• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SW Battlefront's Outer Rim/Free Content/Patch Out Now

DirtyLarry

Actually looking forward to checking this out when I get home. Hopefully the patch installs on its own on PS4, that is always hit or miss for me.

k4n3

Banned
new maps look amazing but i hope these new 'heroes' were a quick fix like to a the feedback about lack of content ....

they originally said 4 new heroes and i was thinking like, lando for the empire and chewy in bespin and then Grand Moff Tarkin and Obi wan for the death star, watch bossk and porkins are the last two ugh

Arttemis

new maps look amazing but i hope these new 'heroes' were a quick fix like to a the feedback about lack of content ....

they originally said 4 new heroes and i was thinking like, lando for the empire and chewy in bespin and then Grand Moff Tarkin and Obi wan for the death star, watch bossk and porkins are the last two ugh

I really hope Lando isn't an Empire agent. Even when he turned in his old friend, he dd it to save the citizens of his city, and when he saw it happen, he risked his life to save him.

My guess for the 6 remaining characters:
Rebels: Lando, Chewie, Obi-Wan
Empire: IG-88, Bossk, Gran Moff Tarkin / another bounty hunter

The only thing I really didn't know about this update was if it had new Trophies or not. Yay for more trophies!

Can't wait to play this tonight.

I really hope Lando isn't an Empire agent. Even when he turned in his old friend, he dd it to save the citizens of his city, and when he saw it happen, he risked his life to save him.

My guess for the 6 remaining characters:
Rebels: Lando, Chewie, Obi-Wan
Empire: IG-88, Bossk, Gran Moff Tarkin / another bounty hunter

That would be a best case scenario, I can see them adding a Mon Cal skin for the rebels so they can give us Ackbar though.

It would be cool if Lando's ability played on how duplicitous he was in Empire.

Like, activate an ability and his in-game name tag changes from red for enemies to blue, to confuse them.

This is my main problem with getting my MP games on PC. I prefer the quality of the experience but not at the expense of the game becoming obsolete so quickly. Had to stop playing Titanfall, which I love, cause it became such a pain in the ass to find games, and now this one as well. I purchased the Division recently but now im starting to wonder if I should have bought it on PS4 (dat 60fps tho).

very few pc games that arent f2p have lasting online communities. battlefield mainline games, blizzard games and, well drawing a blank here.

b0bbyJ03

very few pc games that arent f2p have lasting online communities. battlefield mainline games, blizzard games and, well drawing a blank here.

Yea, I'm kind of learning that is the case. The battlefield games have been amazing on PC but other than that its been hit or miss with MP. I guess I'll be sticking to console for most going forward but I will def be buying BF5 on PC. lol.

MiguelItUp

Played it over lunch and was incredibly happy with it. I'm so excited to be playing again, and look forward to making it my primary game again for the coming weeks. Extraction is a lot of fun, and the balance changes feel solid.

Forgot about rolling being implemented though and didn't even try it, haha oops!

Blues1990

I wished there were maps that are based off of locations on the new film, or even the prequel trilogy.

Just limiting the whole experience to episodes IV-VI feels a bit backwards, as you are also limiting all the cool experiences the Star Wars universe can offer.

MiguelItUp

Unlocked locked behind unlocks and streaks again. Fuck. What am I paying for again!?!?!?!

Otherwise I enjoy the DLC.

As much as I'd love to just have everything upfront, it does push me to play more. So I guess in that regard it's kind of a two way road for me.

SpyGuy239

As much as I'd love to just have everything upfront, it does push me to play more. So I guess in that regard it's kind of a two way road for me.

I diss only because I spend most of my time at work and have no time to play. If I was back in high school/college though...

Ktg1973

Banned
Big problem here: at the end of each game, in any mode, no credits are given to me. It also happens to someone else?

MiguelItUp

I diss only because I spend most of my time at work and have no time to play. If I was back in high school/college though...

Haha, believe me I understand and I'm right there with you.

Big problem here: at the end of each game, in any mode, no credits are given to me. It also happens to someone else?

I think it may be a bug. I completed one game and literally saw that I earned nothing. But when I went through the menus the money I earned was definitely there.

E-flux

Would people here say that the game has enough content now? Or should wait for everything on the season pass to be released?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is this game still all grenade spam and shitty spawns?

Should I wait for the special edition release with all the content, or get it now? I'm in no rush, but if it's getting better, would it be worth while to jump in now?

I was kinda bummed for having paid $30 on the game, but after all these free content patches I'm pretty satisfied! Keep them coming DICE :)

hesido

The decision with the grenades not getting through shields is spot on, because any time shields were being used, they acted like a giant "Toss Grenade Here" sign.

Would people here say that the game has enough content now? Or should wait for everything on the season pass to be released?

Yes

And there is plenty more free content coming.

Since release in november, we have got (for free) 3 large maps.

2 survival maps

1 repurposed small map, 1 new small map

Alternate costumes

2 brand new weapons

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
your wording implies you own the game. wont even take you 15 minutes of playing to see that nothing really changed wrt nade spam and shit spawning
I'd have to re-download it. I got the ultimate edition or whatever it was called before launch... just wondering if the dlc brought any changes.

Inside

Yeah it seems like they fixed Hero Hunt but what is the "wheel of fortune type thing"?

I think I might buy my first season pass for a game ever.

Finally got my first win in Hero Hunt today. The wheel of fortune is a great addition as it gives you a chance to become the Hero very fast. And the more damage, the higher the chance.

Love how everybody is chasing the hero now. Before everybody was camping and the Hero left alone somewhere inside hoping to get a few easy kills.

Might pick up the season pass after all! How does people like Outer Rim so far?

I like the Assignments. I also like the Hutt Contracts. Therefore, YOU suck.

TwqBqVM.gif

eFKac

Hero choice in Hero vs Villiain is a terrible change.

It slowed down the game considerably, since the break between rounds is way longer now in my experience, as one or more guys takes fucking 30 seconds. (hopefully as time goes on, people will know the system and all players will be faster to pick) And if you're not fast enough you'll likely end up with the same Hero 3 times during the match. Previous system wasn't perfect but at least it had some variety.

Gravidee

TBH, I wouldn't mind Bossk as a playable character on the Empire side.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

TBH, I wouldn't mind Bossk as a playable character on the Empire side.

I'd be cool with Porkins.

He was played by William Hootkins, who played Dr. Zarkoff's assistant Munson in Flash Gordon, he played one of the FBI guys in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and he played Captain Eckheart in Tim Burton's Batman. He also did the voice for Max Roivas in Eternal Darkness. RIP William Hootkins.

As to the expansion:

New maps are good, but I don't like the structure that doesn't let me just play Blast on the new maps, but forces me to rotate through game types within the new maps. Like specifying maps on the big board of game types, you can specify a game type within the Outer Rim, but only for one game, then its back to a rotation of game types I don't really want to play.

Top Bottom