• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swoop for Lionhead Studios imminent?

IJoel

Damn you MS, get Starbreeze!

Edit: Oh and yes, I kid. Though Starbreeze definitely deserves to be acquired by a stable developer so that at least they survive.

Mashing

This isn't news... what would be news is this:

MICROSOFT IS *NOT* RUMORED TO BE PURCHASING EVERY 3RD PARTY DEVELOPER ON THE PLANET.

The moral of the story: I knew this was about MS even before I read that link... they are ALWAYS rumored to be buying someone

Deg

Banned
news_1927831_2178_2.jpg

I swear i have seen him somewhere.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Seems doubtful, Lionhead have a deal with activision aswell as their deals with MS, I think even Dimitri is signed up to a publisher already, so it'd be a long long time before MS saw any benefit from this.

Plus Molyneux is no poor man, he created Lionhead to get out from under the thumb of one publisher trying to stifle his creativity (EA) he'd be unlikely to want to jump back under a different thumb.

cja

Why do you think its doubtful Fleming? Activision have recently been making developer purchases just before games from those developers are released. Luxoflux (True Crimes, Shrek 2) and Infinity Ward (Call of Duty) for example. If Activision bosses like the look of The Movies then an offer could be in the offing, yes? MCV isn't a publication that goes throwing around rumours for no reason.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
cja said:
Why do you think its doubtful Fleming? Activision have recently been making developer purchases just before games from those developers are released. Luxoflux (True Crimes, Shrek 2) and Infinity Ward (Call of Duty) for example. If Activision bosses like the look of The Movies then an offer could be in the offing, yes? MCV isn't a publication that goes throwing around rumours for no reason.

Lionhead is much biiger then anything they bought before,they have deals with EA and MS,there is also no reason for Molyneax to sell LH,he gets money pushed up his ass,not to mention the fact the success of The Movies is not proven yet,the public anticipation isnt very high

cja

Activision have great hopes for The Movies, hoping for it to become a phenom similar to The Sims. Activision have the cash and with B&W2 and Fable along with Movies nearing completion will have plenty of resources freed up quite soon.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
cja said:
Activision have great hopes for The Movies, hoping for it to become a phenom similar to The Sims. Activision have the cash and with B&W2 and Fable along with Movies nearing completion will have plenty of resources freed up quite soon.

I dont think so,they didnt even try to push it.

Top Bottom