• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swedish model gets rape threats after ad shows her unshaved legs

Ecto311

I think the thing to take away from most internet males being shitlords is the fact that most males probably are no matter if they use the net or not.

Most males are shitlords? Wtf does that mean? How does that get a pass and saying most ladies are bitches is ban material? I know a fuckton of guys through my life and like me would like shaved legs on their lady but also would die for them so how does this pass as shitlord? My wife would be out the door if she didn't shave and take care of her body and I would be out the door just as much if I didn't take care of myself. There is no oddity or extreme viewpoint here. We like each other to be groomed to a certain point. Are either of us models? Nope but we also don't want to offend each other by not doing basic shit. If I was to let my hair or beard get nuts then she would have a problem. Same if she let her shit get out of line and she is fine taking the 4 min max to figure that shit out.

It's the same theory of making the bed. If you make it then you are starting the day off taking care of shit and are more likely to do it though the day in all things. Granted we don't make the bed because who gives a shit but we do take care of things as a sign of respect and love for each other. If she gave up and stopped then I would take that as she doesn't care about what I think and same the reverse way. She would see I don't care about what she likes and move on too. We both shower and try to stay fit as much as we can so we can keep attracting each other after 15 years together and 10 years married.

I wish more men wore their back hairs and shoulder hair more proudly in online photos/social media!

As a hairy man myself; would love to also fight that negative stigma society has put on my types.

Fat4all

Banned
Most males are shitlords? Wtf does that mean? How does that get a pass and saying most ladies are bitches is ban material? I know a fuckton of guys through my life and like me would like shaved legs on their lady but also would die for them so how does this pass as shitlord? My wife would be out the door if she didn't shave and take care of her body and I would be out the door just as much if I didn't take care of myself. There is no oddity or extreme viewpoint here. We like each other to be groomed to a certain point. Are either of us models? Nope but we also don't want to offend each other by not doing basic shit. If I was to let my hair or beard get nuts then she would have a problem. Same if she let her shit get out of line and she is fine taking the 4 min max to figure that shit out.

It's the same theory of making the bed. If you make it then you are starting the day off taking care of shit and are more likely to do it though the day in all things. Granted we don't make the bed because who gives a shit but we do take care of things as a sign of respect and love for each other. If she gave up and stopped then I would take that as she doesn't care about what I think and same the reverse way. She would see I don't care about what she likes and move on too. We both shower and try to stay fit as much as we can so we can keep attracting each other after 15 years together and 10 years married.

the heck are you talking about

Instro

Get used to leg hair, people. At least for women who want to keep it. The idea that women need to artificially modify their bodies to be beautiful is on its way out. It was only around for a hundred years or so anyway.

Body modification, hair removal, etc., has been around in various cultures for thousands of years. Our current culture is obsessed plastic surgery, and various forms of body modification, both natural and artificial. Beauty standards on not going to reverse to find hairiness on either sex particularly attractive.

Wtf at people attacking her for this though.

I wish more men wore their back hairs and shoulder hair more proudly in online photos/social media!

As a hairy man myself; would love to also fight that negative stigma society has put on my types.

Never.

Just like I like to shave my legs because hair bothers me, I understand women that dont like to shave them for whatever reason

So this is just infuriating

fuck people

giphy.gif

I don't need more nightmares.

Shave your legs on the regular and see how much you like it.

I used to shave my legs because I rode a bicycle (or was it the other way around?), and I loved it. Pants and sheets felt great against my skin. Oddly, it was only uncomfortable on hot days, when the sweat lays against your skin; body hair wicks the sweat away. I stopped riding a bike and didn't have the excuse to shave anymore, until recently when I noticed I was getting "old man" sparsely-haired legs, so I trim down to the skin, but I haven't used a blade.

But, these sick bastards wouldn't learn empathy from doing so.

Sai-kun

Banned

Hahaha grow the fuck up

as a fellow hairy man myself I agree

its a source of anxiety for me because mens chests and backs are always portrayed in movies as hairless

I got no shame in my game when I go out swimming in pools or outdoor areas.

I agree. My shoulder and back hair connect with my chest to form a mighty lions mane.

as a fellow hairy man myself I agree

its a source of anxiety for me because mens chests and backs are always portrayed in movies as hairless

Now we're getting somewhere!

I wish I can high five you three right now, you guys are probably cool dudes to chill with!

There is a dude at my work,
This guy wears tank tops every other day and he has dark shoulder/back hairs, totally exposed! and he isn't even a bad looking dude, he's in good physical shape, got a badass beard too.. and crazy enough, he is always shooting the shit with the ladies.

As a hairy man myself, I cannot help to admit that I envy his confidence!

Now we're getting somewhere!

I wish I can high five you two right now, you guys are probably cool dudes to chill with!

There is a dude at my work,
This guy wears tank tops every other day and he has dark shoulder/back hairs, totally exposed! and he isn't even a bad looking dude, he's in good physical shape, got a badass beard too.. and crazy enough, he is always shooting the shit with the ladies.

As a hairy man myself, I cannot help to admit that I envy his confidence!

Be like the woman in the OP.
Be who you are, don't worry about small-minded people.

Could you please read my other posts in the thread? I've already stated that I don't think hair is an end all be all end all thing. If a male prefers a female to have shaved legs that's fine, but he shouldn't be offended if the female expects the same thing. e.g. I think most males are shitlords because they wouldn't give a woman a chance if they didn't shave their legs when they themselves don't.

My response was solely in regards to males expecting women to shave areas they don't, then if the women don't they should be raped. I just feel a lot of men believe women should conform to household rituals and self-maintenance that they don't.

Alucrid

Banned

i am glad that you both shower. bravo

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I realize that. I mean, I don't think finding an abundance of body hair unattractive is some controversial viewpoint, is it? My ex rarely shaved, I dealt with it because we had a lot of fun together, doesn't mean I liked it when I went down on her and got a mouthful of hair.

It's not even a woman-specific thing. I think an abundance of body hair is unattractive whoever you are.

1) depends on how you express your preference

2) nobody really gives a fuck about what you like sexually, and since this was about shaved legs it's creepy that you felt the need to discuss oral sex. We don't care.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Making a thread about rape threats all about you. Pathetic.

Also:

Are either of us models? Nope but we also don't want to offend each other by not doing basic shit. If I was to let my hair or beard get nuts then she would have a problem. Same if she let her shit get out of line

"Offend?
"basic shit"?
"out of line"?

What even is this?

nobody really gives a fuck about what you like sexually, and since this was about shaved legs it's creepy that you felt the need to discuss oral sex. We don't care.

Making a thread about rape threats all about you. Pathetic.

Exactly. That's what I was trying to get at earlier. A thread about someone receiving rape threats for not having her legs shaved isn't the place to say that one doesn't like shaved legs.

But this guy is just completely over-the-top.

Doesn't sound like you have a wife. And if you did, I feel sorry for her yeesh

RMI

Banned
sucks for her. Men can be trash sometimes. The expectation that women always need to be perfectly groomed is gross.

Damn... surely you can see the irony?

Pathetic response. And the grey shoes are much more disturbing to me.

Jesus fucking christ. Also pathetic.

It's not in my right to say that I'd have a preference as a man, for men to groom their body hair? Or were you misunderstand me talking about her? I just dislike body hair lol, and I have experiences playing sports shirts/no shirts with people who have a lot of body hair...

giphy.gif

It's not necessarily in the mouth, although that's a nightmare scenario, it's just that, texture...

I'm never going to be angry at someone for having body hair if they want the convenience of not shaving/maintaining. But I won't lie and say I don't prefer both men and women without body hair. That's just my preference. As far as the picture, it was a joke, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
As somebody who used to own the same model adidads I can attest those shoes are NOT safe for work - they soak in water at the first sign of rain.

that lady has more hair on her legs than I do

but i'm black and finding a black person with any noticeable body hair is like finding a leprechaun

Forward

Right. nsfl is more accurate.

To this poster's credit, I think he was commenting with acerbic deadpan derision towards the death threats she received.

I saw it as condemning the asshole death threats, at any rate.

Maybe my sarcasm detector is working overtime.

Giolon

The rape threats are totally disgusting and unacceptable.

While we're going over the tyrannical oppression that is expecting women to shave their underarms and legs, I want to remind folks that in many retail and customer facing service jobs, for men not having a clean shaven face is grounds for dismissal as part of the dress code. I had a job where a well groomed mustache was the only alternative option to being completely clean shaven. It was also a no tattoo and no bright hair dyes sort of place. Shaving my face every day, heck even every other day, tears my skin up something awful, and I'm the type that has a 5 o clock shadow by 2 in the afternoon.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The rape threats are totally disgusting and unacceptable.

While we’re going over the tyrannical oppression that is expecting women to shave their underarms and legs, I want to remind folks that in many retail and customer facing service jobs, for men not having a clean shaven face is grounds for dismissal as part of the dress code. I had a job where a well groomed mustache was the only alternative option to being completely clean shaven. It was also a no tattoo and no bright hair dyes sort of place. Shaving my face every day, heck even every other day, tears my skin up something awful, and I’m the type that has a 5 o clock shadow by 2 in the afternoon.
Daily shaving was obligatory in the army. An extremely unpleasant effect on some kinds of skin. I think I developed a semi-conscious reaction not to shave after that.

Forward

People who attack or criticise others for having natural body hair are not worth interacting with.

That is lonely life, in America.

I hate facial hair, so shaving my face isn't THAT big of a deal... just means a very hot shower 3 times a week.

But damn, I would love not to have to keep my chest and back trimmed, too. I have a much lighter version of Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon "wings" on my back otherwise. If you don't think leaving those unshaved gets you treated differently (significantly lesser), then you haven't actually lived here unless under a rock/without such hair.

I have to shamefully admit, not used to seeing hair on women's legs. Nothing wrong with it though, she's beautiful and stunning as far as I'm concerned. Mind boggling to me that people would have such a problem with it.

Top Bottom