• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swery smacks down his own PR guy on Twitter over lack of demo

This is to be seen to be believed.

Someone on Twitter asked Access Games, who are publishing the PC version of D4, whether there'll be a demo of it before release?

P9hjECX.png

Link

Access Games responds:

eoV3uT1.png

Link

THEN... Swery lays the smackdown:

MBl4Ib1.png

Link

Un. Be. Lievable.

Cleve

Poor Swery, guy wants more people to be exposed to his game, but I can't say that calling out your publisher publicly is a smart move. (I'd say it's pretty dumb)

I'll never get why people air this shit over twitter.

Erevador

It seems like maybe the PR guy actually didn't know who was tweeting him and thought it was some random fan. Oh man... bad to be that guy right now.

Dinda

Yeah, maybe i wait a little until i buy the thing.

Don't have time to play it anyway and my urge to support the guy just dropped a little.

kewlmyc

Based Swery.

A demo would be nice though.

EDIT: Actually after rereading the tweet, the PR guy didn't really do anything wrong. There's no plans for it and that's what the PR guy said.

CO_Andy

Yikes! Well, it is true Swery probably has more power than the guy handling the company's Twitter account.

Would like to say the Deadly Premonition PC port is absolutely terrible because it has lots of incompatibility issues. A demo DEFINITELY would of been nice, but it is cool to see Swery owning up to his developer's problems (and there are many).

Zomba13

Well SWERY wants people to play the game and we all know "there are no plans" means no, we won't be doing that you stupid fuck, buy the game or gtfo. SWERY was saying it's not up to them whether he releases a demo but it's up to him and from that tweet it seems like something he wants to do but then got annoyed that the publisher basically said no which could lead people to just ignore the game because they wanted a demo which they have been told wont be coming and would lead to fewer sales which would lead to no more D4 which would lead to a sad SWERY.

diaspora

The guy that runs the publisher's twitter account may not know that Swery may have control as to whether or not he releases a D4 demo.

Man, he came across as a jerk in that tweet. What kind of a response is that? He should have contacted the publisher directly and asked the PR guy to correct his response. Wow.

Too bad because I always felt like this guy was a cool cat, but that was pretty dickish of him.

qirex

I've never seen such internet turmoil over a quirky niche game made by a guy better known as a Twitter persona than a game developer.

Maybe he should...I don't know...communicate with his publisher team rather than berate a PR guy via Twitter who's in no position to promise anything to random people on the internet.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Pretty rude. If I were Access I'd considering pulling out, if not irrevocably bound (legally) to publish at this point. Working with a publisher is a give/take; not a "shut up PR d-bag, I do what I want and just take your marketing money" situation.

Slowdive

Banned
While the tweet seems rude, Swery is one of the founders of Access games, it's not like he's telling someone from another company like the OP says. And Playism are publishing it on PC anyway. Plus there is a demo, Jim Sterling put a video of it on his YT channel.

Sendou

Pretty rude. If I were Access I'd considering pulling out, if not irrevocably bound (legally) to publish at this point. Working with a publisher is a give/take; not a "shut up PR d-bag, I do what I want and just take your marketing money" situation.

Pulling out from publishing a game they developed? lol

Top Bottom