• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch amazon.fr preorder up for 350 EUR ($306 USD) in France

Roi

I've seen multiple € prices now from different countries, my guess is that it will vary from €299 to €350.

Why 350€?
That makes no sense.
No sense at all.

350€ would definitely be too much.
Especially when it costs only $300. You'd be better off importing the console from the US.

350€?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, at least this explains why Nintendo told us to look at what the retailers are doing for the European pricing.

tKrbHB4.png

Mato

Perhaps Nintendo is deliberately planting decoy higher prices to sugarcoat the eventual 299 pill.

Nugg

DON'T FORGET TAXES. Just basic maths to remind everyone in France:

US prices don't include VAT.

$300 is 282€.
20% VAT (France) is 56€.
Direct conversion of the US price, including VAT is 338€. So yeah, 350€ is what you should expect.

Devil

Fixed prices or not, Nintendo will have likely have something to say about it nevertheless, right? 350€ would be way too fucking much.

We are used to get everything overpriced since $ are just exchanged with a € sign. But $300 transfer to roughly 280€. It would be insanely unfair to push the price up to 350€ from that.

edit: ^That tax thing makes it sound logical, still way too much to be successful.

Karu

$300 is 282€.
20% VAT (France) is 56€.
Direct conversion of the US price is 338€. So yeah, 350€ is what you should expect.
who cares about that At the enD of the day, though. Too much is too much, no matter who gets the money.

tolkir

$300 is 282€.
20% VAT (France) is 56€.
Direct conversion of the US price, including VAT is 338€. So yeah, 350€ is what you should expect.

What? Until now, none console does this, I don't see why Switch will do.

Kouriozan

Time to panic and jump to conclusion, then import it from UK.
Already pre-ordered because f*ck scalper, obviously the price will go down

seantos

Neo Member
I am enjoying watching this. Its like a game of seeing how high the price can go. Do we have Australian prices yet? They are usually good for a laugh as well.

Top Bottom