• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor's Remorse - It's like a sports Entourage. Only, ya know, good - Sun on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ah Sunday

Love having this, Ballers, and Vice Principal going back to back to back after my DVR records them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Such a great weekend for premieres. Halt and Catch Fire tonight and Survivor's Remorse tomorrow.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

Fallout

Cam visits his father Rodney for the first time in over 20 years, as Season 4 begins, and learns that some things he grew up believing may be untrue. Meanwhile, M-Chuck tries to track down her paternity; Reggie attempts to leave his abusive dad behind; and Cassie and Chen vacation in China.

Did not expect the aftermath of Reggie's conversation with his dad to go the route it did. Reggie is nice with the hands, ended up outnumbered.

Emotional way to end the episode with M Chuck getting some form of closure about what happened to Cassie.

Great to have this show back.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The premiere was great - plenty of resonant emotional beats and funny as heck to boot. Easily one of the best episodes of the series.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Repercussions

Cam's visit to Walpole sends him on a wild goose chase into the past; Missy gets a worrisome phone call; and M-Chuck gives some teenagers a piece of her mind.

The show does a great job in dealing with the joys and pain of dealing with family.

Erica Ash did a great job with M Chuck's funeral scene.

It's good to see M Chuck find closure and Cam build a relationship with his dad. I'm looking forward to the main cast coming together again though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode is tonight!

Feel Free to Comment

Cam and Allison have a run-in with some fans; Reggie advises Missy to think twice about taking on a job; and Cassie's podcast lands on a hot topic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two part finale is tonight!

Family Ties

Cassie catches up with an old friend; Cam and Reggie visit a school; Missy and Allison each receive some unsolicited advice.

Answers and Questions

Missy pressures Reggie to make a play for their independence; M-Chuck's satisfaction comes at the cost of Cassie's; Cam rebuffs Flaherty. Series finale.

After watching the finale, I'm even more disappointed that the show is ending.

Cam's dad was right, Allison does look like a Disney princess. A shame we won't see her walk down the aisle.

I'm siding with Missy on the Chen deal.

So many more stories the show could have told.

TripOpt55

I had fallen behind, but since it was ending I decided to catch up tonight on the last five episodes. Really good. This show certainly seemed to have life left in it and more stories to tell, but I could have been fine with the four quality seasons we got. But man the ending just doesn't work at all as a series finale. It was kind of a bummer because of that. I wish the writers had been able to craft a proper, conclusive ending here. Oh well. That is how TV goes sometimes. Great show. Made me laugh. Tackled some really interesting subject matter in both humorous and thought-provoking ways over the years. One of the most underrated shows on TV in recent memory.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This show certainly seemed to have life left in it and more stories to tell, but I could have been fine with the four quality seasons we got. But man the ending just doesn't work at all as a series finale. It was kind of a bummer because of that. I wish the writers had been able to craft a proper, conclusive ending here. Oh well. That is how TV goes sometimes. Great show. Made me laugh. Tackled some really interesting subject matter in both humorous and thought-provoking ways over the years. One of the most underrated shows on TV in recent memory.

My thoughts exactly. The episodes themselves were good, but that last one really didn't work as a series finale. Ah well. It was a good show while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom