• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposedly *leaked* screenshots of STARFIELD (first posted on 4chan) - might be fake

Starfield

10/02/2021 UPDATE: I can say now that this leak is indeed 100% legit. Im not an insider though.

UPDATE: the post just got veriefied as "legit" on reddit

EDIT AGAIN: its been set back to unverified status. This is a wild ride lmao

edit: more news:

LjVn3Gs.png

DaYTNQ3.jpeg

amqlCSI.jpeg

imgur:

source:

that patch on this guy looks similar to the logo you can see in the Starfield trailer:
starfield.png

The camera angle in that "ingame" pic looks similar to a bethesda style game

The HUD looks weird af

what do you think. Real or fake?

edit2: Original source: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/526247105

People there didnt debunk those pictures yet and reverse search brings out no results theyre saying..

looks like the official website of Starfield uses the same font as in the hud?

it's HMMM time!

Last edited:

Starfield

I still say its 80% fake tho.

20% real because those screenshots look believable, coming from a game that is still in development also image reverse search has yet brought no results.

Fake

What's funny about this is the fact that I was making a joke based on other recent 4chan leaks but yet you had to interpret it like that.

One track mind. Sensational stuff.

You're expecting too much from him. Soon enough he'll put you on his ignore list and quotes will be ignored as always.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Looks too low-effort. When AC Unity's screenshots leaked, we saw complex scenery and dense crowds. A single ship, costume, and UI is too easy to fake.

Elysion

Banned
The design of the spaceship would fit with Todd Howard‘s description that the game takes place in an era where space travel is still relatively new and dangerous. If that‘s the case, then it‘s unlikely that we would be encountering any distant alien civilizations, since the technology wouldn‘t allow humanity to travel that far.

It‘s even possible that the game only takes place within our solar system. A good comparison could be the tv series ‚The Expanse‘, as opposed to more futuristic stuff like Star Trek (or Mass Effect, if we‘re talking about games).

Or maybe humanity has discovered some ancient ‚star-gates‘ on Mars or something, which allows explorers to travel to distant star systems.

Starfield

If NeoGAF's admins came along and said "Hey folks, we're banning posts about 4chan leaks and rumours" I'd be like "Yeah, that makes sense".
well this time theres some hints that this could be a real leak, not a fake one. the same font being used, the same logo, no image reverse search findings, etc...

Psajdak

Banned
I don't really follow Bethesda games, but I was under impression that Starfield was supposed to be like Morrowind, and Skyrim settingwise.

ZehDon

well this time theres some hints that this could be a real leak, not a fake one. the same font being used, the same logo, no image reverse search findings, etc...
Whoa, a font? And a logo!? Well, you certainly can't make that up! Todd Howard basically needs to reveal this game right now!
/s

Its a 4chan post about a rumour about a leak about an early version of a game we've never seen that cannot be confirmed. As anyone should know, fans will go to quite decent lengths to fake things for internet points and lulz. If there was some evidence to independently corroborate this, sure. But, 999/1000 times, 4chan posts are bullshit and should be treated as such.

Starfield

uhm guys,

the post just got veriefied as "legit" on reddit

r/gaming leaks and rumours has a verificartion process

this is HUGE news

edit: more news:

ill post it in the OP

Last edited:
Top Bottom