• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch: Buy Sonic Mania for EUR9.97 / USD11.70 on the Russian eShop

PetrCobra

Nope, you can relink after you change back. No big deal.

Thanks

So the page linked in OP showed me the price of 16 GBP, probably their databases haven't updated properly or something, so I just made the purchase on Switch. Had to re-login to my account. When making the purchase, at first they asked me about something concerning 3DS/Wii U, but my Russian sucks so I just said "no". My czech VISA card worked without issues.

MTC100

Banned
Oh... it is, it's also working with my European credit card, that's nice, for Mother Russia!

*That said, I wouldn't have bought it for more than 10 Euro either way but it's cool to have it right now of course :)

forrest

formerly nacire
So if I have $40 USD in eshop credit waiting to be spent on Mario + Rabbids, I can't do this correct?

Because I would likely snatch up Sonic at this price.

Kouriozan

Thanks for the heads up, worked perfectly, I was kinda scared that stores would be separated like the PSN, but buying it on the Russian website show bought on my country's eShop.

After I click to purchase and enter my password, it keeps going to am error 9001-0026 page that's all in russian and won't complete and this has happened 6 times now.

I guess I'll have to try on my Switch itself later after work.

Has anyone in Canada had any luck with this?

The message says to access the eshop with the switch linked to this nintendo account. When you login with your account on your switch you can then use link in OP, or just buy it from your switch.

MTC100

Banned
Here's the thing guys: Nintendo won't accept my European Visa card in the US/Canadian eShop they will surely not accept your US Cards in the European eShops.

If you buy eShop currency that isn't matching yours you will have a big problem of not being able to switch your region back if you still have balance, if you pay with a credit card you can select to pay exactly the amount the game asks for and so you will be left without any balance and can change your country back to what it was right away.

The game is pretty fun by the way, like the way they build it up, thought it was just some collection but it's more in a way of what Nintendo did with their NES Remix(by the way, release a Switch version of that please).

Also turn the CRT filter on in the video options everyone, looks great :)

DHSmL7pU0AAp_I4.jpg:large

Especially in Handheld Mode in motion with its flawless 60fps!

JCH!

I was on the fence about this one but I'll bite for 50% off.

Let's just hope that Nintendo doesn't decide to nuke region free because of things like this.

kirblar

PcGameSupply is running their $7 for $10 eShop code. If you don't want to mess w/ the settings it's a good alternative to this that still saves you a few bucks.

MTC100

Banned
Should just be able to get eShop credit then buy it right?

Be careful. You can't switch the country with your account if you still have a different currency on it, even if it's only 1 cent. - You might want to create a russian account for doing it this way but you won't get any gold coins for your purchase on your main account that way.

No go with either Visa or MasterCard in the US. Good thing too. I was this close to buying a Sonic game... Wouldn't have been able to live it down.

ShivUK

I've just done this.

I tried to use a different card to the one already saved on the account (I was trying to use a credit card with really good foreign currency rates) and it just wouldn't let me. It kept saying "check the details entered" (or at least that's what Google Translate tells me).

In the end I tried using the card already saved on the account and it went through without any problems.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also worth mentioning that I couldn't add either of the cards I have to a US account - I also got a "check the details entered" type of message.

Next time I buy something from the UK store, I'm going to make the credit card I wanted to use the saved card on the account and hope that will let me use it as the default the next time this happens.

EDIT: Thanks OP! I wasn't sure about getting this. The awesome deal combined with good reviews has pushed me over the edge!

Sealtest

Yup. Switched the country to Russia and then went to the link in the OP.

What I did was hit proceed to purchase then it'll log me in and say an error. Re-open the link in the OP and it'll show the Russian price.

I still can't buy it but that's how I was able to see the price.

Top Bottom