• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SW Battlefront's February's Content Drop and Patch Notes

I've been eyeing this game for a while. But I'd want to get it on PC. I'm just concerned about the player count because I know it's way less than the console versions and don't want to find myself in a position where a lot of modes are unplayable because there are only 5 people in the playlist.

I've been eyeing this game for a while. But I'd want to get it on PC. I'm just concerned about the player count because I know it's way less than the console versions and don't want to find myself in a position where a lot of modes are unplayable because there are only 5 people in the playlist.
It's dead on PC don't buy the game for it. It's thriving on ps4 though. Can get matches anytime during the day.

thelastword

Banned
It's not at all surprising how quickly this game has lost all hype with slower sales than expected at launch and even moreso now after a couple of months. With all of it's content drops and patch updates, it seems that many people are just not that interested.

It's not at all surprising how quickly this game has lost all hype with slower sales than expected at launch and even moreso now after a couple of months. With all of it's content drops and patch updates, it seems that many people are just not that interested.
The game is still topping npd charts.....and already sold like gazillion copies. It's only dead on PC.

This is why I haven't bought it. I just don't want to play this game on PS4/XB1. Sucks that it did as poorly as it did on PC.

No server browser killed the game on the PC.

Unfortunately.

Curious, as to why you don't want play on the console though?

The game was made for consoles as much as the bad company series was.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

The game sold over 12 million units, and has been on the NPD charts every month after it hit.

PS4 sees plenty of playtime. Anytime we jump on, there is always people playing. Xbox while lower, has had no issues either.

Now if you are talking PC, well no AAA shooter in recent years fairs well there. F2P, MOBA, and thrifty gaming thrives there.

Memnoch

So when the fuck is the season pass content going to drop?

I mean it's great that you're pleasing people with free content but what about adding some for people that paid an extra buck!?
Yeah and here in Canada we paid $80.

I feel your pain. Been waiting since December for some paid content.

You hopefully know that creating new maps takes some time... its not like DICE can snap and woloa new maps...

The game just released in Nov. Already got a free pack with Jakku and another one this month. One more map next month the Outer Rim Pack right after that.

Thats basicly a constant steam of content.
If they can do that in April and May until E3, it would be even better.

The game sold over 12 million units, and has been on the NPD charts every month after it hit.

PS4 sees plenty of playtime. Anytime we jump on, there is always people playing. Xbox while lower, has had no issues either.

Now if you are talking PC, well no AAA shooter in recent years fairs well there. F2P, MOBA, and thrifty gaming thrives there.

um

http://bf4stats.com/

maybe they should have released a full game with a server browser

Counter Strike: GO is number 2 on Steam right now. GTA V if that counts is also in the top 10 along with TF2.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
um

http://bf4stats.com/

maybe they should have released a full game with a server browser

Counter Strike: GO is number 2 on Steam right now. GTA V if that counts is also in the top 10 along with TF2.

While I agree about the browser ten fold, and it does have an impact, those numbers are still paltry when you compare to all the MOBA/F2P/CS, etc. in the PC arena. Considering how many PC gamers there are compared to PS4's, where the numbers are more than 5x+ in comparison on the consoles.

When AAA shooters used to be much more popular a decade or so ago. And that is my point, most PC gamers seem to play CS and TF2 more.

Battlefield and Battlefront's numbers would be larger if they were on Steam as well. But Battlefront does need a server browser.

Arttemis

On PS4, with enough experience to reach Rank 25:

I've never had to wait at all to find a game, regardless of the match type. I select the game mode, and literally within 3 seconds, I'm already joining one that's filled with my addition. If I manually select a map, maybe 4 seconds later and I'm in that match type for that specific map and it's 85% full.

The game is jump-in bliss regarding player base.

There are definitely some suggestions for improving its depth and lasting power, though.

Top Bottom