• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suprisingly good PC gamepad for $10

Yusaku

My friend has been pestering me to pick up Winning Eleven 7 and a second controller for the PC, but I wasn't willing to buy another Airflo gamepad, and I stay far away from those crappy disposable PC controllers you see everywhere.

So eventually he said he'd buy his own gamepad, a Gamers Factory PS2-like pad for $10. I was skeptical it would be any good, but I gotta admit it's a little better than my Airflo for WE7. It definitely feels like a $10 control pad, but it gets right what a lot of expensive PC controllers get wrong. It's basically a Dual Shock made out of cheap plastic. Four face buttons placed properly, dual L/R triggers, and even the analog thumbs are clickable. Unfortunately like 99% of all PC pads it has a really fucked up D-pad. I don't know why more pads don't just use the trusty cross d-pad.

The pad is conspicuously missing from Bestbuy.com, but you can see a picture here. If you're looking for a good gamepad for sports games or something like GTA I'd recomend this. Even if it falls apart you're only out $10.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
26-304.jpg

B'z-chan

Banned
EviLore said:

This even works with the other great import pads you can get. Like the Street Fighter one thats gonna come out. Makes it great for all kinds of stuff (mame)

Best 10 bucks i ever spent. Now if only i had moeny for another PS2 pad.

B'z-chan

Banned
Trust me i've been using it for a year and i've had no problems with it. AAA rate stuff that radioshack crap is, really!

If not just get yourself a Xbox to usb convertor and use that. As its usb and windows Xp automatically installs the drivers for it.

Top Bottom