• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch on Youtube: Top 5 Game Videos by Country

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Zelda trailer is a ad on YouTube uk.
If anyone cares

Ah right, we should absolutely need a recap of which videos fall under the "ad" label: those videos get bigger amounts of views by nature, so comparing them to videos that do not appear as ads as disingenuous. Can anyone check specifically which ones are ads in US? I've read Bomberman is an ad there on Twitter, but I wanted a clearer statement on the situation as a whole.

I said it elsewhere but Nintendo fans were HUNGRY for Sonic Mania. Fact: The Switch trailer for it in the OP is actually not far behind the original upload of the trailer by the Sonic the Hedgehog YouTube channel which is at 2.37m.

This is for a trailer that barely has any changes aside from the Switch logo at the end (apparently thee are very minor subtle differences, but not anyone will see at first glance unless they perfectly memorized the original trailer or something).

And also the Switch version's Collector's Edition on Amazon is sold out.

And people still doubt Nintendo is Sonic's strongest market.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It's awesome to see Splatoon get all that love in Japan. I really hope some of that bleeds off onto Arms.

rhandino

Banned
The fact that Arms is above Xenoblade 2 in the USA~

Game has the potential to become what Splatoon was for the Wii U.

noshten

So what made Splatoon so popular in Japan?

It just always surprises me how popular it got. Great job to Nintendo on this

It's the biggest system seller game Nintendo has - that hasn't had a handheld variant in Japan.
People though Splatoon was a runaway success(biggest new IP in Japan since Wii) just wait until whole parks are filled with kids playing Splatoon 2 in Japan during summer vacation.

13ruce

Banned
Take into account that it's Nintendo's main account not USA only people all over the world are subbed and watch that channel not just the USA.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Mario trailer beating Zelda in the US (and really, a lot of other countries will view these versions) is surprising to me. I guess it's an announce vs. a game that's been shown a lot already.

It is also not known how much TrueView or YT Search was spent on which videos.

Google Trends is a better indicator of interest but give it two weeks and pull the data and see if there's any baseline momentum for which titles

Rainy

Banned
x49UdSt.jpg

Honestly this GIF is amazing.

Memento

I dont think that is a good metric to know which game is more popular in each country.

I mean, I am from Brazil and I watched the videos from the american Nintendo youtube chanel, because the videos there get more views, which means it will be in the "popular videos" section on YouTube. Everyone from every country will probably watch the most viewed video, because that is the one that will climb to the main page.

In fact, generally the so called "american" chanel is actually the "worldwide official" one. The same happens with PlayStation and Xbox. There is a reason the chanel is named "Nintendo" and not "NintendoUS". It is THE official chanel.

Zedark

Haha, first time seeing the parental controls video! That is an absolutely amazing video, and I like the way it works as well: seem really functional, especially for parents who are not that much into gaming themselves but want to buy their kids a game as a present or something. Nice job by Nintendo.

Sterok

It may be a port, but I think Mario Kart is still going to be massive. That's a lot of people seeing it for just a few new characters and battle mode revision.

Valient

I wasn't event that excited for Zelda till i saw this last trailer but i think i was more excited for Splatoon 2 even if i didn't much of the original game.

Tyaren

Yes. Or EU watches the US videos, because they rank higher in the youtube search.

Exactly. German here and I didn't even know there was a German Nintendo channel on Youtube. ;) I was very surprised to see the Zelda trailer even was dubbed in German (and other languages beside Japanese and English).

Nzyme32

Pointless metric when I'm most frequently guided to watching the US channel's videos.

I'm in the UK and saw none of the Switch content from the UK channel

BigEmil

I'm from Europe and I watched the US videos.
When I search for it it's mainly those at top results

mrmickfran

Lmao @ Splatoon dominating in Japan.

The squids have taken over.

EDIT: Holy shit @ Sonic Mania. It's catching up to the original trailer so quick. That shows how much more popular Sonic is on Nintendo.

Or maybe people watched it expecting more footage? :p

Not thay anyone cares, but Nintendo Spain's view counts below. The numbers are higher than those of any other EU countries after the UK...

Zelda: 122k views
Super Mario Odyssey: 49k
Zelda Limited Ed.: 27k
Mario Kart: 27k
Splatoon 2: 21k

I'm on Mobile so it's a bit cumbersome to post separate links, but if you want to check it out here's their channel: https://www.youtube.com/nintendoes

Mario really should be the launch game. It's by far the most exciting thing they showed and what I'd say is the killer app for the system.

Zesh

Mario really should be the launch game. It's by far the most exciting thing they showed and what I'd say is the killer app for the system.

Yep, the reaction to the Switch would've been very different if it launched in the holiday season with all of the 2017 games as launch titles.

Top Bottom