• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supreme Commander 2 CG Reveal Trailer (PC/360)

The original was an absolute mess on 360 right?

How do they expect to get a sequel that if anything would be expanded in scope to run on 360?

Regardless, I'm down with this game.

So did E3 just cancel its reservation of the LA Convention Center and decide to host the expo on GameTrailers this year, or what?

JDSN

Banned
Chris Remo said:
So did E3 just cancel its reservation of the LA Convention Center and decide to host the expo on GameTrailers this year, or what?

Maybe this year you can ask about a new F-Zero to see if it works two years in a row.

Can't wait to play this on PC. I loved the first SC game!

But if they gimp the PC version to match the console development, they can burn in hell without my money.

Smokey

laserbeam said:
The release of all this stuff early is starting to get pretty lame.

E3 is about the Press Conferences.

This is the best time of the year. All these trailers, release dates etc!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Chris Remo said:
There are two possibilities:
1) They figure E3 won't get very much attention so the publishers are all blowing their load early.
2) There are so many megatons at E3 that people with minitons feel the need to get the word out so that they're not lost in the noise.

I'm leaning towards the second one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SapientWolf said:
There are two possibilities:
1) They figure E3 won't get very much attention so the publishers are all blowing their load early.
2) There are so many megatons at E3 that people with minitons feel the need to get the word out so that they're not lost in the noise.

I'm leaning towards the second one.
A lot of these are also just teaser trailers for what are likely to be full reveals at the show as well.

Brink and Supreme Commander are both entirely CG trailers. I can't imagine they're not going to show more of them when E3 actually starts.

PuppetMaster said:

But if they gimp the PC version to match the console development, they can burn in hell without my money.

This is what I'm worried about. For a game all about flaunting its massive scale and high number of units- being consolodised would be utterly tragic.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
PuppetMaster said:

Can't be quoted enough.

Druz

Poimandres said:
The original was an absolute mess on 360 right?

How do they expect to get a sequel that if anything would be expanded in scope to run on 360?

Regardless, I'm down with this game.

Because the sequel probably has the 360 primarily in mind

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
PuppetMaster said:

Jobias

Druz said:
Because the sequel probably has the 360 primarily in mind

Truth. I hope they can some how design the game such that it still plays like a reasonable RTS on PC. Red Alert 3 isn't the greatest RTS, but its interface on the PC is perfectly fine so having an RTS on PC and console can be done. If they can keep strategic zoom etc. intact, then I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sciz

I've got to get around to reinstalling SupCom now that I've got the proper hardware for it. How did Forged Alliance turn out?

Jobias

Sciz said:
I've got to get around to reinstalling SupCom now that I've got the proper hardware for it. How did Forged Alliance turn out?

Forged Alliance is head and shoulders above vanilla SupCom. The balance is better, and the way the economic play ramps up was entirely overhauled; whereas winning strategies in vanilla were about turtling up to tech rush to experimentals (with little emphasis on fighting over territory), FA is more about map control and emphasis on T1 and T3 units. It's not perfect; T2 is viable but often skipped over, and there are a few units that are obviously more powerful compared to other factions, but compared to vanilla it is a far better game.

butsomuch

1243648835_sc2.jpg

First screenshot
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58865

Awesome.

I only started played SupCom and Forged Alliance a few weeks ago with friends, its made an awesome impression and I look forward to the sequel.

No RTS I have played matches it in terms of scale, and if they can make that even huger in scope, then we should hopefully be in for something very special indeed.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
PuppetMaster said:

this will definitely happen. there's a reason the original was never released on consoles.

i can't wait for the day when all rts games will get dragged through the fetid console homogenzing sludge like 90% of modern fps.

zoku88

SapientWolf said:
It's probably just a really really early shot, I'm sure that it will at least look better than the first one.

They didn't even bother with AA >.>

Not sure why they would even release that shot.

PuppetMaster said:

I remember reading in an interview with Chris Taylor (probably on QT3) that they are going to try to simplify the economy (I think specifically simplify the effect of economy management on victory, since this was so huge in SC1). It sounded though like this is less of a "dumbing down for consoles" and more an outcome of their work on Demigod.

Top Bottom