• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

Nintenleo

Undertale for Switch would be a smart move. A "console exclusive" that it's one of the most acclaimed titles of the decade. Nice way to start the new eshop.

Rocket League would be huge as well, especially for local multiplayer.

Effect

If this is live then I think it would be a good idea to post a warning in the opening post of this thread and whatever other thread gets made to warn people about the chats, if available where people to to watch this streamed. There are certainly going to be people in there being aholes spoiling stuff for Zelda, and maybe any other games.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/836241896972288000

Newegg is listing Guardians of the Galaxy: Telltale Series for Nintendo Switch

It was rumored before, Telltale Minecraft is coming so they should start putting out their other games on Switch too

The real question we need to ask is: How reliable is Newegg with "leaks" of this kind? Did they prove to be just reasonable guesses or more like actual information leaked before the official announcements?

However, if "big" refers to sales, Enter the Gungeon would surely fit the bill

http://steamspy.com/app/311690

Owners: 630,893 ± 23,217

And that's just Steam.

Technically, Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and Rocket League no doubt.

phanphare

Banned
The real question we need to ask is: How reliable is Newegg with "leaks" of this kind? Did they prove to be just reasonable guesses or more like actual information leaked before the official announcements?

However, if "big" refers to sales, Enter the Gungeon would surely fit the bill

http://steamspy.com/app/311690

Owners: 630,893 ± 23,217

And that's just Steam.

Technically, Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and Rocket League no doubt.

enter the gungeon would be so hype on the Switch

Waji

If this is live then I think it would be a good idea to post a warning in the opening post of this thread and whatever other thread gets made to warn people about the chats, if available where people to to watch this streamed. There are certainly going to be people in there being aholes spoiling stuff for Zelda, and maybe any other games.
Isn't it a "Nintendo Direct" type ? So... recorded.

Mpl90

Again, though, what's the source for that Gamexplain's comment? It would be very useful to know it.

If I'm understanding correctly then I'm pretty sure doing that would make me reach my data limit in seconds. I only get a gig a month for mobile data.

Luckily for me I have unlimited data! Mwahahaha

but because it's unlimited the hotspot feature is completely locked :( so no online on the go for me

4G? I mean, I can't believe Switch doesn't have 4G, I mean 3DS had it for god sake!

box_art-mh4g_n3ds00jwh.jpg

;)

What? This is a thing? That sounds ridiculous.

I have AT&T and DirectTV, so they have a promotion where you have unlimited data so you can stream stuff on the go. It's great! But it would be absolutely ridiculous if I could use it as a hotspot because then why even pay for internet?

There is a cap where it starts to slow down, but I've never hit it (and I'm on a family plan with a bunch of data hogs), plus they give you plenty of warning when you are nearing it.

Pretty sure they will announce a Yooka-Laylee bundle with the Amiibo (not confirmed yet but pretty sure it's an Amiibo).

C3lx__YWQAAOcTY.jpg

This would be really cool and what I meant when I said I wish Nintendo would support indies even more. Help them Publish Physical versions, finance games for some indies that make sense (example: Shin en), etc... An amiibo bundle makes sense for Yooka Laylee IMO and I would definitely pick one up and I've slowed way down on Amiibos.

The one where they say he played a game under embargo last Friday, which we talked about in here last night and linked to the exact time stamp or is there another newer one?

Maybe he's talking about the podcast they do on Sound Cloud. They put one up two days ago. I used to watch them all the time then they kind of slowed down and stopped. I didn't know they started them back up again.

Like I said I haven't watched their Sound Cloud podcast in months because they stopped. Lol

The latest one is here. I can't listen to it until later though.

https://soundcloud.com/gamexplain

Mpl90

Ok, I think it's this bit from the beginning of the latest podcast. Starting from around 1:30.

https://soundcloud.com/gamexplain

"Ash is actually...was getting more preview coverage from the San Fancisco Switch event, as well as playing a game that you guys gonna see on the 28th; get some more info on a big upcoming game there which is...really exciting. I love what he had to say about it, so, looking forward to that. But until then [...]"

Correct me if I made some mistakes in my transcription.

jonno394

Thanks for the info ^^

Interested what constitutes as big and exciting. Are ports big and exciting or are new games big and exciting, hmmm. Either way, something to look forward to tomorrow!

Gregtis

Edit - I was getting confused between YouTube videos and podcasts... Care to quote what they say?

I found it on the iPhone Podcast app.

Derrick said while Ash was in SF for a preview event, he also got to play a game we will able to see on the 28th.

Derrick: "A big upcoming game which is really exciting. I love what he had to say about it".

Edit: beaten with a switch.

Undertale, Owl Boy, Rocket League, The Witness (is this exclusive?) and others would be great on the Switch.

Imagine meeting up with friends/family to do local 4v4 Rocket League. Would be so fun.

Rocket League on the go would be phenomenal. Most games I plat on PS, I typically "shelve" and move on to something else. Still play RL with my friends online from time to time. It could really be a big deal on the Switch.

jmizzal

Telltale games are not my favorite, but they would be a very good fit for Switch I think.

I'd be more interested in playing some on Switch than console.

They could also use the touch screen mode on Switch since the games are on tablets and phones

Top Bottom