• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposedly *leaked* screenshots of STARFIELD (first posted on 4chan) - might be fake

Senua

Looks like fallout in space....original
giphy.gif

Andodalf

Banned
Best believe Starfield releasing next year. Will have been 6 years since Howard's last directed game.

This is a very big point, He's only listed as Executive producer for 76, But was Game director for Fallout 3,4 and Skyrim, per wikipedia.

More importantly, PER WIKIPEDIA TODD HOWARD'S BIRTHDAY AND EVEN AGE IS NOT PUBLICLY KNOWN????

tryDEATH

This game has been a dream of Todd's since 08' and is in development since Fallout 4 released in 15' so the game has been in development at least 5 years right now, I can totally see this being a bombshell reveal next E3 where it will be released in Fall 21'. These sort of teasers/leaks really are exciting, as it is a complete unknown right now.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
Controlled leak. SX pre order sales must be low.

Hopefully the game doesn't suffer from Bethesda jank. On PS5 anyway. Bethesda really doesn't put any effort on PS consoles.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
4Chan has been on spot with rumors..Sega still waiting to announce it's purchase by MS. probably will be announced during the Capcom RE8 video.

I haven’t really been keeping up with this game much. I’m assuming it’s going to be like a higher budget online Outer Worlds or something?

more shit is happening

Wonder if a disgruntled employee after the acquisition decided to leak a bunch of stuff?

Personally, as long as there isn't some sort of shenanigans going on like sjw politics or something, I generally don't like it when things leak, even for games I'm not interested in. Because if a game is going to be good and the team has spent a whole lot of time on it it's a shame that all that honest hard work gets revealed in a way that they didn't intend. Especially when their are tons of rabid zealots ready to take your unfinished product and twist it into something it's not, giving you bad PR.

Anyway, what I've seen of the leak so far, if it's real, looks rad. I like the look of that ship, how it's between modern and ultra futuristic. Looks like an actual step that might realistically be taken in ship design.

Andodalf

Banned
I haven’t really been keeping up with this game much. I’m assuming it’s going to be like a higher budget online Outer Worlds or something?

I wouldn't think it'll be much like Outer Worlds at all. And it will be a singleplayer game

This will have a much more serious tone, and be a more "realistic" Sci-FI.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If the UI is real and you got to juggle O2 and CO2 emissions, it might be a slog.

Kind of like old school PC RPGs where you got to eat and drink water.

I wouldn't think it'll be much like Outer Worlds at all. And it will be a singleplayer game

This will have a much more serious tone, and be a more "realistic" Sci-FI.

Oh it’s single player? No complaints from me if that’s true. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Nickolaidas

Looks plain as fuck, which doesn't surprise me. It's Bethesda. They haven't made anything eye-popping since ... I have no idea.

ID Software is the true eye-candy dev team of Bethesda, not Bethesda Studios.

Tomeru

Is this going to be fallout in space? Looks lo-fi to me. I wanna see a proper futeristic scifuli game from them.

Warablo

Imagine if its actually No Man's Sky, but with stuff to do and RPG elements. Or Prey.

Last edited:

Xenon

Is this going to be fallout in space? Looks lo-fi to me. I wanna see a proper futeristic scifuli game from them.

I will be disappointed if they carry over the 60ish retro future style. But I do hope they don't go full realistic and create its own feel by design. Im really curious to hear the music they go with as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom