• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SW Battlefront's February's Content Drop and Patch Notes

yeah, fucking worst money spent in recent memory. I bought it without thinking as i assumed it would deliver similar, necessary and great content as Battlefield Premiums did before this...

It took an equally long time for Battlefield Premium to start delivering.

The Battlefront Season Pass might turn out to be great value in the end.

It is pretty sad that some certain people can take what is pretty obviously only good news and twist it into hate shitposting.

There's 15 positive posts for every negative one on the previous page.

Don't draw more attention to it than it deserves.

It took an equally long time for Battlefield Premium to start delivering.

The Battlefront Season Pass might turn out to be great value in the end.

Its got roughly the same amount of content as Battlefield Premium. 4 DLCs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new gadgets (star cards), new vehicles, and new heroes (not applicable to Battlefield).

Everyone getting some free content doesn't devaluate the season pass, there will still be the same number of maps etc as promised before launch. We are just getting some more stuff that's for everyone.

I don't understand

The content is yet to drop, it's a DICE season pass, the first piece is coming next month.

What is there to be upset by? free content drops to sustain you before the main meal.

Why did you guys buy it so early without any details?

NotMyPsn

Banned
My only current problem with the game is the AT-ST's "Run" that need the L3 to be held press. Please make it a toggle like a soldier.

Anyone know if the Blast trophy is being added retrospectively for anyone that already should have got it, or will we need to come top again?

-hadouken

Really digging the new map so far. The Icelandic caves from the first hoth map are larger and more beautiful than ever.

Cb5kf70UcAAqJjk.png

Anyone know if the Blast trophy is being added retrospectively for anyone that already should have got it, or will we need to come top again?

I expect you'll need to do it again. Can't see it being rewarded retrospectively.

I need to renew my PS+ membership. I've been engrossed by my Death March play through of the Witcher but this makes me want to jump back into BF.

Apdiddy

Achievements / Trophies: "Playing the Objective" now properly awarded

Jesus christ finally.

Looking forward to it. Still not up on PS4, EU, retail.

This. The conditions prior to the fix seems to have been time must expire for the trophy/achievement to be awarded. Having the kills reach the score limit negated it.

Over the weekend, I had gotten the most kills in Blast but reached the score limit. Hopefully, it'll unlock for me when I log in tonight.

J_Viper

Great news.

I'm still enjoying the game turns, but DICE sure are taking their sweet time with the paid content.

What are the chances of them adding some more much needed customization options?

Twilight on Hoth going to be gorgeous, and I'm glad that Leia gets some outfit love :)

I really hope the season pass stuff is good. I haven't bought it yet but if it is I'd consider it, just such a shame they're not doing any TFA content. :(

Vard

Looks like an awesome content-heavy update. looking forward to trying out the new Hoth Map and more of Turning Point.

TVexperto

I feel like the maps are way too empty... i want old houses for example or something like that, like in battlefield where you you so many indoor options

jooso

Haven't played Battlefront in a few weeks. Got bored of the same few maps, but this seems like a great time to get back to it. It's such a fun game, hopefully EA lowers the price of the season pass a bit to give the game more staying power.

Haven't played Battlefront in a few weeks. Got bored of the same few maps, but this seems like a great time to get back to it. It's such a fun game, hopefully EA lowers the price of the season pass a bit to give the game more staying power.

Why? Just because some people cant accept the price of a meaty season pass? You know each DLC has a lot of content and its worth the price.
You can still snag some deals here and there. And if you are on XboxOne, just shop in a different region :p

Boke1879

Thank god they are adding Jakku to the rotation. Should have always been that way imo.

The content looks great. Was going to jump into Halo today but I'm jumping back into this. Can't wait.

jooso

Why? Just because some people cant accept the price of a meaty season pass? You know each DLC has a lot of content and its worth the price.
You can still snag some deals here and there. And if you are on XboxOne, just shop in a different region :p

PS4 here, the season pass is 50 euros, which is a too much for most people, as seen on the internet. Battlefront is my most played shooter since BF3 so I'll probably get it and just skip one AAA game.

As someone who plays HvV exclusively 99% of the time I play Battlefront, getting rid of the stun lock and buffing the shocktroopers were overdue.

Still a lot of tweaking and improving they should do to that mode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How many fucking canon planets do you think the Star Wars universe contains?

21 that are actually shown in the films so far.

There are dozens more that we already know visually from Clone Wars, Rebels, and the comics.

I can also count 15+ others from which we have text descriptions of from the first Aftermath book.

Just thought I'd transform your rhetorical question into an actual one considering it's definitely worth answering.

PS4 here, the season pass is 50 euros, which is a too much for most people, as seen on the internet. Battlefront is my most played shooter since BF3 so I'll probably get it and just skip one AAA game.

Ive got the Season Pass for BF4 and Hardline on PS4 for 50 bucks each. :p
I own Battlefront on both consoles. But i decided to get the Season Pass on Xbox for now.

Yeah it sucks to some. But IMO the price is still worth. THere is always a lot of content in this packs. Sadly people ignore that and want everything for free..

yeah, fucking worst money spent in recent memory. I bought it without thinking as i assumed it would deliver similar, necessary and great content as Battlefield Premiums did before this...

wat? They havent released any Season pass pack yet... or do you have already seen all the Content they want to deliver? If yes, then show me... Overreaction to the max...

And each paid DLC will offer way more than just one new map...

21 that are actually shown in the films so far.

There are dozens more that we already know visually from Clone Wars, Rebels, and the comics.

I can also count 15+ others from which we have text descriptions of from the first Aftermath book.

Just thought I'd transform your rhetorical question into an actual one considering it's definitely worth answering.
How many of those were shown/visited in the original trilogy?

If you've followed the game it's pretty clear that EA is very much handcuffed by typical Disney style guidelines. Jakku was a one off Force awakens tie-in.

Battlefront still has issues but if you're playing it regularly maps isn't really one of them. There's plenty of variety already there and they're adding more free ones monthly.

How many fucking canon planets do you think the Star Wars universe contains?

Some people need developers to dance for them. I just want new maps and for free which I am getting and am happy with. I don't care if it is in a different environment. Most of the people complaining don't even own the game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How many of those were shown/visited in the original trilogy?

If you've followed the game it's pretty clear that EA is very much handcuffed by typical Disney style guidelines. Jakku was a one off Force awakens tie-in.

Battlefront still has issues but if you're playing it regularly maps isn't really one of them. There's plenty of variety already there and they're adding more free ones monthly.

7 plus the Death Stars.

Tubie

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

I hope you're wrong. :(

Now It's not that hard to do honestly, you just need to have one good game.

I got it before they fixed it, the only way to get it before this patch was to be #1 when the timer ran out.

Bless you random broken 5v5 server that never got filled because matchmaking was kinda broken back then lol.

7 plus the Death Stars.
Tatooine
Alderaan (no depiction of surface)
Yavin IV
Death Star I

Hoth
Bespin
Dagobah

Endor

7 including the Death Star. Alderaan doesn't count.
We are getting DLC for Bespin and the Death Star confirmed. The last DLC is unknown and the first includes the factories of Sullust and Jabba's Palace.

So there are only two locations from the OT that aren't being used yet.

Top Bottom