy author that particularly loves writing short stories.
I have a collection of short story books on Amazon for sale, in both e-book and softcover versions.

Recently, E Evil Lore asked for help with funding/financial help for this site as it is struggling with costs. ( i was a really bad boy, I had an ad blocker on)

I do love this site very much and have made a lot of friends on it.(Most are unfortunately banned atm) "lollipop_disappointed:

I am not a rich person by any means, and cannot support Patreon, with that in mind i have decided that for the foreseeable future, i will offer any sales of my books in terms of profit to this site.

When I say proceeds/profits. I mean the entire lot, all money made will go to Neogaf.

My books sell for around 99cents for an ebook and 6, 99 for a softcover.

Once Amazon takes their cut, I receive around 35 cents per e-book and 2,50 per book sale.(profit varies per region.)

Amazon payments come in once every few months and whatever I make after their cut, i will convert said profits to gold and will gift it to random members on this site.

What do I get out of this?

Besides helping the site, i also have the satisfaction of people reading my works, i might even get an honest review on Amazon, good or bad, it's all good. ( That is my full disclosure)

So if you want to support the site, and love reading short stories, please consider buying a book or two, or 5000.

I will be listing my books here,

USA Amazon.

Uk Amazon

I am really proud of the works i have created and hope you take the time to read them.

Thanks again.

Neogafs local Fish.
xxxx

Ps, could one of the mods sticky this, so its not lost, i am not sure if i was meant to do that or not,( Technically an idiot) "lollipop_disappointed:

Bought all three. Looking forward to reading them!

sircaw

Banned
Got animal stories 💙
Swedish Amazon is missing the Sci-Fi stories one.
Had a check and for some reason can not see the Swedish region for the science fiction book, I had friends in Sweden that had the same problem a year back.

I am afraid I don't know how to rectify it, sorry.

sircaw

Banned
Nice idea. Have you ever considered writing harlequine romance style books using Neogaf members. You can use the Metagaf thread as Inspiration.
Now there is an idea or two, though I will be honest in saying I am extremely slow in creating works.

I am of the mindset when they are done they are done.

I am currently working on another 10 books at present and hoping to have them all published in the next three-five years or so.

After that, anything goes :messenger_grinning:

Pallas

Gold Member
I’ll be your friend OP, this is honestly not a joke post, you seem pretty chill. I may come off as more friendly to Xbox side of things but I’m always a sucker for the underdog and I’m excited in the direction they are going, likewise I love my oled switch and ps4 pro.

But back on your topic! I haven’t delved too deeply into what you posted but are these kindle ebooks only?

sircaw

Banned
I’ll be your friend OP, this is honestly not a joke post, you seem pretty chill. I may come off as more friendly to Xbox side of things but I’m always a sucker for the underdog and I’m excited in the direction they are going, likewise I love my oled switch and ps4 pro.

But back on your topic! I haven’t delved too deeply into what you posted but are these kindle ebooks only?
hey m8, kindle yep but i believe there is an app to download them so you can read them on tablet, phone, and pc. :messenger_heart:

Batiman

Banned
Congrats on your work. I’ve always had a dream to write a fantasy novel. Maybe one day when I’m old and I have more time. Ideas come to me randomly and I usually just store them away in my head for that day. Most of them end up being forgotten anyways. I’d be happy enough if I got a couple of friends to read it.

sircaw

Banned
Congrats on your work. I’ve always had a dream to write a fantasy novel. Maybe one day when I’m old and I have more time. Ideas come to me randomly and I usually just store them away in my head for that day. Most of them end up being forgotten anyways. I’d be happy enough if I got a couple of friends to read it.
if you have ideas, put pen to paper m8, it's never to late to start your masterpiece :messenger_grinning:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Nice one fish face. What an awesome gesture.

Bought the Sci fi one and will get the other two once I'm paid.

Will probably upgrade to gold soon as well. Good ol' Gaf.

TLZ

Banned
I also used to shoot at my Lego men.
I then took great pleasure in removing head and limb as I fired away happily.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Batiman

Banned
if you have ideas, put pen to paper m8, it's never to late to start your masterpiece :messenger_grinning:
It’s hard because I feel most ideas have already been done before in some sense. I’ll mention an idea to my son for a setting or a plot and he’ll just say “you took that idea from this or that!” Then I’m like “oh, maybe I did……. “ without even noticing. I have a huge amount of respect for writers like Sanderson, Martin, Tolkien etc. It blows my mind how an individual can create so much with their imagination and have all these ideas connect to make worlds feel so real. I feel like authors are extremely underrated in today’s world. Or at least under appreciated.

You should be proud of yourself

TLZ

Banned
it's not my fault, born bad. "lollipop_disappointed:
Nah man you're good. You went through some cruel life situations. That doesn't make you bad. (You might be joking but in case you weren't because of the vibe I got from reading your books)

sircaw

Banned
Nah man you're good. You went through some cruel life situations. That doesn't make you bad. (You might be joking but in case you weren't because of the vibe I got from reading your books)
I still fight depression today, writing stories is a great way to combat it, it gives me focus and a way out of real life.

It's kind of like me being on neo gaf too, i like the banter, the silly jokes and the vast majority of people here, a silly daily chuckle on these forums goes a long way to keeping me sane.

A lot of my work is based on silly things that make me laugh. 👍

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's great that you're doing this. I already have them from the promotion you told me about a while back, but when I get paid, I'll go ahead and buy them.

I've only read one so far, the one about your "super power". You're very creative, demented, but creative :messenger_beaming:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I, too, consider myself to be a talented author. I present my latest masterpiece to you all, free of charge:

The Frog and the Douchebag, Chad​

Once upon a time there was a young, energetic frog named Dewey. Ever since he was a wee tadpole everyone had always loved Dewey. He never threw fits, or stayed up past his bedtime, or forgot to do the chores. In fact, Dewey had never done anything wrong his entire life.

Far away - at least, as far as Dewey was concerned - there was an irritable man-child named Chad. Chad was your garden variety douchebag. His entire life was spent in selfish pursuit of his own desires. He would push his own grandmother down the stairs if it would get him something he wanted, and, in fact, he had done that very thing when he was 16.

Now in his mid-thirties, Chad spent most of his days being an internet troll on the popular gaming forum, NeoGAF. He would argue with people about his favorite gaming console, and he would viciously berate anyone who would dare suggest that his favorite console was not the best console ever made. People tended to place Chad on their ignore lists as moderators would not dare ban him since he was engaging in sexual relations with EviLore EviLore 's [insert closest living female relative that won't get me banned for writing this garbage].

One gloomy Thursday afternoon Chad decided to go outside. The fumes from his uncleaned room combined with his own... unique... aroma were starting to make him light-headed. He grabbed his XXXL NeoGAF-branded hoodie off of his coat rack - or rather, he grabbed it out of his trash can that he had flung the hoodie over three nights prior - and struggled to get the hoodie over his head and around his abnormally corpulent body. A few hops, or rather, a few awkward rolls, later, Chad emerged at the bottom of the stairs and made his way into the great outdoors.

At the same time Dewey, who had already completed his weekly chores, decided to find Mrs. Buttleskut, a very wise, and even more wizened, frog who had recently lost her husband in a horrific accident. Well, it was less an accident and more Chad being his normal douchebag self. Several weeks ago Mr. Buttleskut had gone out for groceries as he did every month. Whilst crossing the road, Chad, who we know to be a colossal douchebag, yelled, "20 points!" and proceeded to run over Mr. Buttleskut with his 1989 Chrysler New Yorker. Ever since this incident Dewey had taken it upon himself to spend at least one afternoon per week with Mrs. Buttleskut. He simply couldn't stand seeing someone in pain.

Hopping along to see Mrs. Buttleskut with nar'y a care in the world, Dewey had the unfortunate disfavor to cross paths with the douchebag known as Chad. Chad, irritable about an internet argument that was not going well for himself, spotted Dewey hopping by in his front yard. More irritated now that this frog did not appear to be near as miserable as he was, Chad decided that it was past time he exercise the power he held over this tiny, insignificant amphibian.

With a short run that was really more of an awkward penguin waddle, Chad closed the distance between Dewey and himself. Dewey, who normally had excellent peripheral vision, was so engrossed in his rendition of "Froggy Got Back" that he failed to notice the mountainous behemoth behind him. Chad (the douchebag in case you forgot), grinning like the sycophant that he was, aimed a kick at Dewey and let his right foot fly.

Alas, Chad the 'bag was not an athletic man. His foot passed to the right of Dewey, who was so stunned by the giant object speeding by him that he immediately stopped in his tracks. Unfortunately for Dewey, D.B. Chad's left foot was very much unable to sustain the weight of his gargantuan form. His left leg buckled, and douchebag Chad did the splits... right on top of Dewey.

Dewey's life ended as it had begun - with testicles. Small though his genitals were, and it cannot be overstated that they were exceptionally small, Dewey was crushed by the weight of a giant douchebag and his small, but (in this instance) mighty, genitalia. Later that evening his family would come across the corpse of their son who had been a source of so much joy in their lives. The Frog community would never be the same again.

For his part the douchebag known as Chad pulled several muscles in his groin that had been unused in many moons. He also required surgery in order to save his testicles which had burst underneath the crushing weight of his upper-half. While on the operating table Chad suffered a fatal myocardial infarction. He crapped himself as he died, splattering the doctors in one final act of douchebaggary.

This was the tale of a wonderful frog named Dewey, and a despicable douchebag named Chad. There is no happy ending because there are far too few Dewey's, and far too many Chad's in this world.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Happy to report some sales information.

Have sold 7 e-books and 7 paperbacks, mainly sci-Fi, people love their Sci fi. :messenger_heart:

Amazon.comUSD2.1012.530.0014.63

Somewhere in the region of 22 dollars, we have earned so far for the site.

Going to distribute them to people by purchasing gold today, going to go down the thread list in order to make it fair.

Added golds for 1 month to the following people.

Golds cost 5 bucks a shot, so 4 golds are bought with some coin left over, if i get more sales will add that to the next round etc.

Sexy people that received Golds.

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping
DaleinCalgary DaleinCalgary
Magic Carpet Magic Carpet
PropellerEar PropellerEar

Wanted to add golds to Topher Topher and Jennings Jennings but they are already subscribed. :messenger_sunglasses:

Thank you to everyone that has supported the site.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
This is the final amount of money earned, about 30 bucks which are 6 golds for this site.

To all those that contributed, thank you so much for the support.

Added gold to Lone Wolf Lone Wolf and Kuranghi Kuranghi

Royalties Earned

Amazon.comUSD2.1020.980.0023.08

Please be aware that all profits to neogaf are now stopped.

Any books of mine you buy, now go to vegas, hookers, and copious amount of drink.

Last edited:
Top Bottom