• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SW Battlefront's Free March Content Out Now

No patch, just a pure content drop:

New Mission: Rebel Depot on Tatooine added as a new Survival Mission.

New Map: Survivors of Endor added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point.

A couple of screenshots of the WA map from my brief time trying it on the x1. Plays very different to Endor already in the game, so many side passage and secret areas, caves etc. More open is the middle, but higher vantage ponts scattered throughout.

Screenshot-Original.png

Now bring on the Outer Rim DLC, either next week or the week after.

tumblr_m3jmvaU5ct1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Risgroo

The map is a lot of fun! A bit more open than the other Endor map, but with a few choke points around the middle control point and in the caves.

eizarus

Banned
Gotta love the regular content drops. Personally, I think the maps are progressively better, though I've yet to try this new one. Loved the night time Hoth map, especially when you're piloting a ship.

That was fast. Awesome stuff ! Look forward to trying the map ! Funny they already had it prepped in the previous patch. Glad they didn't wait till the end of the month with releasing it :p

Currently online players

PC: 2,296 (24h peak: 6,545)

XBOXONE: 4,424 (24h peak: 26,065)

PS4: 12,996 (24h peak: 37,051)

Still seems to be doing well on PS4, quite surprised by the peak numbers, sort of wish I hadn't bought it on PC, oh well.

any idea if they'll add to the DLC through this method too? like when the intial bespin maps are added to the game, have they hinted towards expanding that selection doen the line?

JohnDrake

I don't own the season pass and I am not sure if I am gonna get the expansion. The heroes were a big killer in my interest.

Do you guys think it is worth it? I also usually don't play the survivor missions (I don't have anyone to play with me), just the multiplayer.

G_Berry

Banned
Currently online players

PC: 2,296 (24h peak: 6,545)

XBOXONE: 4,424 (24h peak: 26,065)

PS4: 12,996 (24h peak: 37,051)

Still seems to be doing well on PS4, quite surprised by the peak numbers, sort of wish I hadn't bought it on PC, oh well.
Wow, this is pretty bad. Is that worldwide?

Ozorov

I don't own the season pass and I am not sure if I am gonna get the expansion. The heroes were a big killer in my interest.

Do you guys think it is worth it? I also usually don't play the survivor missions (I don't have anyone to play with me), just the multiplayer.
You can buy each pack individualy if you want to. Outer rim will have four new maps, new weapons and star cards. And heroes as you mentioned

nillah

Banned
Playing through Battlefronts rank system makes one appreciate COD's prestige system. Hopefully DICE addresses that.

Are there any new trophies for any content that's coming?

I still have two trophies left on the vanilla version and it's the hardest ones. Ugh! I want my plat!

If you have reservations, just wait for info on the first map pack at least.

We should be getting a detailed blog post soon on just what is exactly included in the first map pack.

I'm glad they're still adding maps to the game but man it's a shame they had to rush Battlefront out to land when the movie did. It would've fared quite a bit better with these free maps having been part of the original release instead of being added months after launch.

RyanW

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nice pics. Love how they were able to alter the scenery in the new map. This game just outdoes itself every time graphically.

Top Bottom