• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Datamine Shows 38 N64 Games and 52 Genesis Games

Kataploom

Gold Member
Cool, I wish they actually work at launch lol honestly that amount of games would make me byte for at least one year... probably

MrA

Banned
if the emulation was terrible that'd be nice, I mean the genesis line up already has some really good stuff I wasn't expecting like MUSHA, but not subbing if anything is broken

Tschumi

It'll take more than 2 years before they are released to be played though. This is the Nintendo time zone.
I hear Metroid Prime trilogy for switch is finished but just being held back because fuck us v_v

Last edited:

nush

I hear Metroid Prime trilogy for switch is finished but just being held back because fuck us v_v
wii-u-gamepad-zwart.jpg

The superior virtual console.

N64 doesn’t have the biggest overalll library, so relatively speaking there’s a better percentage of N64 games than Gen
I mean, that's not wrong, but that still doesn't justify the price paid to effectively rent games and an emulator.

Remember when Blockbuster had 1-day rentals for a $1-2.99? When you consider that you were getting the media on real hardware (so none of Nintendo's subpar emulation) and could pick-and-choose your games, even Blockbuster's pricier days were reasonable compared to Nintendo's ROM cashgrab.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I mean, that's not wrong, but that still doesn't justify the price paid to effectively rent games and an emulator.

Remember when Blockbuster had 1-day rentals for a $1-2.99? When you consider that you were getting the media on real hardware (so none of Nintendo's subpar emulation) and could pick-and-choose your games, even Blockbuster's pricier days were reasonable compared to Nintendo's ROM cashgrab.
I thought you were coming from a low game count perspective, not high price. I don't think it's a good deal either

Banjo64

cumsessed
I know this is being drip fed and Nintendo have already said the NSO is being carried on to the next console (so they’re probably going to be drip fed over the next 6+ years), but it’d be nice to get Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Smash and DK64 soon.

Top Bottom