• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl returns, claims 360 slim for E3 and rebrand

Burai

shitonmychest57
webcivilian said:
I don't think that it will be this slim. The above looks crap btw. The new slim 360 still has to fit the hard drive and the wireless controller that Microsoft sold all these years. Unless they make a model with built-in hdds but thats taking away money from add on market.

It doesn't have to fit the HDD. Microsoft would far rather sell you a new one than let you bring one you've already paid for with you.

What you're looking for is option 3, a new bespoke HDD casing.

quoting for the new page

http://newsoftrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2010/04/like-taking-candy-from-baby.html

So... isn't the world of gaming pretty fucked up?

Firstly, any old dumbass can start a blog spouting crap and so-called 'legitimate' gaming websites fall over themselves to cover it. I'm looking at you MaxConsole.

What's more, within the space of hours gaming forums are only too willing to perpetuate substance-less rubbish. Even the oh-so-precious NeoGaf with it's "I'm more hardcore that you" snobbery. 280 replies and 26,000 page views... Gee, thanks guys.

Seriously, I often wonder if 90% of the people on that site even know what 'preeminent' means? Especially when, of late, a quick run through the first page of Gaf is actually the same mix of bitching and N4G reposts you get on any other gaming forums.

Standards have fallen.

See ya.

lol. pwnt.

Stumpokapow said:
how is it pwnt? a huge portion of the thread said that it doesn't appear to be the original author.

I was thinking more about Maxconsole.

But i do wonder - have standards fallen? A lot of N4G shit does seem to get posted these days.

NHale

Hilarious. It's not like anyone could see it was fake, right? :lol

Oh well, I'm going to create a twitter account named GameSpoon and my first tweet will be "Dudebro II will be announced at E3 as the launch title for the new Sega console". Believe!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
NHale said:
Oh well, I'm going to create a twitter account named GameSpoon and my first tweet will be "Dudebro II will be announced at E3 as the launch title for the new Sega console". Believe!
Hey, that was supposed to be a secret.

jiggles

Banned
You want to talk about dropped standards?

In a thread, on GAF, linking Natal to Metal Gear Solid, this wasn't posted at all.

Dark days, indeed.

V_Ben

Banned
Wow. That's a pretty interesting response. Standards certainly have fallen. Love the dig at MaxConsole :lol

[Nintex]

I agree with the dropped standards thing but for some reason that seems to be related with some sort of event that happens every year. I'm not sure why, but whenever this "E3" thing pops up there are rumors. What is that all about?

yencid

hah what standards? and whats with the mention of Gaf?
From the very first page it was dismissed as this not being her.

TommyT

jigglywiggly said:
You want to talk about dropped standards?

In a thread, on GAF, linking Natal to Metal Gear Solid, this wasn't posted at all.

Dark days, indeed.

There still hasn't been a posting of the MGS4 for 360 boxset.

yencid said:
hah what standards? and whats with the mention of Gaf?
From the very first page it was dismissed as this not being her.

I didn't bother to copy the link location (which I'd bet leads to this thread), but I imagine it is that a thread was posted at all about "SurferGirl" and that some people actually believed these speculations.

Hex

Banned
NinjaFusion said:
You think that MS wouldn't pay a BUCKET LOAD of cash to get a core franchise like that on Natal?

MS does not always get what they want, no matter how they wave their checkbook around.
Do you not think they would have payed mountains to get MGS4, especially with all of the rumors around at the time?
I do see MGS Rising having some kind of option sort of like RE 5 Gold

Did maxconsole make any kind of response or correction?

NinjaFusion said:
But i do wonder - have standards fallen? A lot of N4G shit does seem to get posted these days.

That's completely true, I already noted the same thing in several other threads.

And one also has to wonder - how high were the standards in the first place? Is simply higher than N4G, GameFAQs and GameTrailers high enough?

yencid

TommyT said:
There still hasn't been a posting of the MGS4 for 360 boxset.

I didn't bother to copy the link location (which I'd bet leads to this thread), but I imagine it is that a thread was posted at all about "SurferGirl" and that some people actually believed these speculations.
no no no the original surfer girl actually got stuff right... this its a pretty bad attempt specially if you noticed what "insider information" was posted in that blog before admitting that it was fake.

BurritoBushido said:
Seriously though, Why hasn't this topic been closed yet?

it's actually just sad now...

The thread is perpetuating itself even though someone is openly mocking the site... just proves that people don't even read a small % of a thread before replying.

ArjanN

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
And one also has to wonder - how high were the standards in the first place? Is simply higher than N4G, GameFAQs and GameTrailers high enough?

For a laugh, go to one of those forums and take a look. Makes you apprciate NeoGAF all the more.

yencid

NinjaFusion said:

The thread is perpetuating itself even though someone is openly mocking the site... just proves that people don't even read a small % of a thread before replying.
yeah because everyone cares so much that Gaf (or any one site for that matter) gets mocked.

Freki

NinjaFusion said:
I was thinking more about Maxconsole.

look at the comments on N4G and you'll know the difference ;-)

ArjanN said:
For a laugh, go to one of those forums and take a look. Makes you apprciate NeoGAF all the more.

Oh, I appreciate it - that's why I'm here, after all - but there are still quite a few things I believe could should be better.

NinjaFusion said:

oh no the gaffer who created this fake blog pretending to be surfergirl is butthurt that we weren't convinced we'd better stop posting

MacBosse

So shall we do the "prove that you are Surfer Girl" and "I don't have to prove nothin' to you idiots" dance and routine or is it to early?

charlequin said:
oh no the gaffer who created this fake blog pretending to be surfergirl is butthurt that we weren't convinced we'd better stop posting

:D

yep.... and you should see my insider access to chris redfield.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I remember Surfer Girl predicted Kingdom Hearts will be in the Wii...

What's scary is majority of her predictions came true. :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MacBosse said:
So shall we do the "prove that you are Surfer Girl" and "I don't have to prove nothin' to you idiots" dance and routine or is it to early?
It's too late.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Slightly OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236806

Here are some that came true (initially unconfirmed):

- The Gears of War trilogy will be finished on the Xbox 360.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is currently in development at Turn 10 and aiming for a spring/summer 2009 release.
- Super Punch-Out! is coming to Virtual Console [in 2008]. ~ came out 2009
- Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon. ~ not sure about this, but TLG is the major one.
- Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.

Although some are completely false like L.A. Noire not coming to the 360 and the Red Dead Revolver successor coming out as an exclusive.

Hex

Banned
ULTROS! said:
I remember Surfer Girl predicted Kingdom Hearts will be in the Wii...

What's scary is majority of her predictions came true. :lol

Define majority, because I do not think that word means what you think it means

ULTROS!

Hex said:
Define majority, because I do not think that word means what you think it means

Fine... A number.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
how I missed this thread ?

Insomniac Games will surprise everyone at E3 - probably even Sony.

well if she is saying that Insomniac will go multiplat or even working exclusively for Micorosft I don't see it as a "surprise" at all , since Ted Price already hinted on going for bigger market and Insomniac was unhappy with PS3 fans attitude toward them.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
NinjaFusion said:
it was fake... the blog in question even posted as such.
It's Son of Godzilla. He likes to post the exact opposite of what anyone would, in any circumstance.
Let me translate his post for you:

Son of Godzilla said:
Wait so now no one believes the old surfer girl? hmph.
See? Now it makes sense.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I am and always have been a Surfer, Girl.

Top Bottom