• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet 20 minutes of PS4 gameplay

sublimit

Banned

Really digging how this game plays! Looks like a really fun TPS.
Game is coming out on the 23rd and i'm seriously considering getting it day 1.

Typhares

I'm interested in the game but I strongly suspect that if I don't play with people I will drop it fairly quickly. Unfortunately I don't really have anyone to play this with currently.

sublimit

Banned
I'm interested in the game but I strongly suspect that if I don't play with people I will drop it fairly quickly. Unfortunately I don't really have anyone to play this with currently.
I think this game is gathering far more interest than any other previous SAO game so i think it will have a healthy online community to play with.

The people who have gone hands on with the Japanese version of the game suggest that its primarily a story based single player game with a heavy emphasis on loot collection.

Once you've played through the SP, you can play co-op multiplayer with friends where you do a completely separate set of missions but the loot acquired carries over between SP and co-op, ala Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars. This game also has competitive PvP as well where you fight other players head to head while performing certain objectives.

In other words, if you're primarily interested in single player (and loot based games) and do not necessarily have friends to play with, this game is mainly aimed towards you. The co-op+pvp are cool additions on top of that main experience.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Looks really good. I like that you get to create your own character, much better than being forced to play as Kirito or another. Hopefully, it has a decent length single player campaign. Quite a wait after this until we get swamped with huge releases again.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Looks really good. I like that you get to create your own character, much better than being forced to play as Kirito or another. Hopefully, it has a decent length single player campaign. Quite a wait after this until we get swamped with huge releases again.
Ni no Kuni 2 comes out next month so it's not a very big wait (unless of course you don't consider Ni no Kuni 2 as huge)
Edit:sorry I have no idea why my post is bolded (I type from a tablet)

Last edited:
This game, for what the other games in the series play like, is definitely the best playing-looking in the series, but not only has a it got a pretty infamous name stuck to it, but also a few bad past experiences. My thought is that the game will play well and be pretty decent and/or good, but it's going to be left in the dust as just a fairly decent game.

Top Bottom