• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

Beaulieu

shagg_187 said:
Disaster: Day of Ubisoft's Wii Problems

Ubisoft Montreal was working on Red Steel 2 for a fall 2007 release date and had the majority of the game finished, until marketing and executive types declared the game to be crap. Because of the declaration, development was transferred to Ubisoft Paris, who has been forced to start work on the title from scratch (for a fall 2008 release), having to redo pretty much everything, and there has been a number of "layoffs." Development on the title has been described as a "not fun."

Also, Nintendo really did not want Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 to come at the same time as Super Mario Galaxy, since their game had a stratosphere of buzz and the limbless guy's popular party might disrupt sales of SMG, Nintendo tried anything they could do to refuse to give their approval; for example, in one instance, they said that one of the clouds in the game was shaped like Pikachu.

Ubisoft Montreuil you noob.

Salazar

Hope the next list is shorter and punchier. Like -

#1. The Trapdoor game, announced for PC / 360 / PS3 / Wii.

And that's it.

9) Ubisoft will be publishing Soma, the Human Head/Mark Ecko collaboration coming to PS3 and 360 sometime before two years from now, and which I guarantee is way cooler than the overrated Prey.

unpossible

11) That non-Metroid game Retro Studios is working on is a new IP that is not an FPS.

Awesome.

15) ChuChu Rocket! comeback for DS and/or Wii.

Long overdue.

21) Fuse Games + that pink round guy that floats = their next DS title.

Outsourcing Kirby? God damn it.

EDIT: If it's a pinball title, that's fine.

Also, Nintendo really did not want Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 to come at the same time as Super Mario Galaxy, since their game had a stratosphere of buzz and the limbless guy's popular party might disrupt sales of SMG, Nintendo tried anything they could do to refuse to give their approval; for example, in one instance, they said that one of the clouds in the game was shaped like Pikachu.

:lol

lupin23rd

We should have a single "all Surfer Girl rumors" thread (of course with OP updated whenever) and keep track of where they are all at in terms of true / false. We should do this for all rumormongers.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
It is fun to read Surfer Girl rumors. They seem so cool and nifty. I wonder if having Red Steel 2 having to be completely be rehauled is the reason why UbiSoft decided to pick up No More Heroes so that they can have a violence driven original IP for the Wii coming out of its gates soon? I also wonder if Surfer Girl is a fattie.

Nash said:
I find it hard to believe Nintendo would be worried about Raving Rabbits 2, especially where SMG is concerned. Let alone try and deliberately hold back it's release.

Given that these rumours likely came from Ubisoft and not Nintendo, I find it quite easy to believe that Nintendo sent a long list of feedback changes, some of which were somewhat picky / stupid (eg 'that cloud looks like pikachu!') and the Raving Rabbids team chose to interpret that as Nintendo being 'scared' that Rayman 2 would overshadow SMG in some way.

Lawls.

Busty

Banned
I'm going to make a point of having Surfer Girl's blog be a part of my daily web routine in future.

I have a feeling that all her stuff is legit, but frankly it's only a matter of time before someone shuts her up as she is no doubt breaking someone's NDAs if not her own.

But until then.....

Ramenman

Ashhong said:
17) Red Steel 2 not before May, with multiplayer and co-op.

Weren't we supposed to learn more about RS2 in some Nintendo mag already ?

Also yay for Airplane being a Wiiware title.

Xzbeat

Disaster: Day of Ubisoft's Wii Problems

Ubisoft Montreuil (not Montreal, it's a place in France where UbiHQ is located) was working on Red Steel 2 for a fall 2007 release date and had the majority of the game finished, until marketing and executive types declared the game to be crap. Because of the declaration, development was transferred to Ubisoft Paris, who has been forced to start work on the title from scratch (for a fall 2008 release), having to redo pretty much everything, and there has been a number of "layoffs." Development on the title has been described as a "not fun."

:lol :lol :lol

Okay. I know it's just rumors but it just sounds fake. Ubisoft Montreuil = Ubisoft Paris. Montreuil is a suburb of Paris and where Ubisoft HQ is located. There are no other Ubisoft studio in the region.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Xzbeat said:

Okay. I know it's just rumors but it just sounds fake. Ubisoft Montreuil = Ubisoft Paris. Montreuil is a suburb of Paris and where Ubisoft HQ is located. There are no other Ubisoft studio in the region.

:lol

I guess it pays to do your research :)

Some interesting stuff in there. Specifically, the Gears trilogy stuff sticks out to me. I think Gears 2 will be a Fall 2008 title and end up being the 360's holiday blockbuster next holiday season. From there though it will be interesting to see if they want to finish the trilogy on the 360, or take the Halo route, and push Microsoft's next system off the dock with the Gears conclusion.

Busty

Banned
What strikes me is that even with all these rumours there is still barely any talk about MS first party output barring the possible Gears trilogy.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Busty said:
What strikes me is that even with all these rumours there is still barely any talk about MS first party output barring the possible Gears trilogy.
And we all know MS sucks at keeping secrets. :(

Jme

From the comments on Disaster: Day of Ubisoft's Wii Problems this comment was posted:

ski said:
Hey Surfer Girl, your blog is a very entertaining read since i found about it.
So, i noticed that your initial posts where not gaming related at all, but very political... are you keeping this mixed content style? (You got very interesting info on both sides :D)

So, when you know something about that rumored new Zelda for Wii you`ll let us know right?

To which we got the reply

surfer girl said:
ski: Thanks. Yes, I plan on having a mixed content style.

And rumored new Zelda title for Wii? It's happening. Multiple titles. But the new big, epic Zelda for Wii is probably about two years away.

Emphasis mine.
I assume 'she' is reffering to things like Link's Crossbow Training, but then what would the others be? First guesses:

Zelda Party, Super Zelda Kart

Come to think of it, I would totally play Super Zelda Kart. Coins=Rupees, Green Shell=Arrow, Bomb=Bomb, Mushroom=Triforce, Banana Peel=Deku Seeds, Super Star=Fairy Bottle, Lakitu=Tingle

leehom said:
Email her about Initial D as well. I love Sega to death, but some of their decisions are really WTF? Out of all their racing titles, they resurrect Sega Rally. Why couldn't they have brought Initial D next gen + online or Daytona + online? Those two games would rape. I would love an arcade perfect version of either of those two racers.
I'll do that for ya. Sega Rally Revo is all kinds of awesome, but Daytona 3 would be so awesome. Initial D would be good, too. :D

handofg0d said:
I assume 'she' is reffering to things like Link's Crossbow Training, but then what would the others be? First guesses:

More likely Tetras Trackers / Four Swords to be honest.

VonGak!

Banned
Xzbeat said:

^.^ Soho is a suburb of London where SCEE's HQ is located, there's no other SCE studio in the region yes we have SCE London and Team Soho.

Dunno, but can't it be working the same way?

D2M15 said:
I'm Surfer Girl, and so is my wife.
:D

Blessed be all the cheese makers.

Matt

Xzbeat said:

Well, if we were giving her the benefit of the doubt (which at this point she seems to have earned to some degree), if I, being an American, was told "Yeah, Ubisoft Montreuil was failing at the project, so it was transfered to another team within the Paris network," that's pretty much the way I would interpret the information.

Xzbeat

VonGak! said:
^.^ Soho is a suburb of London where SCEE's HQ is located, there's no other SCE studio in the region yes we have SCE London and Team Soho.

Dunno, but can't it be working the same way?

Blessed be all the cheese makers.
I used to live there when I was younger and I can guarantee that there is no Ubisoft Paris.
Google it if you want.

VonGak!

Banned
Xzbeat said:
I used to live there when I was younger and I can guarantee that there is no Ubisoft Paris.
Google it if you want.

Ah yes but isn't there a chance of it being in the very same building?

I mean to my knowledge SCE London is located in Soho (five storage high building where Phil has his office on the top floor) where Team Soho also is located(perhaps I'm mixing things up, help me out McCat for an Avatar).

jarrod

Banned
handofg0d said:
Emphasis mine.

Come to think of it, I would totally play Super Zelda Kart. Coins=Rupees, Green Shell=Arrow, Bomb=Bomb, Mushroom=Triforce, Banana Peel=Deku Seeds, Super Star=Fairy Bottle, Lakitu=Tingle
Multiple titles = Next "real" Wii Zelda for Nov 2009, Four Swords WiiWare in 2008, MM VC release in 2008, Virtual Handheld releases (LA & Oracles) whenever that happens, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some WiiWare "remakes" of older titles either (Zelda 1 on TWW engine plz!) or even a full retail Wii rerelease of Wind Waker in the interim.

I wouldn't expect Zelda to suddenly follow the Mario spinoff formula though (ie: Kart, Party, Golf, Strikers, DDR, etc)... at most, I could see something like Nintendo and Project Soul doing a Zelda themed weapons based 3D fighter maybe, but don't expect Zelda IPs stuck in just any open game design a la Mario.

Xzbeat

VonGak! said:

I mean to my knowledge SCE London is located in Soho (five storage high building where Phil has his office on the top floor) where Team Soho also is located(perhaps I'm mixing things up, help me out McCat for an Avatar).
Probably. The HQ was pretty big.

Jme

jarrod said:
Multiple titles = Next "real" Wii Zelda for Nov 2009, Four Swords WiiWare in 2008, MM VC release in 2008, Virtual Handheld releases (LA & Oracles) whenever that happens, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some WiiWare "remakes" of older titles either (Zelda 1 on TWW engine plz!) or even a full retail Wii rerelease of Wind Waker in the interim.

I wouldn't expect Zelda to suddenly follow the Mario spinoff formula though (ie: Kart, Party, Golf, Strikers, DDR, etc)... at most, I could see something like Nintendo and Project Soul doing a Zelda themed weapons based 3D fighter maybe, but don't expect Zelda IPs stuck in just any open game design a la Mario.

I don't actually expect Zelda to get whored out like the Mario franchise... Just tried to inject some humor with negative speculation. I assumed it would be more like Four Swords game-types. Although, if Crossbow Training is any indication of things to come, I fear for the worst see what Nintendo is capable of.

jarrod

Banned
handofg0d said:
I don't actually expect Zelda to get whored out like the Mario franchise... Just tried to inject some humor with negative speculation. I assumed it would be more like Four Swords game-types. Although, if Crossbow Training is any indication of things to come, I fear for the worst see what Nintendo is capable of.
Well, CBT isn't all that unnatural an extension really, and it was thrown together by a tiny team reusing assets. It's also essentially a freebie... the thing probably wouldn't have seen retail release without the Zapper.

EAD Dept. 3's got 2 core Zelda teams, and they're obviously busy with the next Wii Zelda (TWW/TP team) and Four Swords WiiWare (FS/PH team)... if we get other Zelda spinoff, I think they're going to come from external teams (a la Vanpool's Tingle RPG). That's why I think a Project Soul fighter could make some sense (espeically with Link's well recieved inclusion in SC2 GC) though the timetables involved would probably make that a late 2009 release anyway.

Supa

MrTroubleMaker said:
probably, and doesn't surf either..

I cant wait to here official info on RFOM2 :)
You're wrong, I just googled for "surfer girl" images and have found confirmation she's a girl! You guys need to do some research before making such claims!

fucking huge image

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
VonGak! said:

True. In fact, before the move from down the street, the whole building was Team Soho, it wasn't until the absorbtion of Psygnosis Camden in to the building that it changed to London Studio. The Team Soho was then purely for the Getaway 1 & 2, with everything else in the building being London Studio.

I dunno if Team Soho will last until 3, ie put it out under SCE London Studio. I highly suspect the latter.

I'm bumping this because I don't want to make a thread about this... if someone wants to create a surfer girl rumor thread then please do so, but I'm not... anyway, some more rumors. Hopefully I didn't mess up when I did a search and it's new info...

1) Nintendo's new handheld will see release in late 2009.
Although someone emailed me today saying "dudes i gotta a hot scoops on the new nintendo handheld system, it comes out 10/10/2010 and does not have a screen and is codenamed revolution." I'm glad I can get such hot scoops.
2) Something from J.J. Abrams that is not Lost is getting the game treatment.
I'm crossing my fingers for the Felicity MMORPG.
3) Ubisoft Montpelier is working on Beyond Good & Evil 2, Frédérick Raynal's new game (creepy), and an MMO. One of those will see release next year and the other two in 2009.
4) That Red Steel 2 features online play.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-first-things.html

Ashhong

Mefisutoferesu said:
I'm bumping this because I don't want to make a thread about this... if someone wants to create a surfer girl rumor thread then please do so, but I'm not... anyway, some more rumors. Hopefully I didn't mess up when I did a search and it's new info...

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-first-things.html

yea i was going to edit this in too. can a mod make this like the official surfer girl thread? ill update the OP with her latest every time. i check semi-regularly.

1) Nintendo's new handheld will see release in late 2009.
Although someone emailed me today saying "dudes i gotta a hot scoops on the new nintendo handheld system, it comes out 10/10/2010 and does not have a screen and is codenamed revolution." I'm glad I can get such hot scoops.

Uh... companies never use the same codename twice.
How idiotic...

Grecco said:
A Handheld without a Screen?

k. Makes no sense. Beams games directly into your brain i guess.

6bk244o.jpg

Makes perfect sense, it just wouldent be a good idea.

wow. it's so obvious western developers will rule this generation of gaming. the few blockbusters aside (and nintendo who is off in its own world), japanese developers are really falling flat and playing catch-up with some original next-gen ideas :/

Top Bottom