• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Owners: 256gb micro sd card for $89

Which is the better buy.... hmmm

I was looking at this awhile ago, if a 200gb cost $49 on its own, spending $40 for an extra 56gb isn't worth it. Without doing the math the 256gb should be like, what, $60ish to be 'worth' getting over the 200gb. You're better off getting two 200gb for $98.

Looking at the prices of all the avialable sizes, it seems like the 64gb and 128gb ones are the most discounted and everything after that is diminishing returns.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Does switch support external drives? $89 could buy you 4TB right now. Of course, not useful for portable mode.

I just dont want to drop that much on so little but with only 32gb you either have to go physical only or cough up more almost immediately after your console purchase. Sucks that 32gb was standard for a console in 2017.

Neff

Does switch support external drives? $89 could buy you 4TB right now. Of course, not useful for portable mode.

I just dont want to drop that much on so little but with only 32gb you either have to go physical only or cough up more almost immediately after your console purchase. Sucks that 32gb was standard for a console in 2017.

32gb has lasted me from launch until recently when both the BotW and ARMS updates hit. That includes hosting Splatoon 2, MK8D, Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Wonderboy III, Sonic Mania, Namco Museum, Ultra Street Fighter II, and 17 Neo Geo games.

I snatched up the 200gb card on Amazon today which should last me a while yet.

I want answers for this

256Gigs for $20?

Sounds too good to be true

This is a scam.

What happens when you see prices like this is that the seller is using a cloned card where a code is entered to trick a device into thinking it has more capacity than it actually does. The card will work, but most likely has like 8 GB on them, not 256 GB, once you hit the card’s capacity, the card will start to error out. Review scores will also show you it’s too good to be true.

ChuyMasta

This is a scam.

What happens when you see prices like this is that the seller is using a cloned card where a code is entered to trick a device into thinking it has more capacity than it actually does. The card will work, but most likely has like 8 GB on them, not 256 GB, once you hit the card’s capacity, the card will start to error out. Review scores will also show you it’s too good to be true.

Thank you.

I got a 200gig for $70 last year.
The 200g for $50 seems legit though

SRTtoZ

Going to return my 128 I got from Best Buy for $30 and ordered the 200gb for $50. Pretty hard to pass that up.

MarcelDG88

Neo Member
for the people interested on amazon spain they are still selling the 400gb sandisk micro SD card for 175 euros. Normal retail price is 260 to 280 euros, so for people that download allot of (indie) games. Or want to be set for (almost) the entire switch gen than go for it.

Sale will likely end tomorrow, nor sure tho.

And yea, amazon spain ships to the entirety of europe, not sure if US shipping is also possible.

for the people interested on amazon spain they are still selling the 400gb sandisk micro SD card for 175 euros. Normal retail price is 260 to 280 euros, so for people that download allot of (indie) games. Or want to be set for (almost) the entire switch gen than go for it.

Sale will likely end tomorrow, nor sure tho.

And yea, amazon spain ships to the entirety of europe, not sure if US shipping is also possible.
I think the switch doesn't support cards that big. I could be wrong though.

121387.jpg

You're wrong. They support up to 2TB, but the largest we have on the market is 400GB.

Switch supports microSDXC cards up to 2TB, 400gb is the highest capacity that is available right now. And yes it works, its confirmed by a couple of people that bought it.
Sounds good. I thought I remembered not purchasing a bigger card at launch because it wasn't supported. Good to hear I can get something bigger. Currently have a 200GB in there with plenty of space still left. Helps that I haven't gone fully digital because of Gamer's Club Unlocked discount for physical at Best Buy.

Top Bottom