• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposedly *leaked* screenshots of STARFIELD (first posted on 4chan) - might be fake

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Best believe Starfield releasing next year. Will have been 6 years since Howard's last directed game.
Would be good for the Xbox if they have another exclusive for 2021, besides Halo Infinite.

The nice thing about a new IP is that it doesn't have the expectations of its' lineage to live up to or to hold it back.

Yes it does if its from a reputable company. Except Bethesda has been releasing so many unfinished and buggy games that its expected from them. So if Starfield ends up good, it will be received 3 times better because most people expect shit.

bender

What time is it?
Yes it does if its from a reputable company. Except Bethesda has been releasing so many unfinished and buggy games that its expected from them. So if Starfield ends up good, it will be received 3 times better because most people expect shit.

Morrowind is the last game I've liked of theirs but maybe something from scratch is what the doctor ordered.

Starfield

Ok, I have a small update on that leak.

The source isn't 4chan.its indeed coming from reddit first.

Posted on reddit: 22:05

Posted on 4chan: 22:07

kuncol02

Banned
I like what I see there. It gives me hopes for more hard sci-fi and not another wizards in space. What was last time when we had some proper non retro hard sci-fi outside of space sims?

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I still say its 80% fake tho.

20% real because those screenshots look believable, coming from a game that is still in development also image reverse search has yet brought no results.

If this was a Star Citizen ship, it would've been from MISC :p
UPDATE: the post just got veriefied as "legit" on reddit

EDIT AGAIN: its been set back to unverified status. This is a wild ride lmao

edit: more news:

LjVn3Gs.png

DaYTNQ3.jpeg

amqlCSI.jpeg

imgur:

source:

that patch on this guy looks similar to the logo you can see in the Starfield trailer:
starfield.png

The camera angle in that "ingame" pic looks similar to a bethesda style game

The HUD looks weird af

what do you think. Real or fake?

edit2: Original source: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/526247105

People there didnt debunk those pictures yet and reverse search brings out no results theyre saying..

looks like the official website of Starfield uses the same font as in the hud?

it's HMMM time!

Looks like an old prototyped MISC ship from Star Citizen. Like you said, this is nothing like SC, but if it was, it would be MISC:

Starfield

interesting to note: the official Bethesda discord has leaked all traces of this leak today, along with everyone who posted the screenshots, some got banned too

EDMIX

Can Bethesda finally make a good game again? It's been a while. I remain doubtful but wish them the best.

I think they are fine.

Fallout 4 was still a very solid Fallout game (one of my favorites) and even though they didn't come out with a Elder Scrolls game this gen, I don't think its as if they can't later or something. I feel ESO and Fallout 76 has many thinking that those titles are representative of all you are going to get from them in the future or something. I don't see enough to doubt that they can still make great single player titles.

So...I see it as its been a while since they released those ace IP, but that is simply based on how long, as in timing, its not based on they can't anymore or something. If Starfield is simply Elder Scrolls or Fallout in space its a day 1 for me lol

I wonder what their flying model will be? Most people would hate realistic space flying and would probably vastly prefer the Star-Wars fly-by-wire style I'd bet.

Starfield

I can give a little update on last years Starfield leak.

I can confirm this was indeed a leak and not fake.

I have no insider knowledge. I came in contact with the person who found the leak. He showed me a few more pics and gave me some more details that weren't mentioned anywhere else.

Personally I can't wait to play that damn game.

I made my own speculations about the game which Im not sure if im allowed to post here but yoi can find them on reddit

Umbasaborne

Banned
This game gives me The Expanse kind of feeling, so bit more realistic space flight might be neat.
The Expanse Space GIF by Amazon Prime Video
I sort of want the mood and atmosphere of something like interestellar, but how do you turn that into a compelling bethesda style rpg, as that mostly consists of big barren planets.

I made my own speculations about the game which Im not sure if im allowed to post here but yoi can find them on reddit
Why wouldn't you be able to post your own speculations about the game? Speculating about upcoming games is half of what people do here. What we can't do is spoil upcoming games maliciously like when the Last of Us 2 leaked and people started posting real spoilers.

Starfield

Why wouldn't you be able to post your own speculations about the game? Speculating about upcoming games is half of what people do here. What we can't do is spoil upcoming games maliciously like when the Last of Us 2 leaked and people started posting real spoilers.
Go on r/starfield

Its mainly just speculation/proof about the station shown inbthe teaser.

Another user made a great post in colab with me about the potential location of Starfield too

Basically Starfield might be set in the constellation named Cygnus

Last edited:

kyussman

After finishing Skyrim yesterday and my only other Bethesda game playthrough being Fallout 4,I'll be honest I'm not that hyped for this game now,lol.....their games are full of stuff but that stuff is not really that great.....will be interesting to see what type of game this is.Being in space gives it a chance for sure,but I really hope it doesn't end up being going to lots of copy and pasted planets and doing the same shit over and over again.

Matt_Fox

Based on their previous games I'd speculate there will be a first-person and third-person view for both your character and ship piloting, and where the USP of Fallout 4 was settlement building, the USP of Starfield will be ship customisation.

I don't know how many planets will exist or be explorable. There may well be hundreds of planets but only a smallish number of 'habitable' types of world that you can actually land on and explore (perhaps they'll also have some in-universe explanation for why the explorable area is limited, obviously they're not going to build dozens of planet-sized environments, maybe you can only travel a finite distance from the life support of your ship for example).

You have to presume that the format of the game will be to pick up missions from various quest givers, and I think with the expanse of space and a blank canvas of lore, Bethesda ought to be able to come up with some really wild and memorable quests to get stuck into.

Really looking forward to this one, please come out soon!

Top Bottom