• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swedish retailer auctioning off a Sony Gaystation during Stockholm Pride Festival

Hydrargyrus

I'm not gay and I love that edition.

They should remove the heart, but it's nice even with that.

It remains me a little the old PS logo, when colours were cool

Playstation-Logo-Font.jpg

Famassu

That's the second best PS4 colouring right after the white Destiny PS4. Or a tie. If those were sold in larger quantities, I'd consider buying one and selling my black one to my little brother or some relative.

Derpcrawler

Purple looks nice on PS4, I wonder if they will make full purple console. Even then it still looks really good, would buy it, too bad heart is a little bit out of place.

I'm not gay but that would look amazing in my daughters bedroom (she is 14 months!).
Wish Sony would allow a custom programme where you get to pick what your console has on it

Stasis

Great looking design, imo.

The PS4 is well suited to special color editions I feel. I'd get this, but I mostly want one in the throwback PS1 gray.

Replicant

The immature 10-year old in me cackling at the name. Don't ban me please, I'm gay!

Seriously though, being gay is a harsh life IME. I hope kids these days have it better than I did then and am now. I hope the world in the future is a much better place for LGBT people.

"For the gaymers" I can deal with but "Gaystation"? That just sounds like the name of a gas station chain in the future if gay pride continues at its current trajectory.

Robin64

Haha, brilliant. This is what some early Nintendo gaming mags used to call the original PlayStation, choosing to be even more cringeworthy than the ones who used GreyStation. (Also SadTurn)

I think that design is awesome. Not something I imagine most people would want to stand out like that lest they be judged (not saying it's a bad thing, but some folks are worried about outward appearances, right?), but hey, I rent an apartment and am pretty much the only person to ever reside in the room my console is in, so this seems fine by me.

Could always use something to shake-up the amount of charcoal black gear I have.

The title made me do a double take, and I went to check that I wasn't on gamefaqs. Wow, it's real.

That's a cool promotion, despite the trolleriffic name. And the console doesn't look terrible!

NotLiquid

Wow, nice.

But it's actually Sony haters' favourite word from last gen.

I think that kind of adds more power to this specific naming convention. It shouldn't be an insult to begin with so this is taking that word and making something good out of it.

oh the irony, i just can't take it lol. an organization that defends gay rights makes products with terrible gay stereotypes. not all gay men act feminine and like girly stuff.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I would love that without the heart.

There's a number of striped colour combinations that could work well actually.

oh the irony, i just can't take it lol. an organization that defends gay rights makes products with terrible gay stereotypes. not all gay men act feminine and like girly stuff.

The rainbow is a symbol of the pride movement, and the heart is an iconic motif because of the Zelda series. It's not girly. Also, some gay people actually are female.

...what the heck does a rainbow design have to do with masculinity or femininity? The rainbow is as gay as apple pie is American.

Really not sure I follow you on this one, champ. You're gonna have to take me through this step-by-step.

The rainbow is a symbol of the pride movement, and the heart is an iconic motif because of the Zelda series. It's not girly. Also, some gay people actually are female.

thats transgender, not gay. the design choice is not convincing enough, there shouldn't be a product like this in the first place. it can only make gay men feel even more separated/uncomfortable than the rest of community. a gay man should be treated like a straight man and vice versa.

edit: what i am trying to say is that the product is generalizing something that not every gay man is interested in, that all.

Top Bottom