• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Pro, how could it help Nintendo?

MagnesG

Banned
These are first party games
TartCreamyBoar-poster.jpg

903a23530e52a1d33719fb09a168daaa408a9bb3r1-718-395v2_uhq.jpg

CI_NSwitch_Arms_GlobalTestpunch_Tips_01_image950w.jpg

the_legend_of_zelda_wii_u_image_18CiP.jpg

This is a phone game.

Whatever still gonna play it. Nintendo couldn't do it, don't ever hope anymore. If you truly know how the market climate in the game industry right now, and still hoping, you're just being bitchy you know.

Also games have different priorities and budgets, what games could truly excel on gameplay and presentation both? It's rare. Most of the time we get games like FFXV.

Still, that phone game was from Mihoyo devs isn't it? They're never gonna stop being a copycat I guess. Make sense with their government laws though.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Pro as either doesn’t make sense, developers will still be limited to the original switch hardware with games being compatible. It will make some games run better already available but you won’t be seeing games that can’t currently run on the original hardware making their way across.

Make a mini that makes sense to be cheaper and smaller so it’s actually more portable and call it a day.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever still gonna play it.
I don't care! Cool?
Nintendo couldn't do it, don't ever hope anymore.
I'd like to remind people that the thread is called
If you truly know how the market climate in the game industry right now, and still hoping, you're just being bitchy you know.
Sometimes I feel like neogaf is /v/. You replied to my post that only has images for comparison to the previous poster with this. So ???
Still, that phone game was from Mihoyo devs isn't it? They're never gonna stop being a copycat I guess. Make sense with their government laws though.
Cope.
Pro as either doesn’t make sense, developers will still be limited to the original switch hardware with games being compatible. It will make some games run better already available but you won’t be seeing games that can’t currently run on the original hardware making their way across.

Make a mini that makes sense to be cheaper and smaller so it’s actually more portable and call it a day.
The N3DS loaded games faster and had a few games it could only run. I can see Nintendo doing this seeing as they no longer have a true portable.

MagnesG

Banned
I don't care! Cool?

I'd like to remind people that the thread is called

Sometimes I feel like neogaf is /v/. You replied to my post that only has images for comparison to the previous poster with this. So ???

Cope.
Hey, why can't I reply when it's an open forum lol. It's not like I DM rambling nonsense. Not cool with that.

Hmm, it doesn't help Nintendo though if they launch high end console right now. Anything higher than $350 is already risky. Go figure what specs we can get from that. Again, still on topic.

Also you're saying my comment doesn't correlate with your comparison? First party with phone game?.. and that game is kinda interesting..

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Also you're saying my comment doesn't correlate with your comparison? First party with phone game?.. and that game is kinda interesting..
I had a conversation about my views on the threads topic previously with Danjin and Jubenhimer Jubenhimer . We each had points in general and if you had quoted any of those it would have made more sense rather than what you quoted. Did you read that?

MagnesG

Banned
I had a conversation about my views on the threads topic previously with Danjin and Jubenhimer Jubenhimer . We each had points in general and if you had quoted any of those it would have made more sense rather than what you quoted. Did you read that?
Nope. Did I miss something? I'm on phone scrolling.. found the pics. Then I skim your points before that.

NahaNago

Switch Pro won't compete with next gen, and is needed now to run current games more decently
The thing is we will only get 2 -3 years of current gen and then a move to next gen. Even if we do get a pro it would come out next year and would be useful for 2 years at most.

NahaNago

and what's wrong with that lol?

I'm pretty sure most folks would like their console to be useful beyond 2 years. Now I know Nintendo will support but will the AAA publishers do the same. Even Sony and Microsoft's pro console will have AAA third party support for at least 4 years.

JCK75

There is so much VR potential in the platform if they could just get a higher resolution screen and better framerate at those resolutions, I hope they can get that with a real (not cardboard) headset.

SonGoku

I'm pretty sure most folks would like their console to be useful beyond 2 years.
It could be 3 years too, just like pro revisions or maybe more depending on how long Nintendo wants to extend the switch shelf life, if anything a pro revision would give it longevity
Besides no one who buys a pro revision expects a full gen of support.

Top Bottom